Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

If Adam continue to make each up better i couldn't resist to buy it :)
Few times was on buy button,but then decided that something else is more important than new synth :)
Next two in my list are Viper and Predator 3 :)
Cheers :)

Viper is Exceptional. The FX section shines! and sculpts the synth, much the same as the virus.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamtrance wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:39 am .
(just quoting so Adam gets a notification - didn't want him to miss my apology.)

My apologies to adamtrance. I find it annoying to go through support to get an upgrade file, but I understand that your time and resources are limited.

Frankly, the answer is, I retained the original zip file with the installation files, I retained the serial number, and I didn't expect to need the download link again because of those retentions; I was not expecting to need the link again for updates. I don't have the original email - does it say that the download link will be needed in the future in order to get upgrades? If not, I think that it should. If it does say that, my apologies.

In any case, I was in a bad mood, I worked all weekend due to production issues with my company (so I can empathize with the amount of work you are doing in order to support your synths), and so I wrote a message that is a bit uncharacteristic for me. Generally I try to keep my responses positive and keep the vibes here chill. I didn't do that this time around, so I am sorry. :hug:
Last edited by OzoneJunkie on Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is it just me, or does knowing about the "human being" behind the software make you want to support it even more. I think people make a lot of assumptions about developers who sell products online and many times those assumptions are way off. After reading about the developer behind Valhalla plugins I immediately went out and bought them all because I loved his philosophy and his pricing decisions. Now, after reading the recent email from Adam, it looks like I'm going to be buying Viper this week. 😃

adamtrance wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:39 amSo what is a "certain baseline"? It sounds like I am doing some horrible service. You purchase a product, and you get your serial by email automatically, and you write that serial in your product and activates and all is working happily. If there is a problem, I reply to all emails and help out. How is that not good enough?
It's fine, but not up to the standards other devs provide. That's all. It's far from a horrible service, just subpar.

adamtrance wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:39 amI use wordpress to power my website and I have no idea how the hell you make a webshop. Sure, I could learn it, but then Id still be writing it today. Its much easier and faster to use plugins so I used Easy Digital Downloads. I had to heavily modify it to handle the licenses, and made the mistake of thinking that what I like, other people will like also. I HATE having to log in to a website, I already need logins for a gazillion site, with each having different rules for username/password. I thought the simplest I can do is send a download link with the serial and no login required. In hindsight I should have gone with user logins instead, but I am at a point of no return and I cannot change it. If I were to change it I have to manually send each of my customers an email and there is no way in hell thats happening, id have to do that for months. So it is what it is, I am sad people have a hard time to NOT delete an important mail.
Well, I prefer user accounts and there are tools to safely store your passwords. You shouldn't project your own preferences onto the user base.

adamtrance wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:39 amAnd yes I am doing everything by myself. Coding, testing, analyzing, website stuff, graphics, sound design, customer support, marketing. Then this is nobodys business but I live alone, I have to cook for myself, take out the trash, do the dishes, doing the cleaning. Those take ton of time as well. If I d have a wife, and Id have 10 guys working for me then yeah, we can compare me with U-He or someone else. And everyone is getting all these updates for free, all you have to do is sit and wait while I do all this hard work. So I hope I can get some goddamn slack :P
Why should I care? You're selling a paid product, I've the right to not like some aspect of the service. Also, how do you know I - or others - don't have to go through a lot worse than living alone, cook and take out trash to get the money to buy your plugin. You think my money grow on a tree?! :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The e-mail with the dowload link says
"Please keep this information in a safe place, you will need this email to download your files again in the future".

I think the problem is that this is written in colored text. Nobody ever reads colored text

:D
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:11 pm The e-mail with the dowload link says
"Please keep this information in a safe place, you will need this email to download your files again in the future".
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I probably did read it but ignored it because I knew I was retaining the files myself, and didn't interpret that as "you will need this email in order to download future updates". Now I know. Cheers.

Great update, I like the new GUI and filter style a lot.

But what about the other oscillator modes of the TI ? If find those much more important than new presets. Did you actually investigate how those were made ? I remember you saying that you didn't know how to do it. Part of the sound IIRC (been a few years) is that those oscillators introduced with 3.0 (iirc) are actually two oscillators that are synced.

IMO you should focus on making this synth TI feature complete and then move on with your own oscillators, filters, distortion curves etc. and essentially turn this into a Virus TI3. With the DSP563 Emulation 100% authenticity is not needed anymore and so you should set it apart (once all basic features are there).

And a seperate FX plugin would be nice, too. As Viper customer I would also be willing to pay for it, hopefully others, too. Make a discount for Viper owners so hopefully everyone will be happy.

Nice Idea for the FX Plugin
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Nice update. I like Dip200's idea a lot! Adam, make this synth Virus TI3! Access has some other priorities. DSP563x emu showed us Virus is abandoned. Expand its potential. You've done so much, so far.

Yes, it would be cool to have that entire FX suit in one separate plugin.
Within the synth, a global FX on/off switch might make sense.
Last edited by e-crooner on Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam, I just wanted to say thank you for this great update and for all the continuous hard work that must be behind it! :tu:

I would also like to thank you for the great support you are offering. :clap:

Please make sure to take a break from time to time, and please do not let yourself be dragged down by any ungrateful and absurd comments.

Weirdly, this version installed fine and was recognised by Studio One without me having to remove the space in the DLL name. Very strange. Having looked at the new skins, it reveals something important - the original/default skin is really good. It is easily the best of them, although I suppose it's nice to have options. Thanks Adam!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”