Strange DAWs

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioMulch Bidule Buzz Giada Radium SunVox Temper Tunafish Usine Hollyhock

Another strange & unnamed DAW.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:18 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:42 pm Image

Max msp
Yes, Gleetchlab was made with MaxMSP, but it runs standalone. According to the developer it's "a modular performance DAW dedicated to glitch and experiemental music".
https://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/softwares/
https://cdm.link/2021/03/gleetchlab-exp ... y-as-ever/

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 am
digitallysane wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:10 pm
BertKoor wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm Image

What's the name of this thing?
First one is DarkWave Studio i believe
https://darkwave-studio.en.uptodown.com/windows
Noppes , it's jeskola Buzz with an alternative gui
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:24 am
I nearly soiled my undergarments when I saw that. :P

I've been working on that in secret, have not told anybody or made any announcement yet. I have 2 guesses for how you found it, but nicely done either way :hihi:
This conversation never happened, these events never happened, and as far as you're concerned, $UNANNOUNCED_DAW does not exist.

stargate wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:40 amI nearly soiled my undergarments when I saw that. :P

I've been working on that in secret, have not told anybody or made any announcement yet. I have 2 guesses for how you found it, but nicely done either way :hihi:
Don't mean to sound rude (but I am, so that's how it comes out...) so if that's the GUI you're going with then stop it right now and do something else...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:48 am
stargate wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:40 amI nearly soiled my undergarments when I saw that. :P

Don't mean to sound rude (but I am, so that's how it comes out...) so if that's the GUI you're going with then stop it right now and do something else...
You should just stop posting right now and do something else.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:25 am
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 am
digitallysane wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:10 pm
BertKoor wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm Image

What's the name of this thing?
First one is DarkWave Studio i believe
https://darkwave-studio.en.uptodown.com/windows
Noppes , it's jeskola Buzz with an alternative gui
my bad :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

digitallysane wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:31 amYou should just stop posting right now and do something else.
I took your advice - had a meeting, a lunch and I'm back now. Thanks! :tu:
Music tech enthusiast

Michael L wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:10 am Another strange & unnamed DAW.png
Is this one a secret too?

Reminds- and some of the other ones do too - of an old maybe even 90s DAW that was a canvas on which one positioned music and visual objects of any sort in a similar way to how Reaper's free item positioning works - although I think this DAW was a bit more flexible again. It will also be a secret as I cant remember the name.

Adding our DAW (as in it does Audio as well) to this list since it's definitely unique and quirky.

AMCS - the Advanced Music Construction System
AMCS-filer.jpg
Filer
AMCS-configuration.jpg
Configuration
AMCS-instrument_configuration.jpg
Instrument Configuration
AMCS-instrument_editor.jpg
Instrument Editor
AMCS-track_editor.jpg
Track Editor
AMCS-mixer.jpg
Mixer
AMCS-sequencer.jpg
Sequencer
The system doesn't require a host OS (like Windows, Linux, etc.) as it is a standalone Operating System and doesn't need a supercomputer laptop or desktop as it's basically ARM based baremetal firmware.

The free demo is able to be tried out on the Wondermedia Netbooks, Raspberry Pi and Acorn Archimedes computers. A full setup can be bought from our website which includes dedicated hardware with AMCS pre-installed and all the bits (bar display) to get making music.

More info on reddit.com/r/amcs or the official website amcs.3rdevent.net
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antic604 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:48 am Don't mean to sound rude (but I am, so that's how it comes out...) so if that's the GUI you're going with then stop it right now and do something else...
There is constructive feedback, and then there is internet trolling.

I'm guessing this is literally just that you don't like the color theme, maybe just even some small aspects of it, because there is no way you could have inferred a workflow or something else meaningful from seeing one screenshot. You dislike something that anybody could change in liess than a minute by editing the theme. But you consider yourself some kind of expert and think people should actually take you seriously. :roll:

But tell us what you use to make music, and share some of the amazing music that could only be made using UIs that are up to your personal standards. Or if (more likely) you only buy software to look at, let's feast our eyes on screenshots of your setup that has never produced an actual song.

stargate wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:06 pmI'm guessing this is literally just that you don't like the color theme, maybe just even some small aspects of it, because there is no way you could have inferred a workflow or something else meaningful from seeing one screenshot. You dislike something that anybody could change in liess than a minute by editing the theme. But you consider yourself some kind of expert and think people should actually take you seriously. :roll:
I never said anything about workflow, but judging from your taste in graphical design I don't have much hope either...

stargate wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:06 pmBut tell us what you use to make music, and share some of the amazing music that could only be made using UIs that are up to your personal standards. Or if (more likely) you only buy software to look at, let's feast our eyes on screenshots of your setup that has never produced an actual song.
It's all in mysignature, if you're really curious. Although I've no idea what my music has anything to do with my ability to criticise your taste for graphic design :dog:

Anyway, good luck with your project! Genuinely! If it keeps looking like that I probably won't even try it, because for me the whole package counts, but considering that people use Reaper, or Acid, or Mixcraft there's place for anything :tu:
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:28 pm I never said anything about workflow, but judging from your taste in graphical design I don't have much hope either...
Once again: UNANNOUNCED. Why is it unannounced? Because it is not finished yet. Trust me, I don't need sad little trolls in my user community, so don't worry about how this develops later, even if by the time it is announced it has a color theme that is more to your liking. I would ask you exactly how you think it should change, but I know you cannot actually tell me that because you do not know anything past "that other 10-25 year old DAW with dozens or hundreds of developers looks better", which frankly, you're probably not wrong about that, I'm not disagreeing with you. Tinder has ruined your brain, you went straight to "This one not as pretty, me swipe left and smugly share useless opinion in the most obnoxious way possible".

Which leads to a more interesting question: Why was I lurking on KVR to even see this thread in the first place? Because I was planning to solicit help from graphic designer types who might be interested in contributing to the default theme (or contributing extra themes).

Thus far, I spent 100x as much time developing a robust theming engine that would easily allow extreme customization than I did developing the current default theme, because I know full well that there are millions of graphic designers with fancy degrees and years of experience in this kind of thing who could handle those aspects better than I could. In fact, the DAW you do you like almost certainly employs designers and software engineers who are not the same person, so I'm following the same blueprint for success. I uploaded those screenshots about a week ago in preparation for the fact that I would have to show random designers on the internet something to persuade them to join the project.

But if this kind of childish nonsense is what I can expect, I think I will look elsewhere for graphic designers.

I wasn't expecting this thread to go like this in the past few posts because it's primarily a gallery thread where people share screenshots of old / new DAWs / semi DAW/Midi related software GUI systems they might not know about for creating music.

If the developer of the software that's been posted enters or puts his hands up that they developed it (or working on a development of a new project such as a new DAW ) then that's great. It may bring other programmers and artists together to help work on something new and innovative in the future.

It's not a thread about judging, it's a thread about showing what is currently out there or has been developed over the past 40 years which is unusual or relatively unknown among the bigger known names in the creative software development field.

Furthermore, it inspires ideas and exploration about ways in which to use any software that interests you and for you to look for ways to use it, on whatever computer / device or operating system it requires.

It's great to see so many diverse and unusual developments with ideas that could well be adapted into more mainstream DAWs we use regularly ourselves.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”