New from IK - X-Gear digital effect pedals

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sounds like the old stuff. I'm not going to buy that over and over again!

There could at least be a rival video with a handlebar mustache guy.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Let's face it, we've got our noses pressed against the glass ceiling when it comes to sound quality, effects diversity, and the myriad choices available. There is much greatness, but little newness is left under the sun. The last frontiers are cpu usage, multi-platform support, stability, efficient gui's, running without pita managers, and prices. And of course, musicianship and education. Reverb is old. Distortion is old. Modulations are old. Mixing and mastering are old. So IK have, in search of newness, increased their hardware catalog, and it's integration with old if not very old software, that can only improve in ever smaller increments beneath the ceiling. I'm happy with my four IK hardware devices, and look forward to adding more. IK share the boat with the competing developers, all of them are releasing old things, slightly improved, in slightly new wrappers,
and with various sale, rental, and lease agreements. Old, old
OLD :hyper:
Cheers

FWIW The Line 6 Delay Modeler is currently going for $299 and that's not even technology from this millenium.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Yeh, those Line 6 Delay pedals have held their price and are quite popular considering the HX stomp range (same modelling as Helix) is not much more expensive and has 300+ effects and models with up to 6 at the same time (including a looper and IR loading). They go for about £375 new UK.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yup, very happy with my HX Effects, which has good modelling, flexible routing, and really substantial free updates. Will be interesting to see the comparisons between the models in these IK pedals and the Helix stuff once people get their hands on them.

I think the DL4 is a bit of an anomaly really; on paper it's nothing special but people love the workflow and it has become a modern classic. I wonder what fraction of users have it dedicated to looping.

I haven't played through mine in a while because most of my playing has been ITB for a while. However, I would flip between looping and delay as necessary. I had one setting for a basic delay, one for filtered, and one for reverse.

The reason I think the DL-4 was so successful was that it was first out the gate. I got mine in 2000, and I don't remember there being anything like it at the time. Today, there are plenty of things that do the same thing for less, and maybe even better.

I didn't want to start a whole thread for this. Peter, will you please ask the Amplitube 5 team to add panning back to the room sound like Amplitube 4 had? Not being able to pan the Amp Closet is an absolute deal-breaker for me.

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:46 am https://sonicstate.com/news/2021/07/15/ ... ts-pedals/

Expensive 'individual' digital modelling guitar pedals.

X-DRIVE distortion
X-VIBE modulation
X-TIME delay
X-SPACE reverb

I cant really see the point, going for the Line 6 HX Stomp seems better to me (they have everything in them 300 amps, cabs, and effects) these pedals only have 16 FX and you need all 4 of them to cover the range of FX a guitarist may need? £300 each = £1200 + VAT- 1500??, you can get a full HELIX or even a Kemper for that for that!

Anyway, not for me so I will move on.
Well said, or even a Boss floor would cover this ground.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

There are many guitarists that are looking for individual pedals instead of a multifx unit. These would be for those folks. People don't have to buy all four, but I won't argue if they do :)

We also have a new video showing each of the 16 algorithms of the AmpliTube X-SPACE reverb pedal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUIFGtF3uE

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:08 am You can put in feature requests for updates to any models you feel should be updated.
Hi Peter,

How to do that? Contacting support at IK website?

tappert wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:24 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:08 am You can put in feature requests for updates to any models you feel should be updated.
Hi Peter,

How to do that? Contacting support at IK website?
Yes you can use the contact methods on our site, and most products have a "wishlist" thread on our forum that get gathered up and sent to the PMs/devs

Would 64 algorithms not all fit in one pedal?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:28 pm Would 64 algorithms not all fit in one pedal?
The you would only need to buy 1 pedal and not 4 :lol:

There are plenty of pedals out there that can of course do all four of these FX at once...but IK think people will prefer each Fx in a separate pedals...so lets see, maybe at some point you will be able to load the other FX in , they are digital after all with a USB socket!

I'm not sure how they can say 'Industry-leading integration' when HELIX hardware and software are literally identical...not just 1 pedal, very single amp, cab and fx can be used in hardware or software. I wonder if we will ever see the full A5 in hardware rather than just a pedal.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

No one in the gp buy is complaining about getting the software versions freeeeeeeeeee, lol.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Effects”