Can someone confirm a bug in 4.0.3. when loading an instance of Reason 12 Rack VST?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a problem whereby adding a new instance of Reason Rack VST to an existing project in 4.0.3 containing a modest amount of devices, causes the Reason Login dialog to appear and then causes the subsequent loading of the plugin to fail.

If I try the same thing in 4.0.1. the Reason Login dialog does not appear and the plugin loads fine.

Also if I try to add the Reason plugin to a fresh empty track in 4.0.3, it loads as expected with no dialog.

The existing project has an audio sample