The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 am Working my way through Gas II, I think "Life On The Streets" is a great track. I like the way the vocals jump out and paint a gritty picture. The production and mix are very good. The occasional double tracked vox are very cool. :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... he-streets
Guitars are really well done on this too, very well programmed there! Love that what I would call 'Beatles chord' that comes in at the end of some sections too.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:55 am
Frantz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 am Working my way through Gas II, I think "Life On The Streets" is a great track. I like the way the vocals jump out and paint a gritty picture. The production and mix are very good. The occasional double tracked vox are very cool. :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... he-streets
Guitars are really well done on this too, very well programmed there! Love that what I would call 'Beatles chord' that comes in at the end of some sections too.
Beatles chord? Wish I knew what that was. LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback. This song is going to appear on one of my group's future albums. Not sure when.

Another oldie. This one from 2010 from my CD "Welcome To Hell"

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/killing-me

Well done, it sort of reminds of the Undertones.
To really pass it off I would dial down some of the highs in the Eq if you want it to sound from that Era.
Great Melody and Hook.
:tu:

Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:06 pm Sorry double click.

Phone double enter. Oops

Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:06 pm Well done, it sort of reminds of the Undertones.
To really pass it off I would dial down some of the highs in the Eq if you want it to sound from that Era.
Great Melody and Hook.
:tu:
The song is before the days when I did any real mixing, EQ, compression, etc. at all. And since the original 4 track is gone, nothing I can do with it now.

But thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:29 pm
The song is before the days when I did any real mixing, EQ, compression, etc. at all. And since the original 4 track is gone, nothing I can do with it now.

Quite impressive for a 4 Track.
You are a good songwriter that is for sure!

Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:18 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:29 pm

Quite impressive for a 4 Track.
You are a good songwriter that is for sure!
Well, it took 44 years for somebody to finally recognize that and offer me a songwriting gig. Now I've got about 25 songs in the pipeline of mind that are going to appear on a number of future albums.

I like Doctor Doctor ... but the outro, which is very good.
Riding off into the Sunset is one of your best songs imho.
It'll be really interesting to hear how the band covers them.
Will you be able to give us a link to their versions?

Bansaw wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:15 pm
Will you be able to give us a link to their versions?
Unfortunately, no. They're hoping that someday their distributor will give them permission to market to the US and publicly. Right now, it's a subscription service through word of mouth. The distributor is totally paranoid about piracy. Even I can't buy my own songs because I live in the US.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:27 am
Well, it took 44 years for somebody to finally recognize that and offer me a songwriting gig. Now I've got about 25 songs in the pipeline of mind that are going to appear on a number of future albums.
Keep us posted on the progress.
Good luck, I think you deserve it.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:41 pm Another oldie. This one from 2010 from my CD "Welcome To Hell"

Sounds really good. except the highs a little over the top. did you play the guitar yourself? sounds much better than fake VST guitar.

CableChannel wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:16 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:41 pm Another oldie. This one from 2010 from my CD "Welcome To Hell"

Sounds really good. except the highs a little over the top. did you play the guitar yourself? sounds much better than fake VST guitar.
Yes, I played guitar on this one. I sold it a long time ago.

And yes, the highs are over the top. In fact, the whole mix is a train wreck. I didn't really do any mixing back then. Just hit record and let it go.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:30 pm
CableChannel wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Yes, I played guitar on this one. I sold it a long time ago.

And yes, the highs are over the top. In fact, the whole mix is a train wreck. I didn't really do any mixing back then. Just hit record and let it go.
How come you don't play anymore?

Return to “Music Cafe”