Poll : Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Yes.
55%
No.
25%
I dont give a flying fish!
20%

Total votes: 116

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:08 pm
Unaspected wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:06 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:05 pm
Unaspected wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:04 pm
Just don't lose sight of the little people who got you there!
the wizards? :lol:
Who else? :hihi:
im sure there will be lots more "little people" to come.
might do a 60s batman fight scene :lol:
That would be neat.

You could do a mad scientist scene to accompany some modular experiments.

Or use a small wall of coloured bricks that change every few frames, like a low res image display.

Unaspected wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 pm
You could do a mad scientist scene to accompany some modular experiments.
already on the list!
mad scientist with frankenstoner guitar player for some guitar experiments :lol:

Maybe KVR would benefit from an audio forum. With real audio.

Unaspected wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 pm You could do a mad scientist scene to accompany some modular experiments.

Or use a small wall of coloured bricks that change every few frames, like a low res image display.
as mentioned elsewhere, been doing weird stuff with some tubes and an endoscope...

got some oddball "cuts" id like, to stitch them together, add audio, blah blah...

my question is, whats the recommended length, for audio with visuals, not so much a video, as theres no continuity...?
but not just colours n movement, there are "scenes".

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:33 pm
Unaspected wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 pm You could do a mad scientist scene to accompany some modular experiments.

as mentioned elsewhere, been doing weird stuff with some tubes and an endoscope...

got some oddball "cuts" id like, to stitch them together, add audio, blah blah...

my question is, whats the recommended length, for audio with visuals, not so much a video, as theres no continuity...?
but not just colours n movement, there are "scenes".
If it's not something particularly special, I try to stick to the 3 min rule, which I got from Wagenheim, who said he would get bored after that. Pretty sure he's never listened to anything I've posted, but I thought it a good measure anyway. :shrug:

seems reasonable, its also a lot of work, so short is good :lol:
cheers :tu:

Short duration increases replays. I think that, if you're making music to induce trance - ritual music, dance, etc. - then you'll want a greater duration.

Maybe the best way to approach this is to consider them as items of curiosity and present them as such. Then there is no need for narrative - the viewer take away whatever part of their own psyche you trigger with your offerings.

Or you could twist the visuals slightly and be creative in a too brief explanation of what they really are.

But yeah. I agree with pekbro - short and sweet. 3 min max. That way you should be able to experiment more and develop more ideas - rather than working for too long on an idea. If an idea happens to be longer, don't worry about it.

I'm sure you've already got plenty of ideas but it's always an honour to pour more ideas into the pool.

long drones, i reckon best idea there is something similar to the "lights alive" but even more washed out

these are more little weird things, think jam meets adam and joe :lol:
(but not as high quality as either)

Unaspected wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:47 pm
Maybe the best way to approach this is to consider them as items of curiosity and present them as such. Then there is no need for narrative - the viewer take away whatever part of their own psyche you trigger with your offerings.
curiouser and curiouser...

https://youtu.be/unwghRLtVSQ

vurt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:27 pm long drones, i reckon best idea there is something similar to the "lights alive" but even more washed out

these are more little weird things, think jam meets adam and joe :lol:
(but not as high quality as either)
I can definitely visualise that. :hihi:

You might like to check out ZGameEditor that is bundled with FL Studio and used for creating visual FX. Or downloading the stand-alone game development environment might work out: https://www.zgameeditor.org Of course, I appreciate that you're already learning video editing.

On a similar line and maybe requiring just as much or more work: Blender 3D with the Animation Nodes plugin. They're both free. Blender is deep, of course - but there are loads of great tutorials on YouTube these days. The addition of animation nodes allows you to animate using audio envelopes - So the scope is massive. I've yet to use animation nodes, though the intent was there several months ago - but I have used ZGameEditor in FL Studio - which works very nicely with envelope followers and LFOs to create animated visuals synced with audio - export can be a little buggy though.

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:03 pm
Unaspected wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:47 pm
curiouser and curiouser...

https://youtu.be/unwghRLtVSQ
You did something to my soul, didn't you. :scared:

just threw a few random clips together (my own) to test transitions. see which ones are available, need to see how much they can be edited, as they're a bit "sharp"

smoke in to green tube
eyeball in red tube.
vurtkitten pic. with fx.
me playing guitar.

ps, your soul was mine after the wizards anyway :shrug:

Cool, but what's up with the frog hat dude, who is that exactly? I would like to have one of those hats myself actually. Nyway, I saw that in the other thread but didn't get it apparently. I would have become the 8th subscriber, but the witness protection program prevents me from signing into google. :shrug:
*There are too many folks on Google with evidence against me...

I think that limiting the number of images being mixed is a good idea - Not making things too busy. Though I also think that fast cut-up images can work well. Using square waves to chop between video images can be fun/unsettling.

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:02 pm ps, your soul was mine after the wizards anyway :shrug:
pekbro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:13 am Cool, but what's up with the frog hat dude, who is that exactly? I would like to have one of those hats myself actually. Nyway, I saw that in the other thread but didn't get it apparently. I would have become the 8th subscriber, but the witness protection program prevents me from signing into google. :shrug:
It's not a man with a frog hat. That is my greatest fear. :-o

pekbro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:13 am Cool, but what's up with the frog hat dude, who is that exactly?
he is me. :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”