Good options for Spectral Delays

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
412 posts since 18 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Post Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:04 am

I'm specifically interested in Spectral Delays only (delay taps differentiated according to each frequency) in this case. The best one I have is probably a patch for Max/MSP called "jg.spectdelay" (by John Gibson).
www.GKweb.it
Mac, OS X 10.14, Logic Pro X

KVRAF
6204 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:52 am

Thanks for the pointer, this one is fft based, which is a different approach than just having filtered frequency bands delayed. I bet the latter can be easily achieved in Byome for three bands. The weird stuff needs more bands…

KVRist
412 posts since 18 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Post Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:32 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:52 am
Thanks for the pointer, this one is fft based, which is a different approach than just having filtered frequency bands delayed. I bet the latter can be easily achieved in Byome for three bands. The weird stuff needs more bands…
Yes, absolutely, FFT is necessary, for a true Spectral Delay. Melda's MSpectral Delay is also FFT-based (I strongly suggest to use it in Edit mode, of course) and it's the second best one I have. The best choice, if you don't want to download the gigantic Max/MSP for any reason. I still prefer this jg.spectraldelay Max/MSP patch, though, especially when used directly on its "Max help" dedicated window. Intuitive UI and very musical results (at least, for my needs), much better, for my taste.
www.GKweb.it
Mac, OS X 10.14, Logic Pro X

KVRian
693 posts since 13 Oct, 2006

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Ah_Dziz wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:46 pm
I dunno If NI would still do a transfer for an old SD license, but it still runs smoothly on my system. Someone might be willing to sell their license though.
i have a boxed version that is unregistered :D
bought 2 of them some years ago, installed one...worked perfect on windows 10 in flstudio .
loads of hardware for sound creation and loads of software for effects!

KVRAF
3372 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm

robindrieghe wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:31 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:46 pm
I dunno If NI would still do a transfer for an old SD license, but it still runs smoothly on my system. Someone might be willing to sell their license though.
i have a boxed version that is unregistered :D
bought 2 of them some years ago, installed one...worked perfect on windows 10 in flstudio .
You could probably sell that pretty easily and for a good price. I dunno if they still will register it And activate it after their whole (dropping support of old products) debacle.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

KVRAF
3372 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:16 am

Plogue Bidule also Makes spectral processing very easy and fun.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

KVRAF
32806 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:27 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:57 am
WasteLand wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:45 am
El°HYM wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:28 am
Also worth mentioning are these:
https://www.soundhack.com
yes those, the name i had forgotten, great stuff! installed only the older versions...
wonder if the payed version, what they give more.

EDIT: morphfilter, MMorph is already in my arsenal. quite good stuff, and if insert MTransformer after it....

EDIT 2: Spectral Compand seems like the one in SpecOps....
I had the PVOC kit but they did some sort of paid update thing a couple of years ago to cover a new copy protection scheme, and made it a limited time deal so to get the latest versions I would now have to buy them again so tough
Just updating to correct this - it seems, although this is still a paid update, that they still allow it at the reduced rate at least, so they must have realised that was unfair

Return to “Effects”