Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

I am sorry that its so hard to search for an email with the words "Adam Szabo" and then click the download link again. The email specifically says dont delete that as you need it again in the future... and then you delete it? I dont understand...
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:07 am I am sorry that its so hard to search for an email with the words "Adam Szabo" and then click the download link again. The email specifically says dont delete that as you need it again in the future... and then you delete it? I dont understand...
Not that I'm excusing deleting of e-mail with serial, but why won't you add an account system? Or - like U-He - provide a form where when user puts their e-mail they'd get an e-mail with license number? I'd assume you maintain a database with e-mails & licenses?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:20 am Not that I'm excusing deleting of e-mail with serial, but why won't you add an account system? Or - like U-He - provide a form where when user puts their e-mail they'd get an e-mail with license number? I'd assume you maintain a database with e-mails & licenses?
If you are so smart spilling out "why don't you" ideas, and have time on your hands why don't you create a system for Adam and provide it for him for free??

U-he is not single man handling company (like Adam) and online activities, U-he has people working on that.

I am not saying Adam is not capable of doing it but man...If he start focusing on website we won't get any TI bank import anytime soon.

kmonkey wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:29 amIf you are so smart spilling out "why don't you" ideas, and have time on your hands why don't you create a system for Adam and provide it for him for free??
Because I'm not a coder and I have a paid job already? If I was a coder and was looking to make some extra money, I'd definitely be willing to help.

Adam's selling a paid digital product which usability is predicated of having access to the license key, so certain baseline level of service & support is nowadays expected.

I'm sorry reality makes you feel offended :shrug:
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:20 amNot that I'm excusing deleting of e-mail with serial, but why won't you add an account system? Or - like U-He - provide a form where when user puts their e-mail they'd get an e-mail with license number? I'd assume you maintain a database with e-mails & licenses?
Adam is just one man, U-He is a company with a couple of dozen employees. It's probably much easier for him to deal with the occasional idiot, rather than treat all of us like idiots.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I think there is a bug with the LFO's. After a while, browsing patches, and tweaking the LFO's, one of them or both stop working. They just stay in the position of the initial phase and don't modulate. Even if you change or initialize a new preset. You have to reload the plugin. Can't find a way to reproduce it easily, just have to browse presets and mess with the LFO's.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:17 amAdam is just one man, U-He is a company with a couple of dozen employees. It's probably much easier for him to deal with the occasional idiot, rather than treat all of us like idiots.
U-He - who is couple of employees, not "couple of dozen"! - has a much, MUCH wider catalogue of plugins that are constantly developed and updated, provided in VST, VST3, AU and - soon - AAX formats, compatible with Widnows, macOS & Linux and recently ported to Apple Silicon, too. I'd wager U-He's output per dev is orders of magnitude higher than Adam's.

I won't even mention TAL-Software, who's basically one guy with multiple plugins, covering all plugin formats & all OS-es as well.

Adam's basically offering 1 (actively developed) plugin in 1 format for 1 OS.

So staff count is a weak argument.

BTW, I just finally bought Viper :)
Music tech enthusiast

Found a way to reproduce the LFO bug:
1. load Viper
2. load factory bank 2
3. browse a few presets with the arrows
4. init a preset
5. LFO's are broken

Sorry if this has been already discussed: are the randomizer buttons in the arpeggiator page acting weird for anyone else?

More precisely:

Length randomizes the velocity (or the pitch, in note mode) of the active steps.
Velocity randomizes the gate length of the active steps.
Step randomizes both gate and velocity/pitch and is the only button that can activate and deactivate steps within the looped area - this is likely the expected behavior for this button.

So...at the very least it looks like the Length button actually runs the Velocity randomizer, and vice versa.

EDIT: was about to update the plugin on my laptop and I thought I'd give it another try on an earlier version of Viper: in 1.0.8. the randomizers behave according to their labels, in 1.0.9 the behavior of Length and Velocity has been switched around.

Regards,

--
Marco
Last edited by vulpes777 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:17 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:20 amNot that I'm excusing deleting of e-mail with serial, but why won't you add an account system? Or - like U-He - provide a form where when user puts their e-mail they'd get an e-mail with license number? I'd assume you maintain a database with e-mails & licenses?
Adam is just one man, U-He is a company with a couple of dozen employees. It's probably much easier for him to deal with the occasional idiot, rather than treat all of us like idiots.
I don't think it's about "treating anyone like an idiot". You see what happens. People lose their license keys, people lose their email receipts. It simply saves everyone a lot of work to provide a system which accounts for that.

