What's The Worst Value All In One Daw Solution Today ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Take Your Pick...
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

All of them if you can't bloody make music with them.

Sorry getting depressive dementia because of covid lockdown in Australia.

I'm sure ur just pokin fun at ur arch nemesis, but....
Possibly Live standard.....450$ without a full function multi-sampler?
Only the industry leader could get away with that
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

It's gotta be Pro Tools. Like, to the point where people don't even think of Pro Tools.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

The one you buy and don't use.

agharta wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm The one you buy and don't use.
I bought the MPC Software and never use it, every time that I do start a project, normally ends up with an exit command..for me the workflow sucks

frankpain wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:52 pm
agharta wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm The one you buy and don't use.
I bought the MPC Software and never use it, every time that I do start a project, normally ends up with an exit command..for me the workflow sucks
That's like me with Maschine
-_- people rag on Reason for not supporting vst3 but maschine 2 also doesnt and feels like abandonware

frankpain wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:52 pmI bought the MPC Software and never use it, every time that I do start a project, normally ends up with an exit command..for me the workflow sucks
I don't think it was ever meant to compete with "normal" DAWs, though? It's basically a software that lets you expand the usability of your MPC hardware (e.g. access VSTs).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I agree that it’s the one you buy and don’t use since all the major DAWs come packed with far more features and capabilities than any one person will typically use, or the ones you pay a premium for and comes with a bunch of features you don’t want or need. Case in point:
bermudagold wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:20 am Possibly Live standard.....450$ without a full function multi-sampler?
While that’s clearly a priority for bermudagold, I have no need for that feature, so paying extra for it would decrease the value of Live for me. Likewise, I’m sure there are features that I look for in a DAW that many others would think are just bloat and would gladly pay less to not have those features, if that was an option.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Smasha wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 am All of them if you can't bloody make music with them.

Sorry getting depressive dementia because of covid lockdown in Australia.
The All In One DAW subscription.

<r><QUOTE author="cryophonik" post_id="8214736" time="1631888808" user_id="119290"><s>
cryophonik wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:26 pm</s>
I agree that it’s the one you buy and don’t use since all the major DAWs come packed with far more features and capabilities than any one person will typically use, or the ones you pay a premium for and comes with a bunch of features you don’t want or need. Case in point:<br/>

<QUOTE author="bermudagold" post_id="8213569" time="1631758835" user_id="58002"><s>
bermudagold wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:20 am</s>
Possibly Live standard.....450$ without a full function multi-sampler?
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

While that’s clearly a priority for bermudagold, I have no need for that feature, so paying extra for it would decrease the value of Live for me. Likewise, I’m sure there are features that I look for in a DAW that many others would think are just bloat and would gladly pay less to not have those features, if that was an option.
<e>
</e></QUOTE>
fair enough...to me value is about breadth and depth per price point...how many of the basics at a serviceable level of quality without HAVING to supplement with additional purchase plugins...so yeah to me in the evolution of computer music production, it's hard to argue there is anything more fundamental or core than a capable for instrument design sampler....I also consider a convolution processor a "basic"....that's why I ended up with the choices I did in the original thread "best value DAW"

ignoring the freeware ones...which is a lot
For PC:
1. Tracktion
2. S1 Artist / Reaper (tie)
3. Mulab / FL Studio

All of those are less than 115 bucks
I would put FL in one of the first two slots, but you don't get edison until the 200$ price point, and you don't get newtone or directwave until the 300$ price point...the value isn't immediate...its amortized from free lifetime updates...unless they renege on that eventually...Tracktion and Mulab are missing a convolution processor, and I can't put Mixcraft on the list without a full function sampler at that price point.

that said, if you are on Mac, I don't think anybody can beat the value of logic, but that's because its being subsidized by the markup on the hardware,...so I doubt anybody ever will
</r>
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Logic.

if you're a PC user.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 pm Take Your Pick...
viewtopic.php?t=568791
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

All of them since I still haven't made a single penny from my music in over 20 years, so every one has been a lost investment.

Digital Performer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”