Toneboosters Flowtones Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Sound Waves

djeroen wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:19 pm Thanks all - a significant update will be released soon with additional vintage VCO synthesis algorithms, easier import/export and categorization of patch libraries, ASIO support on Windows, more presets, new polyphony modes, new modulation options, faster and snappier envelopes, a dedicated UI design for large screen workflows, and several additional improvements!
When is soon? :)

And a new name please :hihi: Flowtones reads like Flowstone in the synth world 8)

Vortifex wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:33 pm Gave it another shot but I just can't gel with that workflow at all.
Just by checking the UI, I wouldn't want to click on the tabs on the left just to switch between the two oscs. I wonder if they can get them both on the one display at some point?

From Facebook:

"Work in progress: a dedicated desktop UI design for TB Flowtones! Look carefully and you may spot the various brand new *vintage* synth engines that are being added as well!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:22 pm From Facebook:

"Work in progress: a dedicated desktop UI design for TB Flowtones! Look carefully and you may spot the various brand new *vintage* synth engines that are being added as well!"
This is great news! I bought it without demoing and it’s current, fiddly, multi page GUI is awful, one of the worst I’ve experienced…

Nice, I would have another look at this now.

I've looked. Why still sideways text?? Put the tabs along the top, not down the side.

simmo75 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:21 pm This is great news! I bought it without demoing and it’s current, fiddly, multi page GUI is awful, one of the worst I’ve experienced…
That seems a bit excessive. It's really one of the worst GUIs you've experienced? I mean, there are a lot of really, really bad interfaces out there. This might not be your cup of tea, but it's not terrible.

dangayle wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:17 am
simmo75 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:21 pm This is great news! I bought it without demoing and it’s current, fiddly, multi page GUI is awful, one of the worst I’ve experienced…
That seems a bit excessive. It's really one of the worst GUIs you've experienced? I mean, there are a lot of really, really bad interfaces out there. This might not be your cup of tea, but it's not terrible.
I think it’s bad mate, your opinion is yours, but for a new synth the GUI is badly thought out and horrible to work with, for me.

The current GUI is absolutely fugly, really one of the most unsightly ones. The new one looks okay though, much better.

How is the CPU hit BTW?

Examigan wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:45 am
Vortifex wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:33 pm Gave it another shot but I just can't gel with that workflow at all.
Just by checking the UI, I wouldn't want to click on the tabs on the left just to switch between the two oscs. I wonder if they can get them both on the one display at some point?
Dune 3 style.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:21 am That new UI is definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction. Sitting in my backseat design chair I'd follow Biome Digital's idea and put a single LFO & ENV tab, FX, EQ and Sequencer tabs in a horizontal row along the middle similar to how Serum or Massive X does it. The LFO & ENV tab would display all 4 LFOs in a row with the 3 envelopes underneath them along the bottom. And personally I'd prefer that the two visible VCOs were from the same part and a single tab switched between parts.
Thanks for adding all the helpful info I left out! :lol:

Agree, this all needs to be the right way up (not sideways :)

New "synth engines". Al I can see is some variation flavors of the plain old subtractive synth engine. Vintage will probably mean slightly distorted waveforms, or am I missing something :shrug:
Last edited by fmr on Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Dark Lights wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:40 am
Examigan wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:45 am
Dune 3 style.
Dune 3 - one of the best sounding with one the worst guis synth. Hopefully Jeroen will learn something from that.

Return to “Instruments”