Saturation Tools for 2021

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PleaseAdvise wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:37 am Don't wanna add a new thread for this question so might as well ask here : anyone knows of saturation plugins with either mid low high controls, spècific frequences saturation, or multiband? So far I've only found the free SGA plugins (Code red and 1566), Audio assault's Freakq, and GMH Wavedestroyer. (also Squashman for Reaper users)
from the top of my head:
ToneProjects Kelvin, Softube Overstayer M-A-S and Goodhertz Tupe have emphasis EQs.

Multiband is Saturn, iZotope Trash2, Klevgrand SquashIt.

There's also Voxengo HarmoniEQ which is more EQ than saturation, and is similar to spectre in a way.

Hi all. This is brand new company and new plugin https://www.pulsarmodular.com/product/p ... -line-amp/
It looks like a very good plugin, but expensive
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

^^^ Ha, another ‘Motown legend’ then!

I’m demoing (and loving) Black Rooser Audio’s audio ‘OmniTec’ which emulates a different one
(It’s intro price is 1/4th though!)

My favorite for saturation/distortion is NI Dirt. It just sounds right (and doesn't cost a fortune).

asstudioton wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:47 am Hi all. This is brand new company and new plugin https://www.pulsarmodular.com/product/p ... -line-amp/
@211€ you’d think they could hire a f**king designer

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 am
asstudioton wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:47 am Hi all. This is brand new company and new plugin https://www.pulsarmodular.com/product/p ... -line-amp/
@211€ you’d think they could hire a f**king designer
:hihi: just want to give this developer a chance :ud:
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

StandardClip is my go-to these days for hard/soft clipping. Super intuitive interface and doesn’t try to be a jack of all trades.

Recently, I’ve been loving NEOLD Big Al. Especially on the vocals I’m getting some amazing air and clarity that I haven’t heard from my other saturation plugins yet.
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

its not just saturation, but you can try VCVS from EndearvorFX . thats most used plugin in our projects. all their plugins are at a high level even though the price is low

SlickEQ GE
GSat+
Head Crusher v2
Trash 2
RX950
Molotok

When it comes to waveshaping I use to 70% apulsoft apShaper and Live's Saturator. I'm careful with saturation and do not like effects much which are saturating/waveshaping (so called analog modeling ;) ) without much control. I like to set this by myself hence apShaper and Live's Saturator

But with the aforementioned in mind I like the implementation and sound of the saturation algorithms of the TDR plugins like SlickEQ GE or Molot GE. Because you can decide how and where sat is applied or not. The sat can even be introduced dynamically – I like that

For "tape" saturation I use Satin, ChowTape, SketchCassette II

I'm not a guitarist but here and there I use Kuassa EfektorDS, EfektorOD, EfektorFZ. But still for this kind of distortion I tend to use Cytomic The Scream mostly. And the The Drop is also in use when I want to get kinda dirty and heavy.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

adl wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:52 am Should be free, I guess? Cause Saturn would be your choice of not, also Ozone is Multiband saturation and Spectre.
Not necessarily free (even if I favor more affordable), any suggestion welcome, so thanks, I'll look into those.
Last edited by PleaseAdvise on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PA Vertigo VSM-3 is probably exactly what you're looking for. Probably like every month you can get it for like 30$. They do daily sales, subscribe to the newsletter.

I absolutely love it, M/S, 4 band and 2 types of saturation. Everything set to taste. What else would you need.

asstudioton wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:39 am
:hihi: just want to give this developer a chance :ud:
aajj braća :hug:

Thanks for the suggestions. Kelvin might be my fav.
I also tested some other ones meanwhile.
Namely SGA Phoenix (Everyone seems to love SGA's free 1566, but nobody really talks about their products outside of this one, Phoenix is basically SGA with more 5 types of transistors/tubes choice, and a mid knob added to the bass and treble ones of SGA 1566), Caelum Beef, LVC PreAMPed (this one is great, too bad it's not resizable and doesn't have low pass at leat, but other than that I really like it. Lots of preamps to chose from and 4 frequency knobs. Wish it got updates since 2015).

PleaseAdvise wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 am LVC PreAMPed (this one is great, too bad it's not resizable and doesn't have low pass at leat, but other than that I really like it. Lots of preamps to chose from and 4 frequency knobs. Wish it got updates since 2015).
From a post by the LVC developer:

"The general "LVC-Audio" plan at this point is to continue to simplify my plugin line. I will be trying to collapse the modules of T-Chain and the remaining legacy plugins into newer versions. For example, I will be redoing PreAMPed to include all of the functionality of the original PreAMPed and the T-Chain preamp modules."

So looks like there will be an update in the future

Return to “Effects”