Give me a good reason... [GlissEQ]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, Voxengo was really ahead of its time.
GUI looked like that in 2005 and it’s still competitive and looks great.

What other EQs have the feature to see other tracks in the analyzer? FF ProQ3 does. What else?

plexuss wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:53 pm What other EQs have the feature to see other tracks in the analyzer? FF ProQ3 does. What else?
DDMF IIEQ Pro goes way further and gives you control over all used instances from a single window including of course the different spectrums!

IIEQ isn't dynamic though. And Pro-Q 3 doesn't have oversampling, or let you set attack and release times. And neither of those have true 64-bit double-precision internal audio processing like Voxengo does. I am biased though :)

PS. I didn't realise the Anwida graphic EQ was so old!

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:06 pm IIEQ isn't dynamic though. ...
plexuss asked for an EQ which can show the analyzer of multiple instances... :D

Trancit wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:44 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:06 pm IIEQ isn't dynamic though. ...
plexuss asked for an EQ which can show the analyzer of multiple instances... :D
True, sorry :)

plexuss wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:53 pm What other EQs have the feature to see other tracks in the analyzer? FF ProQ3 does. What else?
Toneboosters' EQ4 can see the spectrum of any sidechained track.

If you're looking for encouragement about buying GlissEQ and in case it helps: when it's Voxengo I don't hesitate for a second. I'd go beyond: get the premium membership and sell 90% of all other plugins you already have. I trust very few developers the way I trust Aleksey.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I am a fan of GlissEQ also. I have used it for a lot of things over the years.

Ploki wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:39 pm Wow, Voxengo was really ahead of its time.
GUI looked like that in 2005 and it’s still competitive and looks great.
The screenshot in this thread is not from 2005. The post just links to our website which serves only the latest screenshots.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:28 am
The screenshot in this thread is not from 2005. The post just links to our website which serves only the latest screenshots.
:hihi: Fair enough.
Still - as far as i recall (i first used Voxengo in 2006 maybe?) it was similar to that - except in beige only?
Then later 4 color schemes added?

Ploki wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:57 am
Still - as far as i recall (i first used Voxengo in 2006 maybe?) it was similar to that - except in beige only?
It wasn't too different overall as it's an EQ. Functionality was also similar. I would even say, if it could be ported to 64-bit and Mac, it would still sell a bit. :)

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:04 am
It wasn't too different overall as it's an EQ. Functionality was also similar. I would even say, if it could be ported to 64-bit and Mac, it would still sell a bit. :)
What do you mean by that. You ported it to 64-bit and Mac. What you did not port even to its V3 is the really cool feature set of CurveEQ V2. I guess, it would sell a bit more if you re-added these features ;-) (The reintroduction of the Lampthruster algos to HarmoniEQ is well appreciated here and I think CurveEQ deserves the same)

AKJ wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:18 pm
Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:04 am
What do you mean by that. You ported it to 64-bit and Mac. What you did not port even to its V3 is the really cool feature set of CurveEQ V2. I guess, it would sell a bit more if you re-added these features ;-) (The reintroduction of the Lampthruster algos to HarmoniEQ is well appreciated here and I think CurveEQ deserves the same)
I mean, the user interface is different now in GlissEQ, not exact copy of version 2.

I personally would not like to add "saturation" options to CurveEQ now, as it's advertised as a "mastering" transparent EQ.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:14 pm I personally would not like to add "saturation" options to CurveEQ now, as it's advertised as a "mastering" transparent EQ.
Well, to me CurveEQ in its current state is almost useless (for matching I use the Melda product which has imo a much better workflow). CurveEQ V2, however, is still one of my preferred EQs (the downside being its only 32 bit) with a unique sound when using the vintage processor, saturator and gear match. If one wants it to sound transparent, it is very easy to not activate these. So I do not see any harm in having those as options even if the product is marketed as transparent mastering tool. If you do not reintegrate them in CurveEQ why not make a CurveEQ+ or offer the functionality in a separate plugin. The integration inside an EQ is however preferable as you can then have the visual representation of what's going on in the curve display (as it is implemented in V2). I hope you consider this. Cheers, AKJ

Return to “Effects”