Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

It was 49 bucks for me as a V8 owner. Can't possibly complain about that!

This is everything a virtual SQ-80 should be. I understand people's CPU concerns but I just made a track with 8 instances of it and I was still going fine (in Bitwig on my 2015 iMac).

The important thing is that it SOUNDS like an SQ-80. And it absolutely does. Dial up a funky waveform, PITCH IT DOWN, and it's off to the races...for industrial music, anyway :P

Sequent wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 pm Found it. It's in that latest factory sysex that was posted.
Thanks I got it. Man that patch takes me back. There are still some others I'm missing like Ahhhs. :tu:
davidka wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:32 pm I see only the preset "Bendup" when I import ESQ-1 banks. What do I do wrong here?
Yes I'm having some issues with import as well. Seems to be a bit hit and miss. Some .syx files are just a single patch but sometimes even full bank files don't load properly.

Try deleting any imported files showing up in "My Banks" and then import the files again. Seems to work at times.

I'm going to be working on importing some more tomorrow and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

How do you import banks with this? I see no way. Is that not available in the trial?

Update: I was just greeted with a message saying Import is available in full version only.

Too bad.

Bought it but the 2 banks that came with the offer are not showing up in 'my products' yet. Is that to be expected or do I need to do something to claim them?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:27 pm Bought it but the 2 banks that came with the offer are not showing up in 'my products' yet. Is that to be expected or do I need to do something to claim them?
I had to manually download them from my account and install. They didn't show up in the Arturia Service Center.

Should be "Raw Machinery" and Dust Materials".
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hello people.
I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words here, even the non-fanboys delivered some love, so I felt the need to send some love too :wink:
SQ80 was a really fun project, I've enjoyed working on it and I'm really pleased to see the product out now.
I hope you will enjoy exchanging and importing your presets and can't way to hear some songs posted here.
All the best & keep making great music.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:27 pm Bought it but the 2 banks that came with the offer are not showing up in 'my products' yet. Is that to be expected or do I need to do something to claim them?
I had to manually download them from my account and install. They didn't show up in the Arturia Service Center.
Yeah but they're not in my account yet either so I thought maybe they are processed separately?

Edouard Arturia wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:56 pm Hello people.
I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words here, even the non-fanboys delivered some love, so I felt the need to send some love too :wink:
SQ80 was a really fun project, I've enjoyed working on it and I'm really pleased to see the product out now.
I hope you will enjoy exchanging and importing your presets and can't way to hear some songs posted here.
Congratulations on the release. The SQ80V sounds great. :tu:

Any chance for an Ensoniq VFX next? :D

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 pm
Yeah but they're not in my account yet either so I thought maybe they are processed separately?
I don't know mine showed up pretty quickly and I didn't have to do a thing.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 pm

Aren't the VFX transwaves already there? What else of remarkably desirable had the VFX to offer?
Fernando (FMR)

Here's the SQ80.png file you can use for your imported bank files. Just drop the image in Shared/Images and then make a copy named the same way you imported banks are named.

SQ-80.png

Here's the ESQ-1.png again:

ESQ-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh well, it's no biggie - hopefully they will show up by tomorrow

fmr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 pm

Aren't the VFX transwaves already there? What else of remarkably desirable had the VFX to offer?
I'm not sure if all the Transwaves are there or not. I sold my VFX some time ago so can't check. I'd have to refresh my memory as to the differences between the SQ80 and VFX other than the Transwaves.

EDIT: Found this "A single patch can contain up to 6 of 109 waves in its ROM memory that can be combined and layered".
http://www.vintagesynth.com/ensoniq/vfx.php

VitaminD wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 pm How do you import banks with this? I see no way. Is that not available in the trial?

Update: I was just greeted with a message saying Import is available in full version only.

Too bad.
That's generally the way Arturia does it. Most other devs, too. I can understand not being allowed to save (or export) edited patches, but it seems a working Import option would be nice -- even if it doesn't allow you to save the imported data. At least that way, you could see how it handles old files you may have created.

For what it's worth, I only have the V6 Collection, and SQ 80 V was still only $49 for me, so it may be cheaper than you think, if you've bought anything from Arturia in the past few years.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Just updated to v8 but the ensoniq not there even in my account. Guess it will pop up at some point. Seems they have servers overloads or so like usual.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Return to “Instruments”