PiKTrix goodies / User Manual & more documentation later

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
KVRist

Topic Starter

211 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:16 am

I am going to simplify the 24 bit support in the next update...

KVRAF
2681 posts since 20 Mar, 2012 from Babbleon

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:10 am

simplicity is king (or queen).

hi chopen, for now, i will wait for the final update.
i have a working version of trikpix and i will stick with that one.
i fear i might break it with newer updates by way of not following instructions properly.

good luck with testing piktrix in other daws. my guess is that if it works in reaper 6 then it will work with most newer other daws.

i have not played scrabble for a week and so i need to take a break with the testing of the rest of the dc2021 entries. i can always test them after the challenge.

thank you for piktrix. i myself am always appreciative of makers of musical tools.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:20 am

(Version 0.81) :
  • Add 'Chi-Rack__OSC_Set.PNG' & 'Chi-Rack__OSC_Set.txt' in PiKTrix Ony 32 (missing).
  • Better Installation to support [Deluxe] soundbank.
here it is and done !

you have worked well harryupbabble. So you have the right to an image :tu:

Thanks for your help to diagnostic a lot of bug !

I like the video at the start. Could you made another one ? (if the update works) with the good picture 'OSC' (1 minute is more than enough) or bounce the accompagement & give me this last one so that I can make a new video in my laptop? I really like the climate at the start... :clap:

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 am

If in doubt, it's always good to uninstall before installing !!!

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:30 pm

I have tested in cubase studio 5 VST3 Versions of PiKTrix :clown: . It's not super stable for the moment. I don't know if it's because i have an old DAW or if it's the VST3 patch protocole that shit a little... But better to use 64 bit for now ! Just a little problem of Init for the 64 bit versions (i must work again a little here). 32 bits seems work very well...

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:30 pm

I wanted to debug again but I've had enough so I made a new video.
The integration of PiKTrix Ony VST3 is great but I can't put more than 4 PiKTrix (the sound don't load after). I will test with the 64 version. I believe that the 32 bit versions is the great version...
(It is a shame with Reaper too. 64 versions is not good with it) :(

https://youtu.be/vaJO4E9rejQ

:party:

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:50 am

It work good in 32 bit versions now. But not yet unlimited numbers of PiKTrix Ony in 64 bit versions. I must change the audios module and other modules for don't crash the DAW After 4 PiKTrix Ony. I work in this actually. It's also stable when load After save in your DAW (tested with Cubase Studio 5). It is therefore a partial success while waiting for me to find a solution for the 64 bits which have another type of assembly !

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:33 am

New Update in Ony 64. I allowed myself to add an image since it was the end of the challenge ('Looped' mode)

I worked hard to redo all the internal architecture of PiKTrix Ony 64 with new modules ! (Thanks to Elena Design modules to the better integration of them in 64 bit host).

Fix 1.1 (PiKTrix Ony 64)
-------
* New audio modules in architecture core of 64 bit version for improve the stability in multiplugins mode (test of 10 x 'PiKTrix Ony 64' in cubase studio 5 with success !!! maybe more possible...)
* New function 'Looped' in PiKTrix Ony 64 (with new image 'Looped')
* Presets updated (less release & Looped) with new picture & modules (ElenaSamplingModules_x64.sem, TD_MemoryPack.sem)
* The 'Lock' image has been removed (was useless)
* Correction in Install.bat to target 'PiKTrix.txt' localized in priority on "Modules\PiKTrix.txt" (from 'Update PiKTriX v.1.1')
* Correction of some minor bug...

and thank you everyone to waiting for me for this last update of the KVR DC 2021 (I don't know if we are still in the Challenge now) :wink:

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:19 pm

(Version 1.1.2 on all versions):
  • New 'random' option in Arp modules.
  • Fix bug in repeat notes when sustain pedal is activated (CC64). 'Release' Title become violet when CC64 is activated (possibility to manually activate this option by clicking in release title).
  • Improvement of the 'Init' Program (52). Init.wav is load in all lines thanks to the new modifications of 'Custum List' (prefer to add your own instruments through this patch in the future).
  • New Instrument 'Digit.piano house' available from custums lists.
  • Better init in all versions (3-5 secondes wait between 2 programs changes. You must see 'Init' in digit viewer).
these last days, i have not had internet connections, which is why 1.1.1 was not uploaded correctly (it did exist on google drive however). I could not assure for the end of the KVR DC but to be honest it would have taken me 1 more month for everything to be perfect (demonstrations and debugging of the software). The documentation is not yet very extensive. I will remedy this in the next few days...
The next update (the next week). I will add some new instruments (to have 64 usine presets & will work to find a system to made user presets more easily...)

[ The Qi-Rack versions have natives audio modules then there is again a limit of number to use in a DAW ].

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2021”