IK announces UNO Synth Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As much as I enjoy your opinions comparing two synths you don't own and have no experience of, I would just like to point out that synths don't make unique sounding pre-sets, people do.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:54 pm As much as I enjoy your opinions comparing two synths you don't own and have no experience of, I would just like to point out that synths don't make unique sounding pre-sets, people do.
also, i dont think bones is interested in "unique sounds" for the sake of it.
its not what his music calls for, and first and foremost is "the music". novakill, do "songs" the words are the important bit, the music is there to support them.
overly modulated "sound design" type stuff would detract from the song.

and i think id fall in the "i prefer one knob per function" camp, but to say that because of that, im more likely to spend time making presets than someone who uses soft synths is bullshit, i was no more or less creative as a sound designer when i was too skint to buy hardware.

i like what i like, but i dont expect anyone else, let alone everyone else, to think like me, logic and common sense dont really come in to this lark, if they did, bones isnt wrong, we would all be using soft synths with full recall of every parameter, because logically, that makes sense if you want to reproduce the same songs repeatedly.

The thing for me is that I don't hear the products of all this amazing sound design in any music. Absolutely everything I hear sounds to me like it could be done with a synth no more complex than Invader 2 or Saurus, if people took the time to learn their craft better. It might make you feel good that you can press a single key can get something that amazes you but to an average listener, all that is lost. They only hear the sound, they don't see, know or care how you did it. One key press or 40 layered tracks of complex sequences and automation, it doesn't matter.

When I think about gigs, I often find myself momentarily wanting to explain to the audience how we do what we do but I realise that it's immaterial to them, they just want to hear the music and be entertained. It's of intense interest to me, obviously, and may be of passing interest to a few people around here but, beyond that, nobody gives a shit. If you want to share your music with the world, then it's all about results, not processes. If you just want to wile away the hours until you die, maybe it's a bit different but I think most of us would like to think there is an audience out there for what we do, that it's not pure self-indulgence.
lfm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:29 amYes, I know it's a cardinal sin to say something like that ;)
It is when you are completely full of shit, with no direct experience of what you are talking about. When everything you have to say is based on assumptions driven by arrogance and prejudice, not on facts or first-hand experience. That you seem not to understand any of this just proves the truth of it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:53 am It is when you are completely full of shit, with no direct experience of what you are talking about. When everything you have to say is based on assumptions driven by arrogance and prejudice, not on facts or first-hand experience. That you seem not to understand any of this just proves the truth of it.
That is a response from someone that ran out of arguments. ;)

Have fun in your Uno editor when it arrives....

Or someone who just got sick of hearing the same unsubstantiated garbage repeated ad nauseum. It's almost like a mantra, as though you think if you say the same thing enough times, it might become true. But until you have actually used the thing, nothing you have to say about it is of any value whatsoever (beyond keeping this thread near the top of the list, of course).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

IK official editor video…

https://youtu.be/o3-QLJ7cyL0
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Excellent! That is exactly what it needs to be. I wonder why it's taken so long?

The editor is available and Squids did a walkthrough of the UNO Synth Pro Editor from the IK US studio:

https://youtu.be/mJl0p_Au6Fg

Woo-hoo!!!!

Short lived excitement. I can't get my Uno Pro to connect to the editor, either in standalone or as a VSTi in Studio One. I have it connected to the port marked "USB", not the one marked "USB Power". Any ideas?

Can't help- I ended up returning my Pro (day 29 of the Amazon 30 day return window!)

Loved the sound, almost worth keeping for that but I have have the original UNO which has the advantage of being battery powered and when fed in to what I normally use it with (MPC or Novation Circuit) has effects from those units.

Ultimately I returned it as hated the case. USB came out twice when I was using it (and of course that the power), couldn't read the writing on the case and also I put the £350 towards buying a Novation Summit :-)

Did you have the Desktop or the big one? I haven't had any trouble at all with USB cables on the Desktop version but that may be, at least partially, because I use cables with right-angle plugs. When I first got it, the lack of batteries irked me somewhat but I got over that pretty quick because, in reality, it's not a big deal for me.

Can anyone tell me how osc fm works? What FM knob modulates what. As far as i understand Osc 1 can modulate osc 2 or 3 or both.

Also can anyone send me editor (windows version)? i expierience latency problems within the DAW. I have Uno Synth original and have no problems with that, so dont want to register the software just in case editor wount solve the problem and ill need to sell Uno Pro Desktop (Or return it) :(

I've sent you a link. I hope it helps!!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”