apShaper – a little GUI request

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just recently bought apShaper and really love it. Good, perfectly priced plugin.
I'm also happy about the GUI but I stumble every now and then over a certain layout decision.

I wonder why the Modulation tab is not placed right next to modulators? If this section would be placed there one can have always the Spectrum tab opened and all the time visual "access" to the modulations.

It's probably too late at this stage of the plugin. I would appreciate a second layout though.
Thanks
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

yeah.. there was a fight between gui size, the amount of information displayed at the same time and layout during the design phase. As a workaround.. just use a separate analyzer after the plugin.

Pflugshaupt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:02 am yeah.. there was a fight between gui size, the amount of information displayed at the same time and layout during the design phase. As a workaround.. just use a separate analyzer after the plugin.
Thanks. I was not talking about the spectrum itself. I meant the movement of the modulated filter is not visually because the mod-tab is open. But I understand that the layout decision and still think it's almost perfect.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Ah ok.. I understand. Yeah that can be unfortunate. What can ameliorate the situation a bit is not using the amount sliders on the modulation tab for fine control, but more for general setup. The modulators themselves have "output" controls of their own which are kind of redundant, but once the routing has been set up on the modulation tab, these output controls can be used to fine-control the settings while looking at the spectrum with the animated filter handles.

Return to “apulSoft”