Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:49 am The plugins sound great and are good emulations of the hardware.
Been using these since the first releases, Korg does a great job with the synths but the installations and authorizations have always been touch and go.

Hopefully they will it together in future releases.
Could not agree more ! Whatever KORG may mess up, it is surely not the quality of the plugins. I got in at the special bundle v2 for silly money really ( $100 upgrade from $50 controller, which was basically sale price with a free controller thrown in, no complaints there :) ) and have loved them ever since, esp. the Odyssey. They're easily among the best sounding softsynths I know, also exhibiting very little of the discrete time related issues that so often plague emulations ( esp. those from companies that like to blow their own horn loudly, so it would seem :wink: )

I wish the favorites were alphabetical (specifically the Prophecy—I haven't tested others). The favorites are saved in order of when you added them.

I tried editing the "favorite.json" file, changing the index numbers, changing the patch numbers, changing the order, but none of that seems to work 🤔 I thought I would at least break it if anything, but nothing has changed.

Is there a way to alphabetize favorites? A better way to go about it? A feature I'm overlooking perhaps?

Jelly wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:39 pmSingle voices (progs) seem OK but if I use the combi browser, then EXB-PCM button, the first combi patch (EXB-PCM01:000 Ethereal Piano) has no piano in it. Seems to affect piano voices mostly (seem to be a lot missing in the EXB-H Concert Grand Piano combis)

Have tried installing on 2 different Win10 machines with same result. Something to do with piano program names having changed since they did the combis maybe??
I see that on the Mac version too. Did this work as expected in the previous version?

Edit: In the old version, that Combi has "SG Hybrid Piano" in the first slot.
In that Combi in the current Triton version, that is replaced with "Room Kit", a drum kit, so that is clearly wrong.

joeyluck wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:58 pm I tried editing the "favorite.json" file, changing the index numbers, changing the patch numbers, changing the order, but none of that seems to work 🤔 I thought I would at least break it if anything, but nothing has changed.

Is there a way to alphabetize favorites? A better way to go about it? A feature I'm overlooking perhaps?
that would be the way I had tried, but when you say no success then we´ve to wait
keep in mind: Prophecy is still in V1.0.0 (the 1st I ever seen in that total virgin status) so we all have the hope that KORG will fix all the bugs and put also some needed improvements like your wanted sorting, my "POLY" must be able as global switch a.s.m.m. :pray:

ELEX wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:27 pm
PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:49 am The plugins sound great and are good emulations of the hardware.
Been using these since the first releases, Korg does a great job with the synths but the installations and authorizations have always been touch and go.

Hopefully they will it together in future releases.
Could not agree more ! Whatever KORG may mess up, it is surely not the quality of the plugins. I got in at the special bundle v2 for silly money really ( $100 upgrade from $50 controller, which was basically sale price with a free controller thrown in, no complaints there :) ) and have loved them ever since, esp. the Odyssey. They're easily among the best sounding softsynths I know, also exhibiting very little of the discrete time related issues that so often plague emulations ( esp. those from companies that like to blow their own horn loudly, so it would seem :wink: )
I agree with all that.

One note, most of the vintage soft synth emulations on the market are made by folks not affiliated with the original hardware being emulated.

Korg on the other hand, owns all the rights, schematics, details and is working directly with the original developers of the hardware.
Because of this, these are some of the more accurate soft synths currently available (of vintage hardware).

Now if they could work with someone on that thing they call the KORG Software Pass.....

beely wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:06 pm
I see that on the Mac version too. Did this work as expected in the previous version?

In that Combi in the current Triton version, that is replaced with "Room Kit", a drum kit, so that is clearly wrong.
Thanks for confirming :tu:
Looks like a new issue, I’m sure they’ll sort. Glad it’s not just me!

Is there not an ASIO option for the MiniKorg plugin? All of the other plugins have ASIO except for the Mini.

Sequent wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:26 pm Is there not an ASIO option for the MiniKorg plugin? All of the other plugins have ASIO except for the Mini.
And the Prophecy. According to ED, that must ne a forgotten line of code. If that's the case, we may lihkely have it in one of the next versions. In the meanwhile, I'm using the MME with acceptable results. I only use the standalone for programming sounds, anyway.
Fernando (FMR)

Jelly wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:04 pm
beely wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Thanks for confirming :tu:
Looks like a new issue, I’m sure they’ll sort. Glad it’s not just me!
Yeah, unfortunately it's not just the pianos; several of the EXB presets in 1.3 are broken. I guess I'm going to revert to 1.0.1.

https://postimg.cc/mt6FSjJ2

Regards,
--
Marco

Thanks for that.
fmr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:45 pm
Sequent wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:26 pm Is there not an ASIO option for the MiniKorg plugin? All of the other plugins have ASIO except for the Mini.
And the Prophecy. According to ED, that must ne a forgotten line of code. If that's the case, we may lihkely have it in one of the next versions. In the meanwhile, I'm using the MME with acceptable results. I only use the standalone for programming sounds, anyway.

Re: ARP Odyssey crashes when trying to change to ASIO driver.

Also, demoing Prophecy and Mini Korg where there is NO ASIO option.
(Only Windows Audio or Direct Sound.)

KORG app (KORG app User Community)

Aug 3, 2021, 10:22 GMT+9

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We are aware of this problem.
We will fix it in the next update. It will be released on Thursday at the earliest. Please wait for a while.

Best regards,
KORG app team

BBFG# wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:42 am
Re: ARP Odyssey crashes when trying to change to ASIO driver.
We will fix it in the next update. It will be released on Thursday at the earliest. Please wait for a while.

Best regards,
KORG app team
YEY :hyper:
and the best: the update is in the KORG Pass avilable
but can´t check it out, ´cause it´s too early to make music (Germans seem not to like this in the morning...)

Jelly wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:39 pm Legacy Bundle user here - enjoying the demos of the new stuff way too much, had a Triton back in the day.

Anyone else finding the EXB-PCM combis (on the silver Triton plugin) are mixed up?

Single voices (progs) seem OK but if I use the combi browser, then EXB-PCM button, the first combi patch (EXB-PCM01:000 Ethereal Piano) has no piano in it. Seems to affect piano voices mostly (seem to be a lot missing in the EXB-H Concert Grand Piano combis)

Have tried installing on 2 different Win10 machines with same result. Something to do with piano program names having changed since they did the combis maybe??
It´s the same here on a Mac (Catalina). The combis on the Xtreme are fine. Prior to the update everything was working fine in the standard plug-in.

I just installed the latest updates (Triton 1.3.1). While the bug which made the triton (or your daw) crash when you click on the Studio/Classic/Digital button has disappeared, the combis on the triton are still mixed up here.

AND the stupid Korg Software Pass still doesn't know what is installed or even downloaded. It shows miniKORG, Triton, Triton_Extreme and MDE-X with a DOWNLOAD button even though they are all installed on my system. Clearly one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. :clap: :dog:

Return to “Instruments”