Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
16468 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:03 pm
Haven't heard any interesting sounds out of this yet. Maybe it's mostly a nostalgia thing? Never used the original...

Probably jut need to mess around with the presets to get an idea of the character a little better.
Import some of the .syx files and you'll get a better taste for the character of the ESQ/SQ80. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
Zipede
KVRist
223 posts since 7 Feb, 2017

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:01 pm

vurt wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:59 pm
told you earlier the thread was delivering :popcorn:
I've almost finished mine.

jojoB3
KVRist
76 posts since 20 Mar, 2016

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:03 pm

Lol (reverb). Whattya going to base it on next, Ebay?

Last week (that's Sept 2021) another sold on Clist for $300, complete with new battery install.
This isn't a Quadra or minimoog here, they ARE around, genius.


Teksonik wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:54 pm
AnX wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:05 pm
Show me an SQ 80 that has been sold for close to $99 recently, then we can talk about 'reality'

Yes having a clue is a really good thing. You can write any price you want but if you actually find an SQ-80 for $200 please do let us know. This one lists for $625:

https://reverb.com/item/43482527-ensoni ... jHR6qy9WFs

Here's one with a buy it now price of $770

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254889702686?h ... Sw4Mdfzuu0

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
33057 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Sequent wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:56 am
In my case, $49 for the additional synth plus two additional banks is not bad at all - especially considering that this plugin is very well done. :tu:
Indeed!

Any links to the sysex banks?

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88177 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:06 pm

jojoB3 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:03 pm
Lol (reverb). Whattya going to base it on next, Ebay?

Last week (that's Sept 2021) another sold on Clist for $300, complete with new battery install.
This isn't a Quadra or minimoog here, they ARE around, genius.
you said $99 :lol:
it keeps going up :?

plus, tek provided links.
evidence.

davidka
KVRian
542 posts since 22 Dec, 2010

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm

I bought it immediately, felt right. Not sure on the discount prices for V-Collection, but we'll see to that. :)

@JojoB3 - I guess you own the original(s): Did you try this plugin, what is your opinion about the sound?

EDIT: Oh yes, there is a .sysx import, which goes really good with the .sysx preset collection posted earlier for more sounds.
Last edited by davidka on Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synth Master Jedi
KVRist
179 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Did they run out of serials for the Ensoniq or something?

I bought V collection 8 + the ensoniq + the 2 soundbanks, and I've gotten everything except for the Ensoniq so far, so I'm not able to install it yet.

I don't see the Ensoniq showing up in the Arturia software center app.

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
16468 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 pm

jojoB3 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:57 pm
Approx ZERO actual SQ80/ESQ1 owners would agree with the ridiculous statement synth editing is better and easier on a computer screen. Zero.

Just come clean kid, you've never owned either of these boards.
Ok now I know you've received a severe head wound at some point.

As I have already posted in this very thread I owned an ESQ-1 purchased new somewhere around 1985 and owned it up until a few years ago. So I owned, played, and programmed one for 30 years.

Not only that I used to sell ESQ-1/SQ80's when I worked in a music store back then and have played and programmed many SQ80's.

So with decades of experience with the hardware I can say without a shadow of a doubt programming patches on the VSTi is much easier and faster. :wink:

But being called "kid" is kind of refreshing considering I'm older than most people at KVR and owned an ESQ-1 when many of you were still at your mother's teat....... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
Etienne1973
KVRian
1136 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 pm
On the subject of imported patches has anyone run across one of the ESQ-1 factory patches named "Klunks" ? I've been looking but haven't run across it yet. ESQ-1 .syx import seems like it might be a bit hit and miss.

Klunks is one of those patches that defines the ESQ for me and is one of the patches I miss from my hardware unit. If anyone comes across the patch if you could let me know what .syx files it's in I'd appreciate it. :tu:
Guess you imported the ESQ-1 factory patches from > here < ?

Source: http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/

User avatar
Zipede
KVRist
223 posts since 7 Feb, 2017

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Synth Master Jedi wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm
Did they run out of serials for the Ensoniq or something?

I bought V collection 8 + the ensoniq + the 2 soundbanks, and I've gotten everything except for the Ensoniq so far, so I'm not able to install it yet.

I don't see the Ensoniq showing up in the Arturia software center app.
I found it at the bottom of the list, it's not with the V8 collection.

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
16468 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:17 pm

jojoB3 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:03 pm
Lol (reverb). Whattya going to base it on next, Ebay?

Yea Einstein one of the links is to E-Bay :lol:
jojoB3 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:03 pm
Last week (that's Sept 2021) another sold on Clist for $300, complete with new battery install.
This isn't a Quadra or minimoog here, they ARE around, genius.
Oh but you said $200 so which is it? Like I said put up or shut up. If you find an SQ-80 in functioning condition for $200 please post the link here.

Hell if you find a functioning ESQ-1 for $100 I may buy it.

But no link and you're doing nothing but talking smack. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
16468 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:18 pm

Etienne1973 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:12 pm
Teksonik wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 pm
On the subject of imported patches has anyone run across one of the ESQ-1 factory patches named "Klunks" ? I've been looking but haven't run across it yet. ESQ-1 .syx import seems like it might be a bit hit and miss.
Klunks is one of those patches that defines the ESQ for me and is one of the patches I miss from my hardware unit. If anyone comes across the patch if you could let me know what .syx files it's in I'd appreciate it. :tu:
Guess you imported the ESQ-1 factory patches from > here < ?
Source: http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/
No I forget about Rainer's site. Thanks I'll give it a go right now. :tu:

EDIT: Ahh yes Klunks is there along with some of my other favorites. :)
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Synth Master Jedi
KVRist
179 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Zipede wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:15 pm
I found it at the bottom of the list, it's not with the V8 collection.
Thanks, yeah I got the serial for it now. It came about 30 minutes after everything else. I'm about to go install it now.

User avatar
Sequent
KVRAF
2817 posts since 14 Feb, 2001 from What do you care? :)

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 pm
On the subject of imported patches has anyone run across one of the ESQ-1 factory patches named "Klunks" ? I've been looking but haven't run across it yet. ESQ-1 .syx import seems like it might be a bit hit and miss.

Klunks is one of those patches that defines the ESQ for me and is one of the patches I miss from my hardware unit. If anyone comes across the patch if you could let me know what .syx files it's in I'd appreciate it. :tu:
Found it. It's in that latest factory sysex that was posted.

davidka
KVRian
542 posts since 22 Dec, 2010

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Sequent wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:28 pm
Teksonik wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 pm
On the subject of imported patches has anyone run across one of the ESQ-1 factory patches named "Klunks" ? I've been looking but haven't run across it yet. ESQ-1 .syx import seems like it might be a bit hit and miss.

Klunks is one of those patches that defines the ESQ for me and is one of the patches I miss from my hardware unit. If anyone comes across the patch if you could let me know what .syx files it's in I'd appreciate it. :tu:
Found it. It's in that latest factory sysex that was posted.
I see only the preset "Bendup" when I import ESQ-1 banks. What do I do wrong here?

Return to “Instruments”