Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=471629&start=30

Seems a secure affermation

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:24 pm Didn't the prophecy and z1 used
sondius algo's in the first place licensed from stanford university ?
So what if the og developer has died ?
The algo's are still there
Not all of MOSS oscillator modes are Sondius, and also I think they tweaked it all anyways.

I.ve found this on wikipedia, interesting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_w ... _synthesis

Andywanders wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:08 am I finally got to demo Prophecy and I have to say I'm very unimpressed.

The sound is weak. Indeed for a "lead" synth it's laughable. None of the presets inspired me at all. Then I tried programming my own sounds and it kept crashing, notably when assigning mod sources on the 'Arp' page.

The other two don't interest me in the least but I was curious about the Prophecy. However, it seems like Korg have rushed this out without proper beta testing.

Definitely no sale here.
How did you try programing it? It has no modulation page. I think it sounds great but no mod matrix makes it a no sale for me.

It doesn't have a typical mod matrix, it has modulations adjustable via the small M and other buttons sprinkled throughout the GUI.

Andywanders wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:08 am The sound is weak. Indeed for a "lead" synth it's laughable.
Gain it up after the plugin. They gave it a bit too much headroom. The sound is far from weak when you tweak it properly. :)

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:23 pm
The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm
did that mean, when I upgrade from old KLC now, then there´s only the Triton Extreme in the package? :? but I will need both, if I decide to buy :pray:
No, you get both. I upgraded from the legacy collection and got both tritons when I upgraded to the full Collection 3.
thanks alot, nearly got heart-attack if not both :hyper:

I've just taken the plunge and purchased Korg Collection 3, couldn't resist with all the recent additions. I've had the demo version of Triton etc. for sometime with it all working great.

The Triton is now playing up, as its been updated from my demo version.
Evertime I click on the Digital button at the top, standalone or vst, it crashes.
Also all EXB B and EXB F Combinations are using the wrong Programs...
Anyone else found this?

The Digital crash bug is a known problem that affects everyone. I’m sure it will be fixed before long.

Which button? I don't see anything on Triton that says "Digital" on it.

Edit: Nevermind...I just found it on the Extreme version. It isn't crashing for me when I use that button. I am on a PC though, so maybe some of the others reporting it are Mac users?
Last edited by Examigan on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:27 pm Which button? I don't see anything on Triton that says "Digital" on it.
It works OK on Extreme. It crashes on the regular Triton. If you don't see it on the regular Triton, you probably haven't updated to the latest version.

Ahh...I see now, I just updated it, and yes it is crashing for me now also.

I got an email from Korg Support about the ASIO stand alone bugs that they were aware of for past Odyssey and present Prophecy/Mini and other crash bugs and projecting they would have them fixed in the next update - hopefully for Thursday. Of course, they didn't say which Thursday...

beely wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:29 pm
Examigan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:27 pm Which button? I don't see anything on Triton that says "Digital" on it.
It works OK on Extreme. It crashes on the regular Triton. If you don't see it on the regular Triton, you probably haven't updated to the latest version.
Do you know what it is suppose to actually do?
Digital/Classical/Studio ?

rsp
sound sculptist

Emulate different DACs. See a few pages back. :)

Return to “Instruments”