Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

dvnation Great demonstration. They sound awesome. :tu:

Not related to above video, but I noticed that some of the sysex presets are only playing on one channel (left or right). Anyone else noticed this? Can it be resolved from within the plugin?

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:20 pm Actually saying that, some of the X waves do the PWM thing too. :?
i edited my post above: that was how ensoniq tried to overcome the lack of a resonant filter in the vfx. I never analysed the waveforms from the hardware but if arturia has been faithful to the approach, it seems it was done using this kind of pwm.

as far as i can tell, one vfx transwave is missing: doctor-x

the rest all seem to be there.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:22 pm ...I noticed that some of the sysex presets are only playing on one channel (left or right). Anyone else noticed this? Can it be resolved from within the plugin?
It's usually the pan being modded by something. Set it to zero and it'll play up the middle (make sure to adjust the actual PAN too):

dvnation wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:34 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:22 pm ...I noticed that some of the sysex presets are only playing on one channel (left or right). Anyone else noticed this? Can it be resolved from within the plugin?
It's usually the pan being modded by something. Set it to zero and it'll play up the middle (make sure to adjust the actual PAN too):
Thank you so much. That's it. It's funny I centered/tweaked the PAN knob, but overlooked the modulation right next to it. :dog:

Teksonik wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:19 pm
luvst wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:55 pm Great, thanks.
One last question, i really like the ESQ Mirage Bowed Strings patch.
Does someone knows if that would also somehow importable in the SQ 80 V ?
If you have downloaded the .syx file collections and can find the bank that patch is contained then yes it can be imported in the SQ80V. If I happen to come across it I'll let you know what bank it's in. :tu:
@luvst: Do you mean the famous Ensoniq Mirage Sampler Strings like in that video at 3:07?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A6FV6b0cbE&t=187s

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm No, it's doing a kind of PWM on those ones. But there waves with an X after the name - those can be swept like a wavetable.
No, not all of the them.

SQ80V 091821-4.png
SQ80V 091821-5.png
gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:13 pm as biome wrote, the -x ones are the real transwaves and correspond to the vfx. they sound more or less right, though i'd have to cable up my old vfx to check. there weren't many transwaves in the vfx.
Well I'm only going on memory but the SQ80V is not yielding anything like VFX sounds.

I realize the architecture is different so I'd still like a dedicated VFX emulation. Perhaps if the SQ80V is a hit they'll do one next.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnpLitaVxkE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:04 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm No, it's doing a kind of PWM on those ones. But there waves with an X after the name - those can be swept like a wavetable.
No, not all of the them.

SQ80V 091821-4.png
SQ80V 091821-5.png
gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:13 pm as biome wrote, the -x ones are the real transwaves and correspond to the vfx. they sound more or less right, though i'd have to cable up my old vfx to check. there weren't many transwaves in the vfx.
Well I'm only going on memory but the SQ80V is not yielding anything like VFX sounds.

I realize the architecture is different so I'd still like a dedicated VFX emulation. Perhaps if the SQ80V is a hit they'll do one next.....

Yeah I did notice that a few posts ago too. A bit confusing really.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:04 pm
No, not all of the them.

SQ80V 091821-4.png
SQ80V 091821-5.png

That sounds great.

jojoB3 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:56 pm Hah! SMH.

Definitely ignore the few clowns here, Olepro. For some reason they can't deal with reality and info unless it's a VST.
Huh?
I asked him to back up his assertions with better detail, instead of simply making statements such as "LFOs are all wrong" and then saying "I know because I have the hardware."

Not sure how that qualifies as 'reality denial' but whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

How long is this synth on sale for?

I can't find any mention of the sale period. Just shows $99 down from $199 (less if you are already a customer).

I paid $69 and I'm more than happy with that price but at $199 I'm afraid I would have had to pass. I see some people paid $49 and that's pretty much no-brainer territory in my book.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:22 pm I can't find any mention of the sale period. Just shows $99 down from $199 (less if you are already a customer).

I paid $69 and I'm more than happy with that price but at $199 I'm afraid I would have had to pass. I see some people paid $49 and that's pretty much no-brainer territory in my book.
At $49 it's definitely a no-brainer. Almost outrageously cheap, considering all the work done.
Fernando (FMR)

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:22 pm I can't find any mention of the sale period. Just shows $99 down from $199 (less if you are already a customer).

Arturia mentioned on facebook, which is how I even heard about this, that it was on sale so Ima suming that's a limited period thing. That was a couple of days ago. I don't know when this was released. I certainly couldn't afford two hundred bucks either.

If anyone knows where they can get this for 50 bucks, please let me know.

Ask them on their Facebook page how long the sale is on. Unless you're already a customer I don't think you'll find it for $50 anywhere at least until used licenses start popping up and who knows long long that would be.

It's not a matter of me not being able to afford $200 it's just that I couldn't justify the purchase at that price. I would probably buy something else instead.

Return to “Instruments”