Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRian
1016 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Does anybody happen to have an obscure code to lessen the pain of buying from Softube?
Thanks in advance!
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

KVRAF
3399 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 pm

escalona wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm
Does anybody happen to have an obscure code to lessen the pain of buying from Softube?
Thanks in advance!
Code is : IAMEXERCISINGSELFRESTRAINT

Gives you a 100% discount, but product will be delivered at an unspecified later date.

(Code doesn't always work, in my experience.)
A well-behaved signature.

KVRist
71 posts since 6 Sep, 2015

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:26 am

cthonophonic wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:22 pm
Can confirm that the bundle upgrade from V Collection 5 is the same price, so I'd get like a dozen new instruments for $149. Not a bad deal!
My price from V5 is 269€ :cry:

User avatar
KVRAF
2254 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:41 am

Just posted this on the no chat thread but it's worth putting it here because SSL sales are so random and incredibly short

"SSL Oxford are having another one their "blink and you'll miss it" sales. This time X EQ-2 85% off from today until 20th September.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... ive-x-eq-2 "

User avatar
KVRist
87 posts since 16 Dec, 2014

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 am

[/quote]
My price from V5 is 269€ :cry:
[/quote]

Something screwy there. That was my price for the V8 bundle + new synth + expansions, and I owned NO V instruments (Only Pigments 3 and Analog Lab V). I took the deal. Been looking to get the V collection for some time.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 21H1, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Alesis VX-49 kybd, ATOM pad, Biwig 3.4, Studio One 5.x

User avatar
KVRist
221 posts since 19 Aug, 2020

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am

Siri, how many days until Black Friday? :hyper:

KVRist
71 posts since 6 Sep, 2015

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 am

BluesMuse wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:50 am

Something screwy there. That was my price for the V8 bundle + new synth + expansions, and I owned NO V instruments (Only Pigments 3 and Analog Lab V). I took the deal. Been looking to get the V collection for some time.
Support sorted it out. Purchased 10min ago :hyper:
Last edited by c0nan on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer
17 posts since 25 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am

ChamomileShark wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:41 am
Just posted this on the no chat thread but it's worth putting it here because SSL sales are so random and incredibly short

"SSL Oxford are having another one their "blink and you'll miss it" sales. This time X EQ-2 85% off from today until 20th September.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... ive-x-eq-2 "
Thanks!!

KVRist
301 posts since 11 Mar, 2001

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:42 am

So, which price did you get in the end? :wink:
[/quote]
Support sortet it out. Purchased 10min ago :hyper:
[/quote]

KVRist
71 posts since 6 Sep, 2015

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 am

149€. Their second response to get the SQ80 took about 5min. That's quite amazing.

KVRAF
5293 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:00 am

wangeroge wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am
Siri, how many days until Black Friday? :hyper:
Answer:
Don't understand your question, will ask Alexa! :clown:

KVRist
464 posts since 3 Feb, 2017 from Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 am

Kimokeo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am
ChamomileShark wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:41 am
Just posted this on the no chat thread but it's worth putting it here because SSL sales are so random and incredibly short

"SSL Oxford are having another one their "blink and you'll miss it" sales. This time X EQ-2 85% off from today until 20th September.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... ive-x-eq-2 "
Thanks!!
With their current 3 for 2 sale, you could buy 3x plugin for the price of 2.

User avatar
KVRist
87 posts since 16 Dec, 2014

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 am

wangeroge wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am
Siri, how many days until Black Friday? :hyper:
At this rate, my well will be dry by then. Indiginus just dropped "The Fiddle" for $59. :love:
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 21H1, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Alesis VX-49 kybd, ATOM pad, Biwig 3.4, Studio One 5.x

KVRian
933 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm

SolarAxix wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 am
Kimokeo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am
ChamomileShark wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:41 am
Just posted this on the no chat thread but it's worth putting it here because SSL sales are so random and incredibly short

"SSL Oxford are having another one their "blink and you'll miss it" sales. This time X EQ-2 85% off from today until 20th September.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... ive-x-eq-2 "
Thanks!!
With their current 3 for 2 sale, you could buy 3x plugin for the price of 2.
But if you think about it, the 3rd free plugin is offered on the cheapest item in cart, so it would be a terrible bargain using the on sale $39 choice on this 3-for-2 !

Probably best for that deal to just get 3 full priced plugins and buy the sale one separately.

The two problems here are:
a) Now the purchase is based on bargain value rather than use case/need. Does one really even need the plugins?
b) Its 2021, who in their right mind is dropping $500 for 3 SSL plugins?!

User avatar
KVRAF
32767 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:24 pm

Kimokeo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am
ChamomileShark wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:41 am
Just posted this on the no chat thread but it's worth putting it here because SSL sales are so random and incredibly short

"SSL Oxford are having another one their "blink and you'll miss it" sales. This time X EQ-2 85% off from today until 20th September.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/produ ... ive-x-eq-2 "
Thanks!!
Looks good

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”