Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:50 pm Ask them on their Facebook page how long the sale is on. Unless you're already a customer I don't think you'll find it for $50 anywhere at least until used licenses start popping up and who knows long long that would be.

It's not a matter of me not being able to afford $200 it's just that I couldn't justify the purchase at that price. I would probably buy something else instead.
Actually, I just logged in to My Arturia (wow, mine?) and they've invited me to pay 69 as well (euros). It says the sale is on till october 5.

69€ also includes the two patch collections, Dust Materials och Raw Machinery.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:51 pm Actually, I just logged in to My Arturia (wow, mine?) and they've invited me to pay 69 as well (euros). It says the sale is on till october 5.
Well then there you have it. If you have any of their software installed you already have the Arturia Software Center installed so you can demo the SQ80V first to see if it's right for you or not. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:01 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:51 pm Actually, I just logged in to My Arturia (wow, mine?) and they've invited me to pay 69 as well (euros). It says the sale is on till october 5.
Well then there you have it. If you have any of their software installed you already have the Arturia Software Center installed so you can demo the SQ80V first to see if it's right for you or not. :tu:
I have been enjoying the demo. I would very much like it, and may well buy it but good old money is the issue.

Isn't it always?

Sadly money can be an issue. I shouldn't spend another penny on plugins since I have so many but when something like this comes along and I basically get a $69 ticket back to the 80's which was a great time in my life it's worth it to me.

I've never really regretted selling my ESQ-1 but I did miss some of the sounds it could make. Hearing them just shoots me back to those days.

I look at it this way. People collect everything from lunch boxes to Pez dispensers so collecting plugins is just as legitimate an endeavor. Plugins may never go up in value as other collectables do but as long as they bring you enjoyment in the moment and you can afford them...why not.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:22 pm I paid $69 and I'm more than happy with that price but at $199 I'm afraid I would have had to pass. I see some people paid $49 and that's pretty much no-brainer territory in my book.
For 149€ I got: SQ80V, CZ V, Emulator II V, Jun6 V, Jup8 V4, Mellotron V, OB-Xa V, Stage 73 V2, Synthi V, Vocoder V, and a bunch of presets.

V Collection 5 owners get even more for the same money. The longer you wait with upgrading, the better the deal is. :ud:

(I also have Pigments, I don't know if it doesn't cost more € without)

Imo, SQ80V is worth having, if only because the interface is a lot better than that of SQ8L. I'd rather program the hardware synth than the plugin that mimics it (just talking about this synth).
ps. I don't remember seeing those transwaves (and modulation) in SQ8L...
Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:37 pm Sadly money can be an issue. I shouldn't spend another penny on plugins since I have so many but when something like this comes along and I basically get a $69 ticket back to the 80's which was a great time in my life it's worth it to me.
Same here! Currently, for me, it's the worst time to buy... well, anything. I'm trying to sell some software/hardware to make up for it. Does anyone need a Zoom H2N? :oops:
I have a Microwave XT that's worth a lot more now than when I bought it. But I really want to keep it. :(

T-CM11 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pm Same here! Currently, for me, it's the worst time to buy... well, anything. I'm trying to sell some software/hardware to make up for it. Does anyone need a Zoom H2N? :oops:
How much for your Zoom H2N?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:38 pm
T-CM11 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pm Same here! Currently, for me, it's the worst time to buy... well, anything. I'm trying to sell some software/hardware to make up for it. Does anyone need a Zoom H2N? :oops:
How much for your Zoom H2N?
It's the bundle: https://www.thomann.de/be/zoom_h2n_aph2n_bundle.htm
100€
If you're interested, we'd better continue this via pm. :wink:

gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:25 pm as far as i can tell, one vfx transwave is missing: doctor-x

the rest all seem to be there.
Has anyone informed Arturia that one of them is missing?

I've noticed that some of the waveforms (mainly the hidden ones afaict) seem to have a limited range on the keyboard. Is that intentional?

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:39 pm I've noticed that some of the waveforms (mainly the hidden ones afaict) seem to have a limited range on the keyboard. Is that intentional?
I just tried a hidden one (at random) and I get the full range, but maybe not with all of them.
Anyway - the hidden waves were (originally) the complete opposite of 'intentional', since you couldn't access them by regular means. Arturia turned a 'bug' into a feature. :party:

T-CM11 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:52 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:39 pm I've noticed that some of the waveforms (mainly the hidden ones afaict) seem to have a limited range on the keyboard. Is that intentional?
I just tried a hidden one (at random) and I get the full range, but maybe not with all of them.
Anyway - the hidden waves were (originally) the complete opposite of 'intentional', since you couldn't access them by regular means. Arturia turned a 'bug' into a feature. :party:
Yes it's really weird, some of them have very odd properties so I'm not sure how useful they are. Where depending on the key you press you get a completely different waveform. Try some of the last few waves in the second hidden folder

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:28 pm Yes it's really weird, some of them have very odd properties so I'm not sure how useful they are. Where depending on the key you press you get a completely different waveform. Try some of the last few waves in the second hidden folder
I love some unpredictability! :love:

unpredictable, unless you put in enough time to learn every nook and cranny... but I'm not *that* young anymore. :?

Edit:
Problems in duplicates and navigation after it seems all are ok! So, it is at your risk!

Get busy importing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWrpOcRByY
Last edited by EnGee on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:24 pm Get busy importing!
Those are the same patches mentioned last week that everyone has already been trying to import. The import function has some issues and isn't mapping everything correctly, but yeah, there are lots of good ones in there and many of them are fine.

I'm finding it's pretty tedious to import the sysex files one by one. Too bad you can't just point it at a folder and have it turn into a single collection instead of a separate bank for every 30ish presets.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”