A gorgeous new granular delay by Audio Damage -

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GaryG wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:22 pm They stopped license transfers didn't they? I'm just fickle and wary of buying stuff I can't trade later on down the line (blame a history of buying guitar pedals... :))
yep you are right, Audio Damage don't allow licence transfers anymore.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:34 pm
GaryG wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:22 pm They stopped license transfers didn't they? I'm just fickle and wary of buying stuff I can't trade later on down the line (blame a history of buying guitar pedals... :))
yep you are right, Audio Damage don't allow licence transfers anymore.
I will add them to my #NoNFR list. bastards! I emailed them letting them know I am against NFR and no longer buy their products. Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea they did this bait and switch.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:28 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:05 pm AD promised me a free copy of their "next release" as compensation after some issues with my AD account. i just messaged Simon at support to remind him ...
I received an email from Chris Randall today. He informed me that he "had to let Simon go", and provided me with a free serial for Other Desert Cities. :hyper:

Nice one Audio Damage ...
That's nice. I wonder why a serial? I thought AD products have no copy protection.
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:18 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:28 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:05 pm AD promised me a free copy of their "next release" as compensation after some issues with my AD account. i just messaged Simon at support to remind him ...
I received an email from Chris Randall today. He informed me that he "had to let Simon go", and provided me with a free serial for Other Desert Cities. :hyper:

Nice one Audio Damage ...
That's nice. I wonder why a serial? I thought AD products have no copy protection.
Sorry. The code was to get ODC free at checkout, not a serial number (which I thought it was when I posted).

plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:52 pm I had no idea they did this bait and switch.
I don't know what you mean by "bait and switch" in this context. AD stuff has been NFR for many years, and it states that they are NFR on their website.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:25 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:52 pm I had no idea they did this bait and switch.
I don't know what you mean by "bait and switch" in this context. AD stuff has been NFR for many years, and it states that they are NFR on their website.
As an existing customer, I was not informed of this switch. Bait me with license transfers... and... switch to NFR. Also, it hasn't been years of AD NFR because I have seen license transfers within the last couple of years at least and I may have had one after a 2nd hand purchase in the marketplace. That is the rationale for calling it a bait and switch. Bad for customers. Bad for business.

T-CM11 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Autobot wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 pm I got an answer within ten minutes. support still works for me.
I'm still waiting on a support reply since March.
Update: I re-sent my email and just got a reply. Who knows what happened in March...
I feel better about potential AD purchases in the future.

T-CM11 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:53 pm
T-CM11 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:32 pm
Autobot wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 pm I got an answer within ten minutes. support still works for me.
I'm still waiting on a support reply since March.
Update: I re-sent my email and just got a reply. Who knows what happened in March...
I feel better about potential AD purchases in the future.

Earlier this year AD hired someone to deal with support. Chris told me they had to let him go ... presumably he wasn't going a good job. I emailed them yesterday and got a reply within a couple of hours.

plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:39 pm
As an existing customer, I was not informed of this switch. Bait me with license transfers... and... switch to NFR. Also, it hasn't been years of AD NFR because I have seen license transfers within the last couple of years at least and I may have had one after a 2nd hand purchase in the marketplace. That is the rationale for calling it a bait and switch. Bad for customers. Bad for business.
ADd NFR policy is at least 4 years old (perhaps more). There was a stink about it at the time. It happened when they moved to a new web address. I have seen a few unregistered AD codes for sale here, but no transfers.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:39 pm
ADd NFR policy is at least 4 years old (perhaps more). There was a stink about it at the time. It happened when they moved to a new web address. I have seen a few unregistered AD codes for sale here, but no transfers.
That's not true. I did a number of license transfers (as a buyer) after they shut down the old site and opened the new site. But since they didn't inform me when they went NFR I can't say. bait. and. switch.

You are wrong. Here's a post from the Bargains thread from July 2017.
c_voltage wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:29 pm Hmm, just now found out that Audio Damage do not allow transfer license at all anymore, someone heard anything about it ? (perhaps i passed it)
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... 3&start=45

and a thread mentioning the recent NFR change at Audio Damage ...from 2014
soulone82 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:54 pm It´s true. I´ve received a message from Chris the other day stating that they no longer allow license transfers.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=489038&p=6853467&hi ... R#p6853467

Ya, I'm not wrong. I said that they still allowed transfers after switching websites which they did. Then in 2017 they went NFR and apparently didn't notify customers. Bait and switch. Now go away and try and find plugins with cramping or aliasing or whatever you need to amuse yourself. :tu:

plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:32 pm Ya, I'm not wrong. I said that they still allowed transfers after switching websites which they did. Then in 2017 they went NFR and apparently didn't notify customers. Bait and switch. Now go away and try and find plugins with cramping or aliasing or whatever you need to amuse yourself. :tu:
No need to be rude. :tu: You didn't read the thread from 2014 did you? License transfers were already unavailable then.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:40 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:32 pm Ya, I'm not wrong. I said that they still allowed transfers after switching websites which they did. Then in 2017 they went NFR and apparently didn't notify customers. Bait and switch. Now go away and try and find plugins with cramping or aliasing or whatever you need to amuse yourself. :tu:
No need to be rude. :tu: You didn't read the thread from 2014 did you? License transfers were already unavailable then.

Incorrect. As I said I did a number of license transfers with AD way past 2014 and I have emails to prove it.

My point was not about when but rather that AD Bait-and-switched their customers on license transfers which is anti-customer behaviour.

This is the last time I will address this and repeat myself. Repeating myself doesn't appear to be working to break through whatever is ailing you. Good luck. Enjoy your NFR products.

I certainly will. Nothing is "ailing" me and you repeating yourself when you are wrong doesn't make you right. People on this forum have been complaining about AD changing their license transfer policy since 2014 (much longer than I had thought). YMMV :tu:

edited to add smiley
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”