That's no criticism, just saying how things (unfortunately) work. I already lost license keys as well, and had to contact developers to get them. It's much easier to retrieve them, when there's some kind of account system. But, that means building up such an infrastructure, of course, which may or may not be possible for every one-man business.

Where do I put those two png files? I can't find the viper location? I'd update the synth and include the skins so its an install.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Seems like I was wise to hold off on the update. Viper is a crucial part of a project that's nearly done. I'm sure Adam will stomp those bugs soon.

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:35 am
BONES wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:17 amAdam is just one man, U-He is a company with a couple of dozen employees. It's probably much easier for him to deal with the occasional idiot, rather than treat all of us like idiots.
U-He - who is couple of employees, not "couple of dozen"! - has a much, MUCH wider catalogue of plugins that are constantly developed and updated, provided in VST, VST3, AU and - soon - AAX formats, compatible with Widnows, macOS & Linux and recently ported to Apple Silicon, too. I'd wager U-He's output per dev is orders of magnitude higher than Adam's.

I won't even mention TAL-Software, who's basically one guy with multiple plugins, covering all plugin formats & all OS-es as well.

Adam's basically offering 1 (actively developed) plugin in 1 format for 1 OS.

So staff count is a weak argument.

BTW, I just finally bought Viper :)
I don't think Adam is a full time coder like Urs. I might be wrong but Adam is actually a sound designer along the likes of Rob Papen. Whereas Rob has a full time coder on his team for his plugins, Adam decides to do the coding and also artwork himself.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:02 amI don't think Adam is a full time coder like Urs. I might be wrong but Adam is actually a sound designer along the likes of Rob Papen. Whereas Rob has a full time coder on his team for his plugins, Adam decides to do the coding and also artwork himself.
That's great & I appreciate his work, which I just proved finally getting Viper :party:

Still, a certain level of baseline support for digital product is expected. After all he somehow managed to have a newsletter feature, shopping basket, a form for filling in buyer's data, Paypal support, etc.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:37 am
kmonkey wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:29 amIf you are so smart spilling out "why don't you" ideas, and have time on your hands why don't you create a system for Adam and provide it for him for free??
Because I'm not a coder and I have a paid job already? If I was a coder and was looking to make some extra money, I'd definitely be willing to help.

Adam's selling a paid digital product which usability is predicated of having access to the license key, so certain baseline level of service & support is nowadays expected.

I'm sorry reality makes you feel offended :shrug:
So what is a "certain baseline"? It sounds like I am doing some horrible service. You purchase a product, and you get your serial by email automatically, and you write that serial in your product and activates and all is working happily. If there is a problem, I reply to all emails and help out. How is that not good enough?

I use wordpress to power my website and I have no idea how the hell you make a webshop. Sure, I could learn it, but then Id still be writing it today. Its much easier and faster to use plugins so I used Easy Digital Downloads. I had to heavily modify it to handle the licenses, and made the mistake of thinking that what I like, other people will like also. I HATE having to log in to a website, I already need logins for a gazillion site, with each having different rules for username/password. I thought the simplest I can do is send a download link with the serial and no login required. In hindsight I should have gone with user logins instead, but I am at a point of no return and I cannot change it. If I were to change it I have to manually send each of my customers an email and there is no way in hell thats happening, id have to do that for months. So it is what it is, I am sad people have a hard time to NOT delete an important mail.

And yes I am doing everything by myself. Coding, testing, analyzing, website stuff, graphics, sound design, customer support, marketing. Then this is nobodys business but I live alone, I have to cook for myself, take out the trash, do the dishes, doing the cleaning. Those take ton of time as well. If I d have a wife, and Id have 10 guys working for me then yeah, we can compare me with U-He or someone else. And everyone is getting all these updates for free, all you have to do is sit and wait while I do all this hard work. So I hope I can get some goddamn slack :P
anoise wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:44 am Found a way to reproduce the LFO bug:
1. load Viper
2. load factory bank 2
3. browse a few presets with the arrows
4. init a preset
5. LFO's are broken
Thanks, I can recreate it. The way to fix it is turn on the LFO Env then Off again, to somehow enable the lfo calculations. I dont know why its happening but Ill take a look.
Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:24 am Where do I put those two png files? I can't find the viper location? I'd update the synth and include the skins so its an install.
Did you copy the entire viper folder from the zip? There is a skins folder in there, thats where they are.
vulpes777 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:08 am EDIT: was about to update the plugin on my laptop and I thought I'd give it another try on an earlier version of Viper: in 1.0.8. the randomizers behave according to their labels, in 1.0.9 the behavior of Length and Velocity has been switched around.

Regards,

--
Marco
Thanks, indeed its wrong, ill fix this.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Return to “Instruments”