The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think there should be a place like this. :wink:

First Question:
What would be the upgrade price of Synthmaster 3 for Synthmaster 2.8 + Synthmaster One users like me?

$30.00 or so.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Given that Synthmaster itself is so cheap, how much could an upgrade even cost?

Whatever amount they decide on it'll be a drop in the bucket.

From what i remember from other thread kv311 said it will be free update.

Lets dance wrote:From what i remember from other thread kv311 said it will be free update.
It will be a free update for those owning the Everything Bundle, don't think it will be free for those owning other versions.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=473944&p=6634313&h ... e#p6634313
SynthMaster 3 upgrade for existing SynthMaster users will be $29. For everything bundle owners it's free.

I own only synthmaster one. What will be my upgrade price? The same 30 or a little higher?

I own SM One and SM 2.9.
Still gonna be $29 to upgrade or might there be a bit of a concession to someone who owns both synths ?
As far as I'm aware, that is everything they make ( besides expansions, which don't interest me )as they only have 2 synths.

Soon I hope!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you guys an update on my development progress. Before I dedicate my self fully to v3 development, I had to make some preparations, i.e. make some serious architectural changes.

Last year, I completed the first phase of those changes by making the audio engine modular: in v2.9.9, we can not instantiate effects on the fly.

This year, I'm completing the 2nd phase, by making the UI modular. I first did that on iOS, and now moving that infrastructure to desktop. The following UI is constructed dynamically on the fly, and it is much easiler to build/maintain on our end:

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.11.58.png

The above update (v2.9.10) will be released hopefuly in 2-3 weeks, and then I will start developing the planned changes for v3:

1. VST3 support (this looks like mandatory, Steinberg does NOT allow new plugins with VST 2.4)
2. Flexible routing for layer modules (4 oscillators, 4 modulators, 4 FX, 4 adders, 4 multipliers that can be connected to each other dynamically)
3. dynamic number of layers, up to 16 layers
4. Being able to load SynthMaster One / SynthMaster 2.9 presets into layers
5. Granular synthesis
6. Sample editor
7. Wavetable editor
8. (if time permits) e flexible sequencer with velocity/key regions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Looking forward to it :tu:

projectdan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:41 am Looking forward to it :tu:
Yes Sir....

SynthMaster 2 has become my favourite workhorse since v2.9.8...

The proverbial desert island synth :wink:
No auto tune...

Wow.... that was a twist I didnt see coming. Cant wait
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

kv331 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:28 am
The above update (v2.9.10) will be released hopefuly in 2-3 weeks, and then I will start developing the planned changes for v3:

1. VST3 support (this looks like mandatory, Steinberg does NOT allow new plugins with VST 2.4)
Great news!

But are you absolutely sure about #1 above?

Other discussions on this topic that I have seen imply that this is only of concern to NEW developers that do not already have a license for the VST 2.4 development tools. They cannot get a new VST 2.4 license from Steinberg, therefore they can only release VST3 plugins.

But I have products from other developers that continue to release NEW plugins in both formats.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes, once you have the license you have it, they can't take it away. Its still useful to support both if its just a recompile. The feature set of the two differ though, I would always want to know what is the main target VST2 or VST3...

Return to “Instruments”