Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

ferez21 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:18 am
simmo75 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:46 am
ferez21 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:40 am I need Largo to go on sale 😭
I’ll get it to you for $50? :)
Thanks for the offer, where is it being sold for $50 right now? Or did you mean that you are selling your own copy?

I know that in AudioPluginDeals they have it on sale for $29 from time to time, I hope the next one is soon.
Yeah, it’s my own.
I got the PPG Wave for $29 from them, I’m sure it will come back around.

You can still get it from from them right now for $29.99 if you have enough rewards bucks in your account.

Free Waldorf Microwave 1 inspired soundset for Waldorf Largo with 100+ patches, download is over at Gearspace:

https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... st14845772

https://soundcloud.com/endorfinity/wm1fwl
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Guys n gals I've reuploaded the "JUN 2021 XOR templates" I made. Patches yet to come. If anyone makes some though, I'll incorporate them in the patch set yet to come. I'll be shifting into hi gear here.
Last edited by MutantHero on Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XOR templates --> notes for programmers & geek-a-zoids:

I preset the osc 1,2 & 3 phases to 0, 120 and 240. The reason was when I use UNISONO (that's just Unison), I want the UNISONO iterations to be phase accurate, but I prefer the OSC's to be uniformly out of phase! Of course you can change it. I had been getting some punch to the beginning of XOR sounds (or any sounds) this way that Pulse (obviously) can't do (not even the poly pulse that guy built - which is incredibly epic).

On the template that says 'w/o PWM', I've set Osc 2 Wave to 127, the far end, where this wavetable gives us a square wave.

On the template that says 'w/o PWM', I've set Osc 2 Wave to 64, the mid point (some may argue 63 - so be it), ready to be modulated (I've set it to receive LFO 2 mod) to give us the PWM effect.

Reminders:

We initially only monitor RING MOD in the mixer.

Osc 1 & 2 are hard wired to be ring moddable.

Ring mod on square waves and pulse waves is the equivalent to mathematically 'XOR'-ing them (as in Pulse).

There is a difference that is noteworthy: In LARGO we may only simulate XOR after the waveform has been rendered by the oscillator. In PULSE the XOR math occurs BEFORE the oscillator renders. Just something to know. To say it another way, in LARGO we are XOR-ing in the audio domain, whereas in Pulse, XORing occurs in the digital domain, before the analog oscillator renders.

Use your ears.

Osc 2 can be sync slaved to Osc 3 as in Pulse.

The biggies I have to constantly remind myself of is 1) the availability of Unison mode, and 2) the ability to layer 4 complete sounds ('PARTS') in LARGO ... different, same, or any combination. This is the most unexplored territory without a doubt. Only a couple of LARGO sound sets in the world make use of that ability at all. Each part can have different effects too. This is a pseudo bypass to the Two Effects Only mis-perceived limitation.
Last edited by MutantHero on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:14 am, edited 6 times in total.

I had posted a question earlier and found an answer tonight and I figured I'd share. I had been listening and sorting lot of patches from Harmor that I made last year. I then went to LARGO was auditioning and sorting patches on it as well. Going quickly from Harmor to Largo - I realized I wished I could take LARGO to another level. More life, more clarity. So I tried several exciters and compressor / saturators. I found Maserati HMX did what I was looking for. It made well over half the patches sound better, and LARGO exceeded my sound quality expectations as many times. I am sure this info is kindergarten level for most people but I put a few hours into this and figured maybe I could help someone else.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tony-m ... s-by-waves#

"One Knob Brighter" was doing good things too but HMX was better for me.

Lotuzia wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:07 am Some are decent, but very rarely more than that. Over time I tend to prefer the ones that have a very strong character, even if they are not so versatile, but they add a unique touch. Largo's reverb for example. Can sound strange, but sometimes, you just wont find something to replace it, and it definitely belongs to the patch. Same with FM8.
Has anyone found a reverb similar in character to Largo? I’m looking for a substitute for Largo’s internal reverb.
Last edited by Everglide on Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotuzia’s full post here viewtopic.php?t=446912

what am I missing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Some bass tones with Waldorf Largo....

https://soundcloud.com/rastkovic/waldor ... lobos-bass

edit: link fixed
Last edited by Rastkovic on Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Has anyone heard from Waldorf regarding Apple M1 support?

Emailing now…

Rastkovic wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:13 pm Some bass tones with Waldorf Largo....

https://soundcloud.com/rastkovic/largo-villalobos-bass
It sounds good :)

Rastkovic wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:13 pm Some bass tones with Waldorf Largo....
Like it, sounds like the sub 37 :) can you share the preset ?

Everglide wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:07 am Has anyone heard from Waldorf regarding Apple M1 support?

Emailing now…
M1 Mac Mini on Big Sur here. Been using Largo in Logic with Rosetta. (Waldorf Edition 2 LE and Nave also work well.) Ive had no issues so far. Hope it’s this smooth for you.

Norqa wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:31 pm

https://soundcloud.com/rastkovic/largo-villalobos-bass
It sounds good :)
Thank you!
Clem4 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:46 am
Like it, sounds like the sub 37 :)
Thank you, it wasn't my intention to mimic the Sub37. Maybe it is the filter drive, that made it sound similar.
Clem4 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:46 am
can you share the preset ?
My personal opinion is that presets are the death of electronic music. :lol:

But I can give you screenshot to replicate the sound. In general it's a simple patch, it's all about fine tweaking the modulations in relation to the musical content. The key elements are Oscillator 2, which is tuned to +7 semitones, and the filter drive which is modulated by LFO 1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”