Waldorf M Wavetable Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's Anthony ROther? Great!

I was interested until i saw it was 8 poly only and the (Over)price :)
At $500-600 i would get it or if it had better specs that matched their Pricing.

Selling it as a 8 voice at that price and give you the option to buy 8 more voices later is just pure greed and nothing else.

Quite a big unit, looked small and fiddly in the early pics, but a decent size really.

I'm lusting for this, but I already have a MW Rev A with Access controller, MW XT, Blofeld and Quantum.
It would be great if the M will be able to replace the first three.
It's hard to tell from the videos.

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 am I was interested until i saw it was 8 poly only and the (Over)price :)
At $500-600 i would get it or if it had better specs that matched their Pricing.

Selling it as a 8 voice at that price and give you the option to buy 8 more voices later is just pure greed and nothing else.
You're wrong on many levels :)

There's no way this could ever cost $500.

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 am Selling it as a 8 voice at that price and give you the option to buy 8 more voices later is just pure greed and nothing else.
Are they planning to do so?

Yes they are, beginning of next year. Manual also mentions voice expansion.

Ew... well, let's just say that I can understand why that could be seen as a bit... special. :P The synth is already expensive for me, and then you have to purchase the 8 voice expansion on top...

As I mentioned earlier...
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:34 am Guess you really have to be into hardware to be... into hardware.

I mean it follows in Waldorf's tradition. Q, microQ, MWII/XT, Wave, Microwave, they all had voice expansions.

I see.

I wonder why they don't put more voice into the synth by default, instead of selling the expansions as (more expensive) single items later. On the other hand, I think I alread gave the answer with the question. ;)

Well, fair enough. I don't want to criticize anyone doing business, when everyone can take their buying decision themselves.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:49 am
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 am I was interested until i saw it was 8 poly only and the (Over)price :)

You're wrong on many levels :)

There's no way this could ever cost $500.
I took a closer look at the Manual and it is actually more advanced than it looks like with it's different modes.

So i guess $500-600 was to optimistic :oops:
But around $1200-1400 for the 8 voice and the Asking price for a 16 Voice would peak my interest more.

I guess things are starting to get more expensive these days because of various shortages (Even graphic card prices are starting to get expensive and harder to get atleast where i live).

I might try one out when my local shop get it and see if i like it and if it is worth the asking price for me since the Manual did make me more curious.

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:21 pm I see.

I wonder why they don't put more voice into the synth by default, instead of selling the expansions as (more expensive) single items later. On the other hand, I think I alread gave the answer with the question. ;)

Well, fair enough. I don't want to criticize anyone doing business, when everyone can take their buying decision themselves.
So would you rather it was 16 voices from the get go and €2300 with no cheaper option, or...? :)

Yeah, while I think the starting price is a bit high, offering a voice expansion board from 8 to 16 makes a lot of sense.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”