Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Ahh. Thanks. Clearly i am going deaf.
I couldn't hear the difference in Triton Extreme.
rsp
sound sculptist

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:23 pm
The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm
did that mean, when I upgrade from old KLC now, then there´s only the Triton Extreme in the package? :? but I will need both, if I decide to buy :pray:
No, you get both. I upgraded from the legacy collection and got both tritons when I upgraded to the full Collection 3.
How much did it cost? My price is $149

Gotta say, the KORG Software Pass is one heck of a mess.

Lots of issues including it got into an update loop and just keep downloading the same file, installing it and then saying it needed to be updated.

After that, it doesn't recognize that some of the individual synths have already been installed.

Finally, had to do a deep uninstall of everything before it would recognize what version was currently installed, which wiped out all the presets.

Way too much time....

bill45 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:11 pm How much did it cost? My price is $149
Mine was $199, but I'm assuming that you had a newer version than I did.

I had the original legacy collection, and I didn't own any of the synths that came out after that.

just felt it was important that a bunch of random strangers know that I don't care for this product.

:D

PatchAdamz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:11 pm Gotta say, the KORG Software Pass is one heck of a mess.
Yup, it sucks. Even when it’s working properly, when you install or update a plugin, it just downloads the installer and makes you manually install it. And you get to do that for every individual plugin. Gee, thanks!
Stormchild

beely wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:36 pm The Digital crash bug is a known problem that affects everyone. I’m sure it will be fixed before long.
I've been waiting for over a year for a couple of their vst's to get off of Cubase's blacklist. Yes, Cubase....created by Steinberg. The company that invented the standard for VST. You are most optimistic!
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

PatchAdamz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:11 pm Gotta say, the KORG Software Pass is one heck of a mess.

Lots of issues including it got into an update loop and just keep downloading the same file, installing it and then saying it needed to be updated.

After that, it doesn't recognize that some of the individual synths have already been installed.

Finally, had to do a deep uninstall of everything before it would recognize what version was currently installed, which wiped out all the presets.

Way too much time....
I experienced the same. It was not necessary to uninstall any plugins. The problem was with the folder(s) in C:\Program Data ( mia<something-or-other>.tmp ), where the the links in C:/Progam Files/KORG are pointing to. After removing that lot ( and the links, just to be sure ) installation of Software Pass 1.1.3 finally took place. It is a indeed a mess KORG needs to sort out. Massively annoying. Unnecessarily too, I'm sure. Still, I really like the new plugins.

Some of my Korg synths crash studio one if I don't have the gui open when deleting the track with the synth on it. Odyssey seems to be the worst culprit.

Does any of these Korg plugins have smooth sound transition?

No.

beely wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:56 pm
LoopyFruit wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 pmWhat is the difference between the programs/combos in the Triton of Korg Collection 2 (with all expansions), and Triton Extreme in Korg Collection 3?
The difference is they are different. The Triton WIKI lists they main differences in banks the Extreme had vs Studio, but in the main, they took a few EXB's complete, and select patches of other ones and built them into the new Factory library.

So the Factory presets will be a mix of the previous Triton Studio presets, and the included EXB's, possibly renamed or tweaked, and possibly some new ones.

Any more detail, and you'd need someone to make a 1:1 list of the thousands of presets to see which instruments each preset was included on, and I doubt anyone's going to do that...

I think the Triton Extreme plugin is a bit of a weird one. Yes, they could bang it out quickly as it's essentially the existing Triton reskinned and with a different selection of PCM/preset data and a tube & DAC emulation, but whether that was worth a whole separate plugin I'm not sure... there wasn't that much difference in sound and presets between them, and the differences are more obvious with the hardware, where one of the Extreme's selling points was the EXB expansion data now included, none of which was included with the Triton Studio keyboard (it was all optional extra stuff, but is all included with the plugin, of course.)
Many thanks for a detailed reply beely much appreciated.

ELEX wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:33 am

Way too much time....
I experienced the same. It was not necessary to uninstall any plugins. The problem was with the folder(s) in C:\Program Data ( mia<something-or-other>.tmp ), where the the links in C:/Progam Files/KORG are pointing to. After removing that lot ( and the links, just to be sure ) installation of Software Pass 1.1.3 finally took place. It is a indeed a mess KORG needs to sort out. Massively annoying. Unnecessarily too, I'm sure. Still, I really like the new plugins.
The plugins sound great and are good emulations of the hardware.
Been using these since the first releases, Korg does a great job with the synths but the installations and authorizations have always been touch and go.

Hopefully they will it together in future releases.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:07 pm
martin_l wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:56 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pm
martin_l wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:30 pm Not sure whether I am missing something here. Personally, I am not so interested in the Prophecy and Tritons, but I would have liked the resizable GUI on the MS-20, Mono/Poly etc. Was there ever any upgrade path to those versions, which I missed? Is there still a way to upgrade to those?
The GUI update to MS20 etc was free if you owned them. I think you just had to make sure you registered on their newer web site. Think they sent out emails about it to existing owners about 18 months ago.
I did that, but somehow it never worked for me. :( I guess I need to see whether I can contact the customer support, if something like that exists...
try this link…
https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
Just wanted to give a quick update, that I managed to update to the new GUI version. Here are a couple of observations, which also might help other people, as I found them very confusing:

- after you create your korg.id account, and after you 'buy' the upgrade using the voucher, the new products do still NOT appear in your Account page in the Korg.Shop. (they will only appear AFTER you upgraded in the Software pass app).

- the email with the download links to the new versions did not include any link where I could download the software pass app, and I could not find it on their web page either.

- Starting the plugins in a DAW does not open the link to get the software pass app.

- Only starting the stand-alone versions, and clicking on Activate did open a web page where I could actually download the software pass. After that is installed, it worked as described.

I hope that helps others struggling with similar issues. If it was mentioned before, please feel free to delete this post.

Legacy Bundle user here - enjoying the demos of the new stuff way too much, had a Triton back in the day.

Anyone else finding the EXB-PCM combis (on the silver Triton plugin) are mixed up?

Single voices (progs) seem OK but if I use the combi browser, then EXB-PCM button, the first combi patch (EXB-PCM01:000 Ethereal Piano) has no piano in it. Seems to affect piano voices mostly (seem to be a lot missing in the EXB-H Concert Grand Piano combis)

Have tried installing on 2 different Win10 machines with same result. Something to do with piano program names having changed since they did the combis maybe??

Return to “Instruments”