Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 amLets just hope that this isn't taking all the Abes resources and we also get a few other improvements. I would love to see them tackle audit quantise/pitch correction, its pretty much the only 'big thing' missing for me now.
Right. It's even weirder that it's missing since from v8 or v9 they have this feature to translate mono- and polyhonic audio to MIDI. It would seem like marrying that with pitch- and time-correction they had for years would be a no-brainer :shrug:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I hope they are working on MPE for the rest of the instruments

I'm confident that we get some nice goodies with 11.1
The fact that something from Cytomic is coming is enough excitement for me
And still praying daily for OperatorXL... a overhaul of the UI similar to Wavetable would be enough for me and MPE
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 am I'm confident that we get some nice goodies with 11.1
The fact that something from Cytomic is coming is enough excitement for me
And still praying daily for OperatorXL... a overhaul of the UI similar to Wavetable would be enough for me and MPE
:o
Music tech enthusiast

Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 am The fact that something from Cytomic is coming is enough excitement for me
Have I missed a rumour!

A version of 'the drop' in the rack would be very nice!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:09 am
Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 am The fact that something from Cytomic is coming is enough excitement for me
Have I missed a rumour!

A version of 'the drop' in the rack would be very nice!
No rumor but yes you missed something :hihi: one of my previous post where I linked to this post by Andy from Cytomic. We do not know what's coming though
andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 am [...] and continuing collaboration work with Ableton, which will soon be released to the public.
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:05 am I'm since ten or eleven years on Live now. I started somewhere at Live 8. How about you folks?
About 8 or 9 years, with some DAW hopping gaps in between.
Always Read the Manual!

Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:05 am I'm since ten or eleven years on Live now. I started somewhere at Live 8. How about you folks?
Since start of 2021 :) (but after five years of Cubase and almost ten years of Reaper)

On & off since v9.7, i.e. 2017. I basically skipped v10 (although I "had" it) but came back for v11 :)
Music tech enthusiast

Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 am And still praying daily for OperatorXL... a overhaul of the UI similar to Wavetable would be enough for me and MPE
That would be great. Wavetable is fantastic, and I love the way it integrates with Push 2.

Operator sounds really good, but it's easy to overlook. The UI is bland and unintuitive, and even after you know where everything is, the workflow is still awkward. It really deserves a better UI, and if they do overhaul it, I imagine it would get the Push 2 treatment as well.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:24 pm
Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 am And still praying daily for OperatorXL... a overhaul of the UI similar to Wavetable would be enough for me and MPE
That would be great. Wavetable is fantastic, and I love the way it integrates with Push 2.

Operator sounds really good, but it's easy to overlook. The UI is bland and unintuitive, and even after you know where everything is, the workflow is still awkward. It really deserves a better UI, and if they do overhaul it, I imagine it would get the Push 2 treatment as well.
Yes, for me it is the way the Live instruments integrate with PUSH out of the box that makes me use them. I probably have better WT synths but nothing so well mapped or pretty to look at- its like using a Hardware Synth....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I messed around with versions 1 and 2, but wasn't really into it at the time. Eventually started using Live Lite 4 for DJing (it's pretty good for that). Later upgraded to Live 6 (and eventually, 7, 8, and 9) and was using it for things like making quick and easy edits of tracks for DJing (chopping out vocals to make instrumentals, making the good part last longer and boring parts shorter, etc.).

Finally started using it for production in 2019 (Live 10). At the time I had recently gotten into Maschine to try working in a totally different way, liked it and wanted a grown-up version of it, so I started playing with Live 10. By that point it had closed the gap with Logic enough for my needs, and I finally clicked with the workflow. Switched over, bought a Push 2, and now it's my main DAW.
Stormchild

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 pm Yes, for me it is the way the Live instruments integrate with PUSH out of the box that makes me use them. I probably have better WT synths but nothing so well mapped or pretty to look at- its like using a Hardware Synth....
Yeah, it does make it feel like hardware. I really do enjoy using it with Push. It's not Serum, but it's no slouch either! Quite powerful actually.

I use EQ Eight as my default EQ for the same reason. If I need something fancy, I have Fabfilter Pro-Q, but again, the Push integration is really good, and most of the time it does what I need it to do.
Stormchild

Since 2004. Seems crazy.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I started to get interested in music production in 2008 and around that time I was fully aware of Live existence, didn't have much money and started with reaper but never could get the grasp of it. In 2011 I was buying my audio interface and the store offered me Live 8 suite with big discount and went with it.

I still remember Live 8 boxed copy came with the DVD to install the orchestral instruments. Nice box too.

From there I got in the Live 9 beta, got Push 1, Push 2, Live 10 and now Live 11.
dedication to flying

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”