What do you guys think of Replika Shimmer compared to Valhalla Shimmer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you guys think of Replika Shimmer compared to Valhalla Shimmer? I just discovered this effect recently even though I've had Komplete 13 ultimate for a while now. I really enjoy it and like the sound of it. I haven't tried Valhalla Shimmer so I don't know how Replika Shimmer compares to it. What do you guys think? Here's a video I made of me messing around with the plugin using NI Grandeur:

https://youtu.be/O7Z3qj41iqU

Is this basically Replika XT in diffusion mode with the pitch shift modulation?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 pm Is this basically Replika XT in diffusion mode with the pitch shift modulation?
I'm not sure, I haven't really used replika XT. Perhaps they tweaked and edited parts of replika xt and made a separate effects vst out of it?

Replika Shimmer appears to be only in GR 6???

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:32 pm Replika Shimmer appears to be only in GR 6???
Yes but that's what I'm saying - You could already do Shimmer reverb in XT. I think it's the same thing as using Diffusion with pitch-shift modulation in XT. Not sure though as I don't have it set up to test currently. Maybe they tweaked something.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I don't see a product called Replika Shimmer on the NI website, not sure what they're referring to.

seangm wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:34 pm I don't see a product called Replika Shimmer on the NI website, not sure what they're referring to.
It's a module in Guitar Rig 6.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:35 pm
seangm wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:34 pm I don't see a product called Replika Shimmer on the NI website, not sure what they're referring to.
It's a module in Guitar Rig 6.
Cool I have GR6 but haven't run into that yet.

Well it sounds nice in your demo.

What do people think of BLEASS shimmer compared to Valhalla?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 pm Is this basically Replika XT in diffusion mode with the pitch shift modulation?
Prolly. Sounds great, I also used it like that a couple of times.

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:48 pm Well it sounds nice in your demo.
Thanks.

What do you guys think of Replika Shimmer compared to Valhalla Shimmer?

TB Reverb also has shimmer. Worth checking that out too.

Did an AB comparison a few years ago. My findings were:
Replika had more resonant frequencies, slightly warmer tone, brighter in a mix. Shimmer was slightly smoother, less grain but a little dull, wasn't as sharp in a mix.
Because the differences were so subtle I didnt end up buying Shimmer. The tail is just as long. Replika to my ears seems more musical, especially with resonant ringing instruments like piano and guitar and its diffusion has more options

Kinh wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:46 am Did an AB comparison a few years ago. My findings were:
Replika had more resonant frequencies, slightly warmer tone, brighter in a mix. Shimmer was slightly smoother, less grain but a little dull, wasn't as sharp in a mix.
Because the differences were so subtle I didnt end up buying Shimmer. The tail is just as long. Replika to my ears seems more musical, especially with resonant ringing instruments like piano and guitar and its diffusion has more options
Which replika did you use? Replika XT or Replika Shimmer, because I think Shimmer just came out last year when Komplete 13 came out.

Anyways, I was thinking about buying Valhalla Shimmer, but after discovering Replika Shimmer in my Komplete 13 Ultimate package, I may just stick with Replika.

Return to “Effects”