Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Is it just me, or is the Global option to turn off Arp on combi/on prog really not working at all (in both Tritons)?

No joy here, either

same here.

The Sarge! wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:58 am got an answer from KORG-Support:
they apologize and investigate the cause of the problem and will fix it in an update

ok, let´s all wait and see :pray:
That's good news - 4 of my VSTs (miniKorg,Triton,Triton Extreme, MDE-X) claim to need downloading in Software Pass even though they're downloaded and installed (and more importantly work!). Not a major thing, but will be good to see if fixed at some point so I can tell if something actually does have an update

I suppose as long as it still works, I'm good. I'll keep an eye out here to see if there have been any updates.

Korg should seriously consider incorporating a beta testing phase into their software development cycles.

ZincT wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 pm I'm liking Prophecy but there's one thing that's bugging me. If I select a specific bank and click the buttons to step through each patch it steps through every patch of all banks. Is there any way to make it step through only what's selected?
I think you may be correct regarding the Banks selection. For example, I have saved 3 presets in bank "User", and after I step through them it continues on to all other presets.

However, if I choose a Category, it only steps through presets in that category.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:25 pm
The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:51 am but still have a problem with EXB-Card "Future Loop Construction" :
I played all notes from C-1 to C9 but on no key is a loops, only drumsounds :o tried it on several patches
I can confirm this. I sent a support request to KORG today.
I received a reply from KORG today on this subject:

There is nothing wrong with the Triton VST software.

EXB-PCM03 Future Loop Construction is recorded as simple multi-samples.

The loops are played on the original Triton as RPPR patterns. The RPPR function is not included in the Triton Plug-in, although you can use RPPR to play the phrase by using the original TRITON.

We will look at how to address this in the future.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:01 am
Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:25 pm
The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:51 am but still have a problem with EXB-Card "Future Loop Construction" :
I played all notes from C-1 to C9 but on no key is a loops, only drumsounds :o tried it on several patches
I can confirm this. I sent a support request to KORG today.
I received a reply from KORG today on this subject:

There is nothing wrong with the Triton VST software.

EXB-PCM03 Future Loop Construction is recorded as simple multi-samples.

The loops are played on the original Triton as RPPR patterns. The RPPR function is not included in the Triton Plug-in, although you can use RPPR to play the phrase by using the original TRITON.

We will look at how to address this in the future.
Uhh...if the loops were played as RPPR patterns in the original hardware, and if Korg didn't include those patterns (and whatever else it would take to play them) in the VST, then by definition, there IS something wrong with the Triton VST software.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:
Uhh...if the loops were played as RPPR patterns in the original hardware, and if Korg didn't include those patterns (and whatever else it would take to play them) in the VST, then by definition, there IS something wrong with the Triton VST software.
Yep, I guess that kinda makes the inclusion of the Future Loop Construction EXB Card a bit pointless, doesn’t it?
On a number of Macs

"There is nothing wrong with the Triton VST software."

LOL, gaslighting and delusion.
<List your stupid gear here>

"There is something wrong with the Triton VST software designers."

fixed that.

What they meant by “nothing wrong with the software” (if you’ll allow me to interpret English-as-written-by-Japanese-people, which I am very familiar with) is there is nothing malfunctioning in the plugin, not that (as most native English speakers would read that sentence) “the plugin is perfectly fine without that feature”.

If they meant the latter, they wouldn’t have ended with “We will look at how to address this in the future.” But even without that, I can tell you with certainty that no Japanese person (who wants to keep their job) would ever shrug off a valid customer concern and claim they’ve already done their job, because they would get raked over the coals for it. Doesn’t mean they’ll add that feature (that’s not their decision to make), but they are definitely not telling you the software is fine without it.
Stormchild

yes, but the the inclusion of the Future Loop Construction EXB Card in the VSTi when it isn't even supported and a statement that it is being investigated as to whether it can be addressed in the future is certainly indicative of bad design.

JamminFool wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:57 pm yes, but the the inclusion of the Future Loop Construction EXB Card in the VSTi when it isn't even supported and a statement that it is being investigated as to whether it can be addressed in the future is certainly indicative of bad design.
True…and unfortunately, not the only aspect of the collection that’s poorly designed. Patch management is different in every plugin, and ranges from clunky at best to downright atrocious (MS-20). Wavestation has the worst plugin UI I’ve ever seen. The plugin manager is half-assed and barely works. Even the websites (the current Shop, older legacy shop, and separate Korg ID site) are a jumbled mess, look like they were built in the 90s, and don’t work together.

The plugins do sound really good and are at least (usually) stable, but the team is not particularly coordinated, and in some cases borders on incompetence. I’m only saying I don’t think they were trying to be flippant with their response. I’m sure they know about all these shortcomings, and suspect the team and projects are just not very well managed.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:11 pm
JamminFool wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:57 pm yes, but the the inclusion of the Future Loop Construction EXB Card in the VSTi when it isn't even supported and a statement that it is being investigated as to whether it can be addressed in the future is certainly indicative of bad design.
True…and unfortunately, not the only aspect of the collection that’s poorly designed. Patch management is different in every plugin, and ranges from clunky at best to downright atrocious (MS-20). Wavestation has the worst plugin UI I’ve ever seen. The plugin manager is half-assed and barely works. Even the websites (the current Shop, older legacy shop, and separate Korg ID site) are a jumbled mess, look like they were built in the 90s, and don’t work together.

The plugins do sound really good and are at least (usually) stable, but the team is not particularly coordinated, and in some cases borders on incompetence. I’m only saying I don’t think they were trying to be flippant with their response. I’m sure they know about all these shortcomings, and suspect the team and projects are just not very well managed.
I am guessing that you work for Yamaha or Roland, right? :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”