No thread for MusicDevelopments Syne?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syne

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:56 am Thanks for your thoughts, WasteLand!
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm can you move modules?, it seems it can't. or i don't see it.
You can move modules only by disconnecting and reconnecting them. I added this to my to-do list, to move them more conveniently.
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm and will there be at any point in time be FM?
Yes, that is planned for some time. Just like PWM, FM can be nicely implemented in additive synthesis.
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm the manual is a bit spartan... but i find my way...
Yes, but you don't really need a manual in order to use Syne :)
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm i do more experimental stuff. more and more... it has a purpose, not only to be 'experimental'..

i have already more experimental stuff... for Syne...
That is cool, and vital if you don't want to sound like everybody else does.
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm3 oscillators that weren't really into eachother..
When using spectral interpolation between waveforms, where the partials are interpolated, not the PCM waveform, the waveform may change in an unexpected way, so don't expect that the PCM waveforms themselves are interpolated (which is the poor man's interpolation).
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm(does use Syne, real sines, or does it use FFT?? i assume FFT, why? but for additive FFT is not mandotory, perhaps for the 'shapers' a different story..)
There is absolutely no FFT in Syne.
WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pmEDIT: harmonic intervals (overtones can be inharmonic). it seems that the fundamental is 0?
the begins the first harmonic with odd? 1?
The fundamental is 1, 2 is first even (2x fundamental), 3 is first odd (3x fundamental), etc.
If you want additional sines below the fundamental, those are 0.5 (half fundamental), 0.25 (quarter fundamental). 0 is not used at all, it would mean 0 times the fundamental.

Thanks,
Attila
i quote in whole. will the FM or will it be PM, or and and (FM and PM module) come soon? the module..

there is a Decay Module, perhaps also an Attack Module, no that is a bit strange... will not work in Syne, i believe..

ADSR per partial, look at the Spectra Additive Resynthesizer, can be done in Syne.

a module that has A - D - S - R tab...??

still a great additive/spectral (because of inharmonics, although spectral is also divided, it does not contain all, it is how it is implement, noise for instance) synth.

How come I only found about this synth just now ?
Never really cared for their song writing programs so it was a big surprise to me they also made synths .
Pretty impressed by the demo . :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:54 pm How come I only found about this synth just now ?
Never really cared for their song writing programs so it was a big surprise to me they also made synths .
Pretty impressed by the demo . :tu:
it is indeed a great synth, you must stumble on it almost by accident, i have known it for a year before i bought it. it is now on sale. it is great. made a track with it, last days..

I already found a bug
Hold a note while adjusting the attack stage of an envelope ( make it longer ) , the changes are not reflected for that note , even when making the envelpe shorter again .
It has something to do with the voice still being processed and thus not affected by the new envelope settings
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:08 pm I already found a bug
Hold a note while adjusting the attack stage of an envelope ( make it longer ) , the changes are not reflected for that note , even when making the envelpe shorter again .
it is not bug-free, that is true. but holding a note while adjusting attack stage? it must retrigger??

it does some background calculations, by the way. and i am not sure what you mean. but this is for the dev...

Of course it must re-trigger , that's the bug I am encoutering
That specific voice ( even after retriggering ) is still affected by the previous envelope stage
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:35 pm Of course it must re-trigger , that's the bug I am encoutering
That specific voice ( even after retriggering ) is still affected by the previous envelope stage
ok, that i understood, but it wasn't very sure..

i don't mess a lot with the envelope, enough of course, because envelopes are very important.

shall check it. i hope the dev reads this.

FM/PM must come... and there are other bugs, but strangely one disappeared when reinstalling on a new system...

Hello gentleclockdivider!

Thank you for reporting this bug! The problem was that the envelope was not recalculated when re-triggering a note while the previous sound was not fully ended (envelope was still active). I fixed that today. Please let me know if you want to test the fixed version.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I am not really convinced by the wave morphing
The preset that goes from triangle to square , it misses the ability to change the phase of the partials
Since triangle and square have the exact same odd harmonics but a different phase , the square just keeps the phases of the triangle wave when morphed
Partial phases are equally as important as partials amplitudes
Eyeball exchanging

Right, but you don't hear phases. It is not possible to tell the difference between this wave and a square wave by hearing... I hope you did not expect a triangle PCM wave morphing into a square PCM wave, because that is not the correct way for morphing. ;)
It is a bad idea to touch the phases during additive synthesis. Imagine what would happen if you adjusted the phase of a single sine wave during synthesis. All sorts of clicks and pops would appear, because it would mean discontinuity in the signal.

Yes , you're correct on that one but it would still be great if we could adjust the partial phases ( not modulatable )
I have no luck with the custom envelope modulating the filter
It supossed to modulate the filter over a timespan of 5 seconds, but all I hear is short blip :)
Why are lfo shapes only restricted to sine and Random sine ?
Eyeball exchanging

New bug ?
Adding a detune module after a duplicate module created crackles ( phases reset ??)
Sound source is a partial edior
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:10 pm I have no luck with the custom envelope modulating the filter
It supossed to modulate the filter over a timespan of 5 seconds, but all I hear is short blip :)
Yes, you are right, the custom envelope did not work well in 'time' mode! Thanks for reporting this! :tu: It is fixed now.

Alternatively you can add 'Passing Time' to the filter timeline, if you want to go through the timeline:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:10 pm Why are lfo shapes only restricted to sine and Random sine ?
Other shapes can be implemented, if needed, but the lack of aliasing cannot be guaranteed anymore if you use an LFO shape with sharp edges (like square or sawtooth). I'll check the other bug you reported.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:12 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:10 pm I have no luck with the custom envelope modulating the filter
Yes, you are right, the custom envelope did not work well in 'time' mode! Thanks for reporting this! :tu: It is fixed now.

Alternatively you can add 'Passing Time' to the filter timeline, if you want to go through the timeline:
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:10 pm Why are lfo shapes only restricted to sine and Random sine ?
Other shapes can be implemented, if needed, but the lack of aliasing cannot be guaranteed anymore if you use an LFO shape with sharp edges (like square or sawtooth). I'll check the other bug you reported.

Thanks,
Attila
i remember now that i try to use envelopes, but i didn't get the sound i expected, i thought it was me, so i use 'passing time', which is quite different, but works also great.

gentleclockdivider is a bughunter, i tend to think, i am doing something wrong...

@gentleclockdivider, thanks for the finding these bugs...

is FM (or PM or both or more) planned. i made a long, unreadable post, i think, a time ago.. with more questions..

o you answered it, but didn't follow up, well A-D-S-R, per partial, a module..

why not also bin, so to say, algorythms, or more... like Michael Norris Spectral Suite, in a way, those a quite 'standard' algo's... o well i am robbing and rambling, but that is me!

No I am not a bugfinder , I just stumble upon them when doing basic things .
In all honousty , it surprises me that these bugs haven't surfaced after (almost) two years after release , and I havent spend more then 2 hours on this synth :lol:
The synth is promising , that's for sure
At musicdevelopments , did yoyu check the other bug I mentioned ?
Adding a detune module after a duplicate module created crackles ( phases reset ??)
Sound source is a partial editor
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Instruments”