rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:45 pm You know iLok could go out of business as well right? Then if (when)your dongle fails? Nothing is guaranteed to work forever. :shrug:
Tivo had $3 trillion in assets, they aren't going out of business any time soon, or without any kind of warning. They (macrovision) also haven't really been doing badly for the last 10 years, despite the acquisition chain of Tivo and Rovi. And now they're merged with Xperi...

NikkiA wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:10 pm Tivo had $3 trillion in assets,
Three Trillion dollars? You want to try that again?

AT&T ranked number one "only" has 551 Billion in assets. Apple ranked fifth has 337 Billion.

https://www.swfinstitute.org/fund-rankings/company

Russia's GDP was only 1.74 trillion USD in 2019.

Also I can't find any indication that Pace is owned by anyone let alone Tivo:

"PACE Anti-Piracy Inc. is a privately held company based in San Jose, California."

https://www.paceap.com/about-us-basic.html

Anyway I didn't say there were going out of business simply that they could just as any company could.

I don't fear Rob Papen going out of business although I would be giddy as a schoolgirl if Pace went out of business. :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Predator 2 on sale now (33% off). I bought it here from the KVR deals market (with their 9 points allowed). Really great one! My favourite non emulation VA.
I hope for Predator 3 to return to Predator 1 colours and design! I really like the first design. It is so inviting and polished :)
Predator 1.jpg
Still P1 runs great and sounds great to me! Although P2 is really nice with the white skin :tu:
Predator 2.jpg
I'm also interested in Blue2 a little bit, but I will see if I purchase Explorer or just Blue2 next discount or 2nd hand market.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gondii wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:02 pm I purchased the upgrade from four plugins to eXplorer-6 for 99€ just a couple of months ago and am paying in 6 instalments (17€ per month). Any upgrades to products or the bundle (including to v7) are automatically included. Really nice upgrade/crossgrade policies. Looking forward to the additions!
Yeah, I did more or less the same. I went to their website to get Predator 2 and realised I could buy Predator 2 for 149 or get everything they had for 199, upgrade from 2 products, a no brainer really I went for the latter option

Interesting! I use Predator 2 quite often, but I have to agree that the RP GUIs are not necessarily the best. Maybe one reason why the Rob Papen synth are so underrated. From the sound, the features and also the presets e.g. Predator is IMO pretty good.

Btw. Rob has written about Predator 3 a bit more:
- Redesigned User Interface
- Improved workflow
- Reworded Sound Engine
- New Filter types
- New features in the Arpeggiator section, being 'Ratcheting', 'Step-Length', 'ARP A-D' and 'MIDI OUT
- New modulating Multistage Envelopes
- Side Chain input
- VST3 support
- And...much more
Predator-3 is expected to arrive at the end of September 2021

4damind wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:11 am Interesting! I use Predator 2 quite often, but I have to agree that the RP GUIs are not necessarily the best. Maybe one reason why the Rob Papen synth are so underrated. From the sound, the features and also the presets e.g. Predator is IMO pretty good.

Btw. Rob has written about Predator 3 a bit more:
- Redesigned User Interface
- Improved workflow
- Reworded Sound Engine
- New Filter types
- New features in the Arpeggiator section, being 'Ratcheting', 'Step-Length', 'ARP A-D' and 'MIDI OUT
- New modulating Multistage Envelopes
- Side Chain input
- VST3 support
- And...much more
Predator-3 is expected to arrive at the end of September 2021
That's nice! I will be looking for its release. Meanwhile, I think I will buy couple of RP synths (BIT seems really nice! almost one page synth which makes it faster and easier to edit presets or making our own sounds :)

Yes, improved workflow and redesigned user interface is exactly what many people want.
Let's see how Rob & John implement this ;)

Reworded Sound Engine
Nice. How do they call it now? ;)

Personally, I like the interface design of v1 and v2. It's almost one page. I hope it continues with the same concept.

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:55 pm
Reworded Sound Engine
Nice. How do they call it now? ;)
I think that’s what it is called now. Perhaps it used to be “moteur de son”? Or “sound making thing”? Who knows?

I suspect the first “d” in “reworded” is a victim of spellcheck. But, I suppose if some code was rewritten, then technically it has been…umm…reworded. :)

Seriously, though…the list of improvements Rob has posted, all appeal to me as a Predator 2 owner. Can’t wait to see what they’ve done.
On a number of Macs

n/m

Sucks that predator 2 (starring Danny Glover) is on sale before we can hear how 3 sounds. Definitely not buying 2 just to upgrade to a synth I can't hear. Hope a demo comes out soon.

Ratcheting on the arp sounds cool, what other synths do this?

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:11 pm Ratcheting on the arp sounds cool, what other synths do this?
Papen's Blade2 as well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

4damind wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:39 pm Yes, improved workflow and redesigned user interface is exactly what many people want.
I think it's Jon (as in Jonathan), not John :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:25 pm
4damind wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:39 pm Yes, improved workflow and redesigned user interface is exactly what many people want.
I think it's Jon (as in Jonathan), not John :wink:
This could be true (Jon Ayres) ;)

Return to “Instruments”