Hydrasynth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't see any point in "desktop" synths - may as well use a VSTi and be done with it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

@Bones - you don’t see the point of desktop synth but the UNO Pro Desktop?

I like to be able to use instruments without having to use a computer at all. I find making music without a computer more enjoyable.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 amI find making music without a computer more enjoyable.
KVR is the only place in the world where you would even need to say that.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

kcearl wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:51 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:43 am To me the Explorer looks like it has everything the desktop version has, but obviously adds portable playability. I was wrong about the price, the US dollar RRP is $799 which is about the same as the desktop.
No cv in either?

So less knobs/screens, no cv in, plastic build, mini keys, battery power

Looks a good addition as a second tier module in a live setup or sofa jams, but I think the desktops a better studio tool if we’re at the same price point imo
I’d only seen the rear of the unit in a video and could see cv ports, but you’re right it looks like the Explorer only has cv outputs. On the other hand it does have a power socket so don’t see why having a battery power option is a negative if it means you can take it out and about. The build quality is probably fine like most things if you don’t plan to use it aggressively.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Michael L wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:56 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 amI find making music without a computer more enjoyable.
KVR is the only place in the world where you would even need to say that.
Ignorance is bliss. :lol:
<List your stupid gear here>

BONES wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:13 am I don't see any point in "desktop" synths - may as well use a VSTi and be done with it.
Yet you own a uno desktop and a rocket!!!!!
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

As of yesterday you can see detailed photos of the Hydrasynth Explorer on the product page at Sweetwater. Current sale price listed as $599.

Sequent wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:00 pm As of yesterday you can see detailed photos of the Hydrasynth Explorer on the product page at Sweetwater. Current sale price listed as $599.
Yeah I’d seen two different price levels so good to see real world examples.
PMT Online in UK has it for £519 and they’re not generally cheapest so imagine it’ll be sub-£500 somewhere.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:09 am
kcearl wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:51 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:43 am To me the Explorer looks like it has everything the desktop version has, but obviously adds portable playability. I was wrong about the price, the US dollar RRP is $799 which is about the same as the desktop.
No cv in either?

So less knobs/screens, no cv in, plastic build, mini keys, battery power

Looks a good addition as a second tier module in a live setup or sofa jams, but I think the desktops a better studio tool if we’re at the same price point imo
I’d only seen the rear of the unit in a video and could see cv ports, but you’re right it looks like the Explorer only has cv outputs. On the other hand it does have a power socket so don’t see why having a battery power option is a negative if it means you can take it out and about. The build quality is probably fine like most things if you don’t plan to use it aggressively.
I didnt mean them as negatives, just differences :tu:

Sequent wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:00 pm As of yesterday you can see detailed photos of the Hydrasynth Explorer on the product page at Sweetwater. Current sale price listed as $599.
Thats what I thought initially….$200 difference is a chunk of change.

Id consider adding the explorer if it had speakers (sofa noodling demands speakers :D )….now just got to figure out if Id use the deluxe over the desktop

I am probably going to get the deluxe and sell my 49 key version and as it’d also make my 88 key MIDI controller redundant sell that too. But, the little Explorer does intrigue me.
Looks like a fair wait though. Deluxes don’t look like being in stock until December.

The two areas I think ASM need to address now are a way of uploading user wavetables and, maybe to go with that, companion software that is worthy of the machines, like Modal or even Korg with their latest software for Wavestate and Modwave have done.
On the wishlist would be some kind of user programmable voice/effects like the Prologue offers and one or two actual analog oscillators and/or filter options would be icing on the cake.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:09 pm I am probably going to get the deluxe and sell my 49 key version and as it’d also make my 88 key MIDI controller redundant sell that too. But, the little Explorer does intrigue me.
The two areas I think ASM need to address now are a way of uploading user wavetables and, maybe to go with that, companion software that is worthy of the machines, like Modal or even Korg with their latest software for Wavestate and Modwave have done.
The Modal software is excellent…I use it with an Argon 8 and its worked perfectly. Id definitely like something similar with the HS.

My only issue is I bought the desktop to rack, and whereas the pads are excellent I just think polys need keys, it gets far less use than anything else I have, in fact other than a JV1080 its my only non key poly. My only buyers remorse.

Now its either buy a “soon to come” cheap used 49 or go the full hog….reminds me of a JX10, great idea just smash two synths together…and add a shelf :hihi:

Does anyone know what kind of keybed the Deluxe has?

Azhanti wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:05 pm Does anyone know what kind of keybed the Deluxe has?
Poly aftertouch semi-weighted, exactly like the 49 key version supposedly

Are you safe?

Poly aftertouch and semi weighted keys on the smaller Explorer version as well, btw. It seems that the main thing it's missing is the ribbon controller.

I would love to have the deluxe version for sure! Also because of the extended polyphony and ability to layer patches. But heck, I would be happy with the regular version. I would be quite happy with the Explorer!

I imagine all of these are going to be difficult to come by for a while?
Last edited by Sequent on Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”