Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Any $25 PA Voucher?

Thanks!

future-bit wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:46 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:32 pm Do you, or anyone else, know if Elements version is good enough to cleanup decently record home studio vocal recordings?
I have been doing voice recording for many years in the studio and at home. Noice Gate from SoundForge is the main plugin for me. This is sufficient in most cases.

The biggest problem with home recordings is room reverb. If it's too noticeable, I use Reverb Reduction from Spectralayers 7 (I got Spectralayers with SoundForge Pro Suite). I tried using the same De-Reverb from my iZotope RX6 Standard, but I found the Spectralayers Reverb Reduction to work better.

Noice Reduction from Spectralayers and Voice De-Noise from iZotope both work well. I use them if there is a low frequency background. But you need to use it carefully so as not to cut out the useful voice signal. Therefore, more often I use Noice Gate from SoundForge and manual cleaning.

I would say that in all difficult cases Spectralayers often helps me out, in which I also remove complex noises and clicks manually. RX elements is also a good solution, but does not have a function for removing reverberation.
Thank you for the detailed advice, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I am not looking too spend much on this if at all. The main problem is what you mentioned - accidentally overdo the cleanup and make the recording worse. Until now I have used Edison's builtin de-noiser for cleaning up dialogues and stuff, but it does seem to take away some intelligibility from the voice if more cleanup is needed in the recording. My home studio has decent acoustic treatment, so the reverb isn't that bothering, but I get your point that RX does not have that if it is required. Not sure if PA de-verb plugin is good on vocals; own it but never used it, so will give it a go.

I will need to think some on this whole subject and analyze the vocal recordings more to see if I can get away without any noise/reverb cleanup.

Insanelysane wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:49 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:32 pm
I bought RX Elements 8 from Jrrshop last month for $19 ($16.5+ after group discount), so it has been cheaper than $29 but hey maybe that wont happen again till Black Friday?
Ceej wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:55 pm The long-running $49 iZotope bundle with Elements Suite, R2, Phoenixverb, Trash 2, Iris, Breaktweaker, and more is still available at Sweetwater: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -exclusive
Thank you, Insanelysane and Ceej. Yeah, looks like it won't be cheaper than that until Black Friday, or may be it won't at all this year since RX 9 comes out next month.

I will take a look at the iZotope bundle, but really want to avoid spending more than I need to.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:14 am Thank you, Insanelysane and Ceej. Yeah, looks like it won't be cheaper than that until Black Friday, or may be it won't at all this year since RX 9 comes out next month.

I will take a look at the iZotope bundle, but really want to avoid spending more than I need to.
The iZotope bundle really is a fantastic value if you don't already have the things in there, but yeah, if you don't want/need anything other than RX Elements then it's still more than you need to spend.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Is this site legit? They had the Fabfilter total bundle for $179 but its out of stock now.

https://pluginsdeals.com/product/fabfil ... 0NEALw_wcB
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

that site seems sketchy

Ceej wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:51 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:14 am Thank you, Insanelysane and Ceej. Yeah, looks like it won't be cheaper than that until Black Friday, or may be it won't at all this year since RX 9 comes out next month.

The iZotope bundle really is a fantastic value if you don't already have the things in there, but yeah, if you don't want/need anything other than RX Elements then it's still more than you need to spend.
Agree, it's a fantastic value for sure. I do have a couple of products from that bundle, and RX Elements might be the only thing I need now.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:12 am Not sure if PA de-verb plugin is good on vocals; own it but never used it, so will give it a go.
No, no, I wrote about De-Reverb from Izotope RX. I also have PA De-verb, but I never used it - it's not for vocals. Again, to clean up the vocals, it is often enough to clear the pauses of light noise, the Noise Gate will handle this.

Various clicks in the voice can also be cleared using RX Elements (of course, it must be applied selectively, and not to the entire recording, otherwise the recording will also lose part of the signal). Although I can easily remove most of the clicks in SoundForge manually, or using Click and Crackle Removal. As a result, I would say that my main tool for working with voice is SoundForge, I have been working with it since version 4.

ng.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by future-bit on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:12 am Thank you for the detailed advice, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I am not looking too spend much on this if at all. The main problem is what you mentioned - accidentally overdo the cleanup and make the recording worse. Until now I have used Edison's builtin de-noiser for cleaning up dialogues and stuff, but it does seem to take away some intelligibility from the voice if more cleanup is needed in the recording. My home studio has decent acoustic treatment, so the reverb isn't that bothering, but I get your point that RX does not have that if it is required. Not sure if PA de-verb plugin is good on vocals; own it but never used it, so will give it a go.

I will need to think some on this whole subject and analyze the vocal recordings more to see if I can get away without any noise/reverb cleanup.
Definitely try Voice De-noise in RX Elements.

Plugin Alliance

Your $50 Loyalty Voucher expires SOON!
(September 26 - 11:59 PM California Time)
2021-09-50DSL3K3LFZDJKLAZTV9

Let everybody know if you use it. Thanks!

Used by dusted william
Last edited by Aloysius on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

future-bit wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:29 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:12 am Not sure if PA de-verb plugin is good on vocals; own it but never used it, so will give it a go.
No, no, I wrote about De-Reverb from Izotope RX. I also have PA De-verb, but I never used it - it's not for vocals. Again, to clean up the vocals, it is often enough to clear the pauses of light noise, the Noise Gate will handle this.

Various clicks in the voice can also be cleared using RX Elements (of course, it must be applied selectively, and not to the entire recording, otherwise the recording will also lose part of the signal). Although I can easily remove most of the clicks in SoundForge manually, or using Click and Crackle Removal. As a result, I would say that my main tool for working with voice is SoundForge, I have been working with it since version 4.

ng.gif
Oh yes, I do understand that. I just mentioned PA one as an alternative to those you mentioned since I have that, but looks like it isn't best for vocals. :)

Thanks for the explanation and gif example. [Now I see why many people discuss deals on Soundforge stuff. It's because it is good at all these things.]

I will keep your suggestions in mind. :tu:

Uncle E wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:31 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:12 am Thank you for the detailed advice, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I am not looking too spend much on this if at all. The main problem is what you mentioned - accidentally overdo the cleanup and make the recording worse. Until now I have used Edison's builtin de-noiser for cleaning up dialogues and stuff, but it does seem to take away some intelligibility from the voice if more cleanup is needed in the recording. My home studio has decent acoustic treatment, so the reverb isn't that bothering, but I get your point that RX does not have that if it is required. Not sure if PA de-verb plugin is good on vocals; own it but never used it, so will give it a go.

Definitely try Voice De-noise in RX Elements.
Okay, will do that. :tu:

Aloysius wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:14 am Plugin Alliance

Your $50 Loyalty Voucher expires SOON!
(September 26 - 11:59 PM California Time)
2021-09-50DSL3K3LFZDJKLAZTV9

Let everybody know if you use it. Thanks!
thanks, I used it

This is my $25 Plugin-Alliance voucher

2021-09-25SR5NVXUYLC

Please comment if you used it.

If anyone wants to gift their $50 voucher, I could use one.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

i used it, thanks a lot :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”