Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:03 pm Haven't heard any interesting sounds out of this yet. Maybe it's mostly a nostalgia thing? Never used the original...

Probably jut need to mess around with the presets to get an idea of the character a little better.
Import some of the .syx files and you'll get a better taste for the character of the ESQ/SQ80. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:59 pm told you earlier the thread was delivering :popcorn:
I've almost finished mine.

Lol (reverb). Whattya going to base it on next, Ebay?

Last week (that's Sept 2021) another sold on Clist for $300, complete with new battery install.
This isn't a Quadra or minimoog here, they ARE around, genius.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:54 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:05 pm Show me an SQ 80 that has been sold for close to $99 recently, then we can talk about 'reality'

Yes having a clue is a really good thing. You can write any price you want but if you actually find an SQ-80 for $200 please do let us know. This one lists for $625:

https://reverb.com/item/43482527-ensoni ... jHR6qy9WFs

Here's one with a buy it now price of $770

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254889702686?h ... Sw4Mdfzuu0

Sequent wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:56 pm In my case, $49 for the additional synth plus two additional banks is not bad at all - especially considering that this plugin is very well done. :tu:
Indeed!

Any links to the sysex banks?

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 pm Lol (reverb). Whattya going to base it on next, Ebay?

Last week (that's Sept 2021) another sold on Clist for $300, complete with new battery install.
you said $99 :lol:
it keeps going up :?

plus, tek provided links.
evidence.

I bought it immediately, felt right. Not sure on the discount prices for V-Collection, but we'll see to that. :)

@JojoB3 - I guess you own the original(s): Did you try this plugin, what is your opinion about the sound?

EDIT: Oh yes, there is a .sysx import, which goes really good with the .sysx preset collection posted earlier for more sounds.
Last edited by davidka on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did they run out of serials for the Ensoniq or something?

I bought V collection 8 + the ensoniq + the 2 soundbanks, and I've gotten everything except for the Ensoniq so far, so I'm not able to install it yet.

I don't see the Ensoniq showing up in the Arturia software center app.

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 pm Approx ZERO actual SQ80/ESQ1 owners would agree with the ridiculous statement synth editing is better and easier on a computer screen. Zero.

Just come clean kid, you've never owned either of these boards.
Ok now I know you've received a severe head wound at some point.

As I have already posted in this very thread I owned an ESQ-1 purchased new somewhere around 1985 and owned it up until a few years ago. So I owned, played, and programmed one for 30 years.

Not only that I used to sell ESQ-1/SQ80's when I worked in a music store back then and have played and programmed many SQ80's.

So with decades of experience with the hardware I can say without a shadow of a doubt programming patches on the VSTi is much easier and faster. :wink:

But being called "kid" is kind of refreshing considering I'm older than most people at KVR and owned an ESQ-1 when many of you were still at your mother's teat....... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 pm On the subject of imported patches has anyone run across one of the ESQ-1 factory patches named "Klunks" ? I've been looking but haven't run across it yet. ESQ-1 .syx import seems like it might be a bit hit and miss.

Klunks is one of those patches that defines the ESQ for me and is one of the patches I miss from my hardware unit. If anyone comes across the patch if you could let me know what .syx files it's in I'd appreciate it. :tu:
Guess you imported the ESQ-1 factory patches from > here < ?

Source: http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:09 pm Did they run out of serials for the Ensoniq or something?

I bought V collection 8 + the ensoniq + the 2 soundbanks, and I've gotten everything except for the Ensoniq so far, so I'm not able to install it yet.

I don't see the Ensoniq showing up in the Arturia software center app.
I found it at the bottom of the list, it's not with the V8 collection.

jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 pm Lol (reverb). Whattya going to base it on next, Ebay?

Yea Einstein one of the links is to E-Bay :lol:
jojoB3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 pmLast week (that's Sept 2021) another sold on Clist for $300, complete with new battery install.
Oh but you said $200 so which is it? Like I said put up or shut up. If you find an SQ-80 in functioning condition for $200 please post the link here.

Hell if you find a functioning ESQ-1 for $100 I may buy it.

But no link and you're doing nothing but talking smack. :shrug:

Etienne1973 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 pm On the subject of imported patches has anyone run across one of the ESQ-1 factory patches named "Klunks" ? I've been looking but haven't run across it yet. ESQ-1 .syx import seems like it might be a bit hit and miss.
Klunks is one of those patches that defines the ESQ for me and is one of the patches I miss from my hardware unit. If anyone comes across the patch if you could let me know what .syx files it's in I'd appreciate it. :tu:
Guess you imported the ESQ-1 factory patches from > here < ?
Source: http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/
No I forget about Rainer's site. Thanks I'll give it a go right now. :tu:

EDIT: Ahh yes Klunks is there along with some of my other favorites. :)
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zipede wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:15 pm I found it at the bottom of the list, it's not with the V8 collection.
Thanks, yeah I got the serial for it now. It came about 30 minutes after everything else. I'm about to go install it now.

Found it. It's in that latest factory sysex that was posted.

Sequent wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Found it. It's in that latest factory sysex that was posted.
I see only the preset "Bendup" when I import ESQ-1 banks. What do I do wrong here?

Return to “Instruments”