Saturation Tools for 2021

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Havok wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:43 am
PleaseAdvise wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 am LVC PreAMPed (this one is great, too bad it's not resizable and doesn't have low pass at leat, but other than that I really like it. Lots of preamps to chose from and 4 frequency knobs. Wish it got updates since 2015).
From a post by the LVC developer:

"The general "LVC-Audio" plan at this point is to continue to simplify my plugin line. I will be trying to collapse the modules of T-Chain and the remaining legacy plugins into newer versions. For example, I will be redoing PreAMPed to include all of the functionality of the original PreAMPed and the T-Chain preamp modules."

So looks like there will be an update in the future
Nice ! Thanks for letting me know.

Just received an answer after posting a question via the site too :
Yes.

It is being updated right now. I hope to have it released by Black Friday or slightly earlier.

It will have the preamp modeling section, EQ (4 band), noise gate, and compressor. The EQ will have selectable styles that will change Q, types of filters, etc.

I am not sure if it will be a free upgrade for PreAMPed. If it is not, it will be something very small (e.g., $7) for users.

I thought Saturn was the swiss army knife for saturation ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 am @211€ you’d think they could hire a f**king designer
Indeed, that's one ugly plugin. Would anyone in this day and age actually pay that for a saturation plugin? Good luck with that!

Effectsworks wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 am @211€ you’d think they could hire a f**king designer
Indeed, that's one ugly plugin. Would anyone in this day and age actually pay that for a saturation plugin? Good luck with that!
Yeap . It was ugly .. but ..when i heard how it works.. i fell in love with GUI :love: now it looks beautiful and sounds unbelievable. Btw. If you don't have a money, don't try :hihi:

@Ploki
Uozbilji se :hug:
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

Dark Fiber wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:14 pm SlickEQ GE
GSat+
Head Crusher v2
Trash 2
RX950
Molotok
there is no input (drive) on slick eg though :(
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

asstudioton wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:51 pm Btw. If you don't have a money, don't try :hihi:
But I do have the money... :P But this seems like it could be a bit of an Elton John plugin to me.

Just stumbled upon Joachip/RobotPlanet Enceladus EQ.
Not top tier but it's pretty nice (also free). You can boost 4 adjustable frequencies and chose between 5 different types of saturation (Transistor, Tube I, Tube II, and 2 comps).

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:18 am
Dark Fiber wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:14 pm SlickEQ GE
GSat+
Head Crusher v2
Trash 2
RX950
Molotok
there is no input (drive) on slick eg though :(
In SlickEQ (free version) and SlickEQ GE you can drive the various saturation types with the "calibrate" setting.

Ikm tapes
Tone projects kelvin
Goodhertz tupe
SDDR/freeware version
Waves abbey roads saturator
Audio assault head crusher 2

All are very good

LeVzi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:24 pm I thought Saturn was the swiss army knife for saturation ?
it kinda is. but it takes work: a lot of these saturation plugs do one thing well with a couple of adjustments. you can dial it in with saturn in most cases will work but you need a clear idea of what you're trying to do.

trying some things out in saturn did convince me not to buy tupe though.

i've got others, but frankly saturn and klanghelm sdrr do the job well enough for me.

Rift is a little expensive and still a little unknown but is great ! and it is not only a tool for destruction it can do very subtle thing and I think an update with multiband is planned

Otherwise Kelvin and Tupe are my favorites at the moment

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:18 am
LeVzi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:24 pm I thought Saturn was the swiss army knife for saturation ?
it kinda is. but it takes work: a lot of these saturation plugs do one thing well with a couple of adjustments. you can dial it in with saturn in most cases will work but you need a clear idea of what you're trying to do.

trying some things out in saturn did convince me not to buy tupe though.

i've got others, but frankly saturn and klanghelm sdrr do the job well enough for me.
That's fair enough, I think MSaturator is more than enough for me tbh .
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Voxengo Tube Amp - very underrated gem

LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:57 am That's fair enough, I think MSaturator is more than enough for me tbh .
i'd be perfectly happy with that one.

PierreJoseff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:42 am and I think an update with multiband is planned
O.O
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Effects”