MIDI Display - chord display for Windows 10

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRer
2 posts since 21 Aug, 2021

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:52 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello KVR!

After a lot of delays and testing we're happy to finally publicly announce MIDI Display (https://neotype.se/midi-display/) - a MIDI chord and note on screen display for Windows 10. If you've ever used the old VST midiChordAnalyzer then this is the same concept, except MIDI Display is not a plugin but an application that integrate and can start automatically with Windows.

Basically, when you press keys on your MIDI keyboard it will draw text on the screen with what notes or chord you're playing, no matter what DAW or instrument you're using. The layout and position of the text can be changed to whatever you want, but out of the box it looks like this:

Image (https://neotype.se/midi-display/)

The setup is a little bit more tricky than just install and go but it's not that complicated, just follow the short setup guide on the homepage and you'll be up and running within a few minutes.

MIDI Display is $24.99/person (no calling home bullshit, use on as many machines you own), but the unregistered version is free for personal non-commercial use. If you decide to buy a license then for a limited time use the discount code KVRFORUM for 30% off the price.

I wrote most of the code so if you have any questions or comments feel free to reply to this post and I'll try to answer them best I can! :-)

KVRer
22 posts since 22 Oct, 2019

Post Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 am

Any plans for an OS X version? Asking for a now jealous friend :D

KVRer

Topic Starter

2 posts since 21 Aug, 2021

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:15 pm

victoria wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 am
Any plans for an OS X version? Asking for a now jealous friend :D
Sorry for the late reply, weekend and all that. Version for OS X? Short answer: Not anytime soon, at least not from us, unless we get a lot of requests for it.

Long answer: Even though we can't reuse any of the very Windows specific code, an OS X version would probably be easier to develop, but right now it's just too much of a commitment. This was a side project between paid work, and while I'm very happy how the finished software turned out the development, testing and release was plagued with issues and delays from start to finish. Had we known from the start how much time and resources we'd have to put into this to reach the finish line, I honestly think we wouldn't have made the Windows version either.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”