Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

lessera wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:50 am
Chipi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:51 amIt's not my fault that you don't have ears to appreciate it, they have remained in the Winco of the 70's :hihi: , the output sound from Studio One 5 is the best among all the other DAWs, compare the same mix from Reaper, Bitwig or Ableton, to give an example and you will see that Studio One sounds 10 times better, although you can't hear it or perceive it, I can and that's enough for me. :phones:
Comparisons have been done many times. Arguments based on perception add little value to any discussion.

:cry: Paint this discussion with the colors that you like, Studio One 5 has the best quality of outgoing audio on the market because the internal processing of the signal is the best in all DAWs, if you do not agree we are very sorry, get off that dominant ego you have and you can see many more things than you want to see in reality ... :ud: :dog:

Chipi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:50 pm ... because the internal processing of the signal is the best in all DAWs...
What do you mean by that??

Chipi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:50 pmget off that dominant ego you have and you can see many more things than you want to see in reality ... :ud: :dog:
Any 'ego' I might have is firmly positioned within reality.

Trancit wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:53 pm
Chipi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:50 pm ... because the internal processing of the signal is the best in all DAWs...
What do you mean by that??
only a person with a dominant ego would ask such a question.

Chipi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:50 pm
lessera wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:50 am
Chipi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:51 amIt's not my fault that you don't have ears to appreciate it, they have remained in the Winco of the 70's :hihi: , the output sound from Studio One 5 is the best among all the other DAWs, compare the same mix from Reaper, Bitwig or Ableton, to give an example and you will see that Studio One sounds 10 times better, although you can't hear it or perceive it, I can and that's enough for me. :phones:
Comparisons have been done many times. Arguments based on perception add little value to any discussion.

:cry: Paint this discussion with the colors that you like, Studio One 5 has the best quality of outgoing audio on the market because the internal processing of the signal is the best in all DAWs, if you do not agree we are very sorry, get off that dominant ego you have and you can see many more things than you want to see in reality ... :ud: :dog:
It seems we have a troll here. :lol:

and now it starts...this is gonna get locked/deleted if it keeps going to another piranhas vs bad claims of better sounds...

SO THIS PART OF THE DISSCUSSION ENDS HERE, NOT ANOTHER PEEP FROM ANYONE ON NULL TESTS, SOUNDING BETTER OR ANYTHING ALONG THOSE LINES...I AM MAKING IT VERY CLEAR AND IF YOU MISS MY WARNING DONT COME CRYING TO ME...IT ENDS HERE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I have to say note triggered effects in Infiltrator ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=565395 ) works superbly together with S1 (macros, patterns) uff :)

( so the MIDI note triggering "v1.0.12 Fixes some clicks in the looper and beat repeat. Improved tooltips. Missing bypass button in Protools is fixed. Better default settings for looper and delay. Fix to prevent the envelope from retriggering on any midi message; it now just triggers on note-on how you’d expect." finally works as it should )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Can anyone tell me when will be Studio One 6 released? Is it in the near future or do we still have a year to go?

Fornicras wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:23 amCan anyone tell me when will be Studio One 6 released? Is it in the near future or do we still have a year to go?
Seems like they're on a +/- 2-3 years cycle, so I wouldn't expect v6 sooner than Summer '22 (v5 came out in July '20) and they have a "tradition" of big .5 releases, so it's reasonable to expect that one in couple of months, too.

Get it now, if that's why you're asking ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Studio One is a great daw with fantastic features. However, one pet peeve of mine is that the sampler plugins like Impact XT and Sample One don't have resizeable waveform windows for accurate topping/tailing of samples.

antic604 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:33 am
Fornicras wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:23 amCan anyone tell me when will be Studio One 6 released? Is it in the near future or do we still have a year to go?
Seems like they're on a +/- 2-3 years cycle, so I wouldn't expect v6 sooner than Summer '22 (v5 came out in July '20) and they have a "tradition" of big .5 releases, so it's reasonable to expect that one in couple of months, too.

Get it now, if that's why you're asking ;)
I got Studio One 5 Professional a week ago from PluginBoutique's crossgrade offer for $190. Switched from FL Studio and oh my... What ease of audio editing and recording. I released 30+ full production songs (from start to finish) all made with FL Studio over the last 4-5 years. Spent hours on something in FL but in S1, it's just so easy and reasonable to make anything you think.

I asked because I'm curious what else they can add, this DAW has things I've never seen before it makes me excited for the future.

One thing I couldn't get though, maybe you could give me an answer:

In FL Studio when I set up a reverb bus and send 50% of the dry signal to that bus, I get a good lush reverb sound with VintageVerb.

When I use the same settings for VintageVerb and set a reverb bus and send 50% of the dry signal to there, it feels too much, too washed out, not good sounding at all. I have to take it down to something like 35% and it sounds OK, but then it's too little reverb to my liking.

I don't know what might be the reason or if I'm doing something wrong.

I will try to do an A/B test today with both of the DAWs and see if they really sound different or it's just a placebo effect.

Fornicras wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 am One thing I couldn't get though, maybe you could give me an answer:

In FL Studio when I set up a reverb bus and send 50% of the dry signal to that bus, I get a good lush reverb sound with VintageVerb.

When I use the same settings for VintageVerb and set a reverb bus and send 50% of the dry signal to there, it feels too much, too washed out, not good sounding at all. I have to take it down to something like 35% and it sounds OK, but then it's too little reverb to my liking.
Hmm. First of all, S1's sends are set in dB (from -inf dB to +10dB) rather than %, so perhaps that's why you're getting different results? Also, maybe the reverb isn't set to 100% wet?

BTW, while you're exploring S1, go check Gregor's videos on their YT. Here's just two:

https://youtu.be/AziioHl7-nA

https://youtu.be/NV6XOshhSrM
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Fornicras wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:23 am Can anyone tell me when will be Studio One 6 released? Is it in the near future or do we still have a year to go?
Recently, they had a strict 2 year cycle, and, I doubt they'd move away from that. It's more or less like a subscription, if you happen to always have to own the latest version.

antic604 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:03 am
Fornicras wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 am One thing I couldn't get though, maybe you could give me an answer:

Hmm. First of all, S1's sends are set in dB (from -inf dB to +10dB) rather than %, so perhaps that's why you're getting different results? Also, maybe the reverb isn't set to 100% wet?

BTW, while you're exploring S1, go check Gregor's videos on their YT. Here's just two:
Yes, I noticed that too, but just trying to figure out what 50% on FL corresponds in S1, because I tried every dB level, it doesn't sound the same to my ears. It's either always too much or too little, can't find the sweet spot for the vocals. I make R&B music with very large and long reverbs (4 seconds to 7 seconds). Reverb is set to full wet.

Also, thanks for the tip! But I already watched most of the videos of Gregor and Joe including the ones you've linked, even before buying the S1. Now I watch them again, they are great. I already feel pretty comfortable using the software. Custom key commands, takes, layers, pattern mode, note repeat... they are all great. I wish I switched to Studio One earlier, before spending tons of money on FL All Plugins Bundle.

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:15 am
Fornicras wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:23 am Can anyone tell me when will be Studio One 6 released? Is it in the near future or do we still have a year to go?

Recently, they had a strict 2 year cycle, and, I doubt they'd move away from that. It's more or less like a subscription, if you happen to always have to own the latest version.

So, we still have a year and a half for 6? I couldn't find any info, how much does the upgrade cost from a major version to another major version?

Hope 5.5 comes before the end of the summer, though. 
Last edited by Fornicras on Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”