Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:23 am Arturia should have thought to allow more than one preset import at a time.
Not sure what you're talking about. I grabbed a bunch of sysex from Gearspace today (for ESQ and SQ-80) and when I import them into SQ-80 V, they import as full banks. It can definitely do that.

mholloway wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:14 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:23 am Arturia should have thought to allow more than one preset import at a time.
Not sure what you're talking about. I grabbed a bunch of sysex from Gearspace today (for ESQ and SQ-80) and when I import them into SQ-80 V, they import as full banks. It can definitely do that.
As I explained, I too was able to import a full bank at the same time from a zip folder of presets someone posted earlier in the thread. I simply imported one of the presets in the folder (because Arturias import won't allow you to select more than one file) then all presets in the folder showed up. Great. Perfect. No issues.

THEN I downloaded a bunch of separate preset files from the link in the post I quoted, I added these files all into one single folder. I then, like before, imported one of the files (because import will not let you select more than one file). When I checked inside the preset folder only THAT preset that I imported showed up, none of the others that I had put into the same folder.

I'm assuming that in the system files there's some sort of metadata or convention or something in the first set of presets that made the Arturia synth realize that all the presets in the same folder were part of the same bank as soon as I loaded one of them.

So when I say "more than one at a time" I'm talking about the file explorer selector. When I press import I can't click and drag multiple files, or shift click multiple files, afaik. For a preset importer you should be able to select more than one preset.

*Hopefully* I'm wrong and there is a way to select more than one preset at a time. If not, hopefully there's a program I can use to edit system metadata to add different patches into proper "bank" that the Arturia recognizes.

Hopefully this explanation is more clear.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The original SQ80 imported one preset or 40 (bank) presets
Maybe Arturia adopted that behavior
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

takaperry wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 pm Just bought, sounds great!

Has anyone gotten it to show up in Komplete Kontrol / NKS? I like to use it to preview presets easily.
It looks like NKS is not available yet - usually it is added in an update

Sequent wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:03 am Regarding the extra banks, I got them from inside Analog Lab V. Go to the store portion within Analog Lab and select to see only the additional banks that you already own. In my case, there were some that already had a check mark to show that they have been installed. In the case of the two new ones that came with SQ 80 V, i had to click on them to initiate download. The rest should be automatic.
Actually that was the first thing I had tried but they only show as for sale. I guess because they still aren't in my account yet for some reason.

the sales strategy of arturia, my upgrade offer include sq-80v + V8, i have V7 + OB-Xa (and other stuff), for €149.

that is tempting, if it weren't... no budget (well i have, but i won't..)

EDIT: the sq-80v is MPE, well that was expected, others will follow i think...

EDIT: the same price from V6.... well waiting doesn't cost money.... waiting for V9, and a year or 1 1/2 later...

Looks like Arturia is planning to go NI Komplete updates/upgrades way? Blanket $149 sale price for any and all previous V Collection owners it seems.

Tempting indeed, but not urgent.

Never owned any hardware synth, but SQ80 V sounds awesome to me. Great job, Arturia!

do you have a link? thx :)

Leichenschmaus wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:38 am
do you have a link? thx :)
I'm not sure which link they're talking about, maybe it's the same link, but I came across this earlier:

I haven't tried to import them yet into the SQ 80.

Ensoniq ESQ-1, SQ-80 - ultimate patch collection
https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... ction.html

$49 bucks is no brainer purchase, bought it instantly, love it

i wish Arturia would add sysex import via midi directly from the SQ-80 hardware synth, just like the SQ8L can do. But SQ 80 V can do so much else, so I can probably live without :-)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Same €69 crossgrade offer for me with only 3 free Arturia products I own. :party:

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:02 pm Same €69 crossgrade offer for me with only 3 free Arturia products I own. :party:
Same for me and I only have the free Juno Chorus :D
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Definitely one of the more pleasant SQ80 V videos.

https://youtu.be/kwH1HbDAj2c

Return to “Instruments”