24 Synth Supersaw Comparison

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ah i see. wonder if Novation ever will do a K-Station v2
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:51 pm ah i see. wonder if Novation ever will do a K-Station v2
To be frank, I think you can just get a better sound in software these days.

dvnation wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:18 am https://youtu.be/NseIER4hiyE
JP wins every time. Not saying Hive sounds bad though, it's awesome in its own way.

But which one is the JP, A or B?

steffensen wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 am
JP wins every time. Not saying Hive sounds bad though, it's awesome in its own way.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the jp the first to use the term (and method of) supersaw?

So basically everything else is trying to replicate that.....or renaming it (hypersaw) to get around it...

dvnation wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:37 pm But which one is the JP, A or B?
Oh, B of course. 🙂

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:24 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:51 pm ah i see. wonder if Novation ever will do a K-Station v2
To be frank, I think you can just get a better sound in software these days.
yes that is true
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

steffensen wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:04 pm
Oh, B of course. 🙂
Care to elaborate? :wink:

I think Hive emulates the JP supersaw the best and the most authentic. Filter/resonance behavior is sooooo close. And it even does the infamous clicks.

AnX wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:00 pm
steffensen wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the jp the first to use the term (and method of) supersaw?

So basically everything else is trying to replicate that.....or renaming it (hypersaw) to get around it...
Exactly, everything else is trying to emulate it.

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 pm So the JP8000/8080, Nord Lead 1-2 and the Virus were the synthesizers back then for supersaw/hypersaws but were there other synths that was just as popular aswell?
At least amongst certain artists, surely Novation Supernova. SN/SN II and Nova were nice little machines.

subterfuge wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:41 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 pm So the JP8000/8080, Nord Lead 1-2 and the Virus were the synthesizers back then for supersaw/hypersaws but were there other synths that was just as popular aswell?
At least amongst certain artists, surely Novation Supernova. SN/SN II and Nova were nice little machines.

A is 8080, B is clearly soft sounding.

pixel85 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:56 am JP6K has aliasing. It has specially simulated aliasing of JP8000/8080 which is a godfather of SuperSaws. That synth (original hardware) was used to create the first track that made SuperSaw famous (System F - Out of the blue) :)

Aliasing is actually part of the "classic sound of supersaw". Access Virus quickly became 2nd "best synth" for SuperSaw/HyperSaw. If I remember correctly, Virus has 96k SR so it can avoid (most of) aliasing.
About plugins, I remember that Spire sounded waaaay better in 96k projects (huge audible difference). Today most plugins use oversampling for SuperSaws to avoid aliasing I guess?
Diva has a switch for the JP8000 module which disables oversampling, to get aliasing :)

keel wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:12 am
A is 8080, B is clearly soft sounding.
:lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”