The one plug-in I wish would be reborn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pandashake wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:11 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:28 am What is the company that turned into Roger Nichols digital? I remember that was a huge shitshow at the time.
Elemental Audio, if I recall correctly.
Yes, that was a good example of how a great company with great products can sunk pretty fast by bad management decisions.
Fernando (FMR)

Melkor wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 am Simulanalog. Exactly as they were, no GUI, just 64bit.
Whatever Simulanalog was turned into Overloud eventually.

CinningBao wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:26 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:46 pm Prosoniq Piwarp
Yeah I miss that too, but Zynaptiq have slowly started releasing the Prosoniq IP they purchased, andI believe PiWarp is 'in' Wormhole, even though they don't outright declare it the colour and design is too similar to be a coincidence. No bloomin' up/crossgrade path though :(

https://www.zynaptiq.com/wormhole/
Oh, nice, thanks for that. Checking it out. Cheers :hug:

EDIT: iLok. Oh well, not for me. But, still, cool. I like the UI - has the Piwarp vibe :)

ReFX QuadraSID
I believe it will works thru jbridge, but anyway sad that it had no time to update to 64 bit. Pretty deep machine (not only as chip emulation).

Tone2 Firebird
The same situation, i'm sure it could be very interesting even today.

Lexicon FX bundle (not reverbs)
It's still in shops, but rather like fake alive, with their bugs\broken features during bunch years. Sad, just very liked their delays.

White Noise WNAdditive
It's funny how many times I wanted to buy it, I went to the site when it was still there, while I was going to, it disappeared. (Surprisingly it seems no one mention Zero Vector, I remember at one time it was popular like Serum now heh)

+1 for Virsyn (bad story, like about Lexicon), SpectrumWorx, Alchemy.

UPD Forgot to add Hartmann Neuron (for PC at least), would be interesting to try better.

e@rs wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:40 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:07 pmOhmicide.
They're back I believe https://www.ohmforce.com/plugins
They have a new site indeed, but that's it unfortunately: no plugin updates in years, small and even broken GUIs. And that Infinity wasn't exactly a success story, but apparently they learned nothing from their DAW fiasco...

BTW, congrats on your OSC win, cool tune! :phones:
IIRC OhmForce have made it clear numerous times they lack the resources necessary to fully update the codebase of nearly all of their plugins which is why they've shifted focus to develop new products...like OhmForce Infinity. (not like that gives me much confidence in their products or their future at all...)

I don't have one, I have three and I'd be happy to have any one of these with continued support...
Artificial Audio Obelisk
Artificial Audio Quartz
Linplug Spectral

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:53 pm
Melkor wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 am Simulanalog. Exactly as they were, no GUI, just 64bit.
Whatever Simulanalog was turned into Overloud eventually.
Yeah, but none of the TH stuff sounded like good old faithful.

I use the softube stuff for Marshall these days, but the gsuite bundle has a place in my heart :D
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

I still use me Linplugs. Wish they hadn't ended
gsuite was a goodie
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Maykie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:06 am Remember this bad boi ?

Used to be my go-to delay... :love:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:07 am Elemental Audio Neodynium:

Did all forms of dynamics processing by treating each volume range as it's own band. So you could expand the really quiet parts, gently compress the just quiet parts, slam the loud parts...it was bizarre and unique. I'd love to get my hands on it today.
This one was soooooo cool !! RND f*cked it up so bad when he closed the company, blaming the customers for not purchasing ”awesome” products ! :scared:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Did all forms of dynamics processing by treating each volume range as it's own band. So you could expand the really quiet parts, gently compress the just quiet parts, slam the loud parts...it was bizarre and unique. I'd love to get my hands on it today.
Unfiltered Audio have an amplitude splitter rack extension. You can use it even with the lite version of Reason. It will split audio into three zones based on amplitude, you can then process each zone individually and then return it to be summed back together. Unlike Neodynium you can build any sort of processing chains you want not just dynamics. For example you can add expansion to the low band, reverb to the mid band and EQ to the high band etc etc.

I was hoping Triad would also have an amplitude splitter but that only does parallel processing or frequency bands. Such a missed opportunity from UA!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Marshall Electronics Time Modulator by Intelligent Devices - an obscure digital version of an obscure analog delay. Actually all the Intelligent Devices stuff had interesting ideas, they are the digital division of Marshall Electronics. They gave up on pro audio and do work in other fields now.

spectral synth by linplug I like

c_voltage wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:03 am Tone2 Firebird
The same situation, i'm sure it could be very interesting even today.
It's called Warlock.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/warloc ... iosoftware
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

v1o wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:30 am

Unfiltered Audio have an amplitude splitter rack extension. You can use it even with the lite version of Reason. It will split audio into three zones based on amplitude, you can then process each zone individually and then return it to be summed back together. Unlike Neodynium you can build any sort of processing chains you want not just dynamics. For example you can add expansion to the low band, reverb to the mid band and EQ to the high band etc etc.

I was hoping Triad would also have an amplitude splitter but that only does parallel processing or frequency bands. Such a missed opportunity from UA!
Unfiltered Audio's G8 can do this. Engaging the reject outputs gets you a 2-band amplitude splitter (or a crude transient splitter in one-shot mode), and everything sums losslessly so you can stack another G8 on the reject outputs of the last to get as many bands as you want without compromising audio quality. It'd be great to have a plug-in that does it all in one place without window juggling though. 2-band splitting is super easy with G8, at least.

Return to “Effects”