Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

Whine on twitch! Your inability to deal with reality is not anyone's fault but your own. I can't help you.
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:43 pm Image

In my case, $49 for the additional synth plus two additional banks is not bad at all - especially considering that this plugin is very well done. :tu:

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm a bit more than that (odd) advert:

https://youtu.be/6QJtiB2bT0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEdNgJsq68w

Adamski ft. Seal - 'Killer' Deconstruction in Ableton + Adamski Interview
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Haven't heard any interesting sounds out of this yet. Maybe it's mostly a nostalgia thing? Never used the original...

Probably jut need to mess around with the presets to get an idea of the character a little better.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 pm Whine on twitch! Your inability to deal with reality is not anyone's fault but your own. I can't help you.
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:43 pm Image
Show me an SQ 80 that has been sold for close to $99 recently, then we can talk about 'reality'

Anyone know how long the intro pricing deal is going for?

Also, what are these 2 sound banks?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:25 pm Anyone know how long the intro pricing deal is going for?

Also, what are these 2 sound banks?
I get the following on the checkout page:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: This bundle includes both SQ80 V, Dust Materials and Raw Machinery. The launch offer applies until October 5th."

Bulbizarre wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:27 pm Anyone knows if you can bypass all effects at the same time ? I can't find the feature for this
I didn't find one. I used MIDI learn to connect four sliders on my MIDI keyboard controller to the Dry/Wet mix slider of the four effects.

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:12 pm Easier than editing on the vintage original? Hahah - no (sorry).
Haha yes (sorry). I've done both. If anyone tries to tell me that making patches on the hardware is easier than making them with this VSTi then I'm afraid I can only assume they have received a severe head wound at some point. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Anyway here's an image for your imported .syx banks. Just drop it in the Shared/Images folder and rename a copy for every bank you import. I'll try to make one for the SQ-80 as well.

ESQ-1.png

Makes things look a bit neater.

SQ 091421-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ESQ1 $100
SQ80 $200

Having a clue: priceless
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 pm Show me an SQ 80 that has been sold for close to $99 recently, then we can talk about 'reality'

On the subject of imported patches has anyone run across one of the ESQ-1 factory patches named "Klunks" ? I've been looking but haven't run across it yet. ESQ-1 .syx import seems like it might be a bit hit and miss.

Klunks is one of those patches that defines the ESQ for me and is one of the patches I miss from my hardware unit. If anyone comes across the patch if you could let me know what .syx files it's in I'd appreciate it. :tu:

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:50 pm ESQ1 $100
SQ80 $200

Having a clue: priceless
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 pm Show me an SQ 80 that has been sold for close to $99 recently, then we can talk about 'reality'
Yes having a clue is a really good thing. You can write any price you want but if you actually find an SQ-80 for $200 please do let us know. This one lists for $625:

https://reverb.com/item/43482527-ensoni ... jHR6qy9WFs

Here's one with a buy it now price of $770

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254889702686?h ... Sw4Mdfzuu0

Approx ZERO actual SQ80/ESQ1 owners would agree with the ridiculous statement synth editing is better and easier on a computer screen. Zero.

Just come clean kid, you've never owned either of these boards.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:43 pm Haha yes (sorry). I've done both. If anyone tries to tell me that making patches on the hardware is easier than making them with this VSTi then I'm afraid I can only assume they have received a severe head wound at some point. :lol:

told you earlier the thread was delivering :popcorn:

Return to “Instruments”