Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRist
206 posts since 14 Jun, 2002 from Gothenburg, Sweden

Post Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:46 pm

thelizard wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:01 am
I have Apple Silicon builds of everything running on my new M1, so those patches are next up for testing.
Any news on these being released?

KVRian
784 posts since 11 Dec, 2003

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:13 am

Hi,

Could someone who has Lion on a PC help me out please ?

What the install path for user presets ?

User avatar
sbj
KVRian
1239 posts since 17 Aug, 2012 from Old Zealand

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:36 am

brick wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:13 am
Hi,

Could someone who has Lion on a PC help me out please ?

What the install path for user presets ?
Look here: C:/Users/"Your Name"/AppData/Roaming/UnfilteredAudio/LION/Presets
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination - Mark Twain
-

KVRian
784 posts since 11 Dec, 2003

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:39 am

sbj wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:36 am
brick wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:13 am
Hi,

Could someone who has Lion on a PC help me out please ?

What the install path for user presets ?
Look here: C:/Users/"Your Name"/AppData/Roaming/UnfilteredAudio/LION/Presets
Much appreciated sbj. Thank you!

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 am

Can anyone confirm this bug in LION: Tags disappear from user presets after saving them. Example, I've created some presets and saved them. Then use the "presets" button to bring up the browser and edit tags/description. After a while tags are gone!! Sometimes it was one user preset with all tags/descriptions missing, then it was ALL but one gone!

Can anyone confirm this? I've tried in Reaper and LIVE with VST2 and 3 versions (latest). WIN 10 x64.

KVRist
52 posts since 14 Nov, 2020

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:54 pm

Biome_Digital wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 am
Can anyone confirm this bug in LION: Tags disappear from user presets after saving them. Example, I've created some presets and saved them.
Can anyone confirm this? I've tried in Reaper and LIVE with VST2 and 3 versions (latest). WIN 10 x64.
They seem to save OK here with the Tags intact in the new version of Lion Ver 1.3, Win 10 and Bitwig 4.1. Does that mean we will be getting a NEWLOOPS Lion Preset pack soon? It would be great to hear how this synth sounds with a proper sound designer.

User avatar
KVRist
336 posts since 17 Oct, 2006 from Franche-Comté

Post Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Me too, I don't confirm this bug with REASON 11 under SIERRA (Mac OS X 10.12.6.) _
Last edited by geronimo on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro 2 X 3.06 GHz, D.P. 10.13 & Kontakt 6.4.2. _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Clavier CamelSpace & CamelPhatt _ Alchemy & Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:53 am

geronimo wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:20 pm
Me too, I don't confirm this bug with REASON 11 under SIERRA (Mac OS X 10.12.6. _
Ok that is strange. Although the behaviour is inconsistent. They do save for me, but then after a while they are gone!

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:06 am

tactile_coast wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:54 pm
Biome_Digital wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 am
Can anyone confirm this bug in LION: Tags disappear from user presets after saving them. Example, I've created some presets and saved them.
Can anyone confirm this? I've tried in Reaper and LIVE with VST2 and 3 versions (latest). WIN 10 x64.
They seem to save OK here with the Tags intact in the new version of Lion Ver 1.3, Win 10 and Bitwig 4.1. Does that mean we will be getting a NEWLOOPS Lion Preset pack soon? It would be great to hear how this synth sounds with a proper sound designer.
THANKS! :oops: :love:

I must admit I am getting the most amazing cinematic ambient sounds out of Lion, so unique and evolving, but the bugs are killing me!! :( I am writing out descriptions for presets and they are not recalling. There is some other bugs too with envelopes.

There also is NO KEYS category?! :o Or Plucks.

I did give up yesterday but I am having another look today. Might try a re-install.

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:14 am

I just tried it again. I added tags and description, saved the patch. Reloaded Lion and they are gone. If I release a bank, it might be untagged!

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:27 am

I've figured it out. To recreate this bug follow these steps:

1. Save a user preset (give it a name to find it in a minute).
2. Open the preset browser (from bottom right "presets")
3. Find and TAG your saved preset: Artist, Bank, Type, Character, Description. - At this point all the tags will be saved and recall. This is expected behaviour. BUT...

4. SAVE your preset again using the "save current preset" button on the top bar (down arrow button).
5. Remove LION, reopen LION and now check your tags for the preset = GONE???

KVRer
3 posts since 13 Jun, 2005 from Slovakia

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:25 pm

I've just tried this, indeed, the tags are gone if I follow these steps

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:26 am

karolm wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:25 pm
I've just tried this, indeed, the tags are gone if I follow these steps
THANK YOU! This was driving me insane! :lol:

I've reported this bug, not had a swift reply yet.

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 am

geronimo wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:20 pm
Me too, I don't confirm this bug with REASON 11 under SIERRA (Mac OS X 10.12.6. _
Did you get a chance to try the steps above?

User avatar
KVRian
1342 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:28 am

tactile_coast wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:54 pm
Biome_Digital wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 am
Can anyone confirm this bug in LION: Tags disappear from user presets after saving them. Example, I've created some presets and saved them.
Can anyone confirm this? I've tried in Reaper and LIVE with VST2 and 3 versions (latest). WIN 10 x64.
They seem to save OK here with the Tags intact in the new version of Lion Ver 1.3, Win 10 and Bitwig 4.1. Does that mean we will be getting a NEWLOOPS Lion Preset pack soon? It would be great to hear how this synth sounds with a proper sound designer.

Did you get a chance to try the steps above?

Return to “Instruments”