Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Been using viper for a while, it's the first plugin I usually pull up for synth sounds now. I think it might really take off once people are able to import TI banks (if that is still planned) There's alot out there on the internet, would make this plugin a preset powerhouse lol

Thanks. Alien and Virus skins are nice and the tooltips are very helpful by explaining things.
New filters sound good. Overall great update! :)

"Simply put the "Viper" folder into your Vst plugins location and scan the plugin in your DAW."

That instruction only applies to the first time I suppose? The empty user patch folder of the new version would probably overwrite and hence delete existing user patches. Dangerous :hihi:

Unlike what it says on the site, the demo turns silent every 30 seconds, not every 60 seconds. No problem, just saying... :wink:

The skins look good, especially the light one :)

Just tried this synth, its really really good, well done! But I have a feeling that sync LFO is pretty slow...can it go faster or 1/64 is tops? It would be really great if it could go much faster.

1/64 seems to be the max on many synths. Fast enough in my view. Actually, way too fast :hihi: Adding the oscillators as mod sources for audio-rate modulations is probably not that easy...

I find it funny that when switching between sync and free mode in the LFOs, the fastest and slowest speeds are the other way round.

kanoharuayu wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 pm I think it might really take off once people are able to import TI banks (if that is still planned) There's alot out there on the internet, would make this plugin a preset powerhouse lol
It is planned for an update in the future. First I need to take a rest, then make lots of soundbanks I wanted to make for a while, and then I will do the Virus import ;)
e-crooner wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:31 pm "Simply put the "Viper" folder into your Vst plugins location and scan the plugin in your DAW."

That instruction only applies to the first time I suppose? The empty user patch folder of the new version would probably overwrite and hence delete existing user patches. Dangerous :hihi:
Nope the User folders are empty in the zip file, and they wont overwrite anything so they cannot "delete" your existing data.
e-crooner wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:39 pm 1/64 seems to be the max on many synths. Fast enough in my view. Actually, way too fast :hihi: Adding the oscillators as mod sources for audio-rate modulations is probably not that easy...

I find it funny that when switching between sync and free mode in the LFOs, the fastest and slowest speeds are the other way round.
Yes its strange, but I just did it like they do in the Virus blame them :D
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

e-crooner wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:39 pm I find it funny that when switching between sync and free mode in the LFOs, the fastest and slowest speeds are the other way round.
Yeah, it confused me as well. :)

Anyway, I hope we will see 1/128 with next update. And more preset banks is definitely a must!

I guess it's time to finally buy it! :o :love: :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

thanks for the hard work, Adam :tu:

On the product page for Viper and also JP6K the button for "Manual Download" has a typo - Downlad :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

adamtrance wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:51 pm
kanoharuayu wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:22 pm I think it might really take off once people are able to import TI banks (if that is still planned) There's alot out there on the internet, would make this plugin a preset powerhouse lol
It is planned for an update in the future. First I need to take a rest, then make lots of soundbanks I wanted to make for a while, and then I will do the Virus import ;)
VIrus TI import would be realy nice - glad to see how much development this synth gets. Thank you for this update :)

"To download the update, simply click the download link again from the receipt email which contains your serial when you purchased Viper."

Man... I hate that. Who saves that stuff (receipt email)? No way to log in and get the download? Sheesh... now I have to email them to get the latest.... hate that.

How hard is it to make a folder to put those things into? Anything with a serial no. or a download link to a new product gets saved in mine.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I have all of my serial numbers, license files, etc. I think all of the other products I own have a way to download them without sending an email, except for Adam's stuff and Dmitry Sches' stuff.

But, clearly I'll save the download link when I get a new one. I just didn't expect to need to save the link itself.

Return to “Instruments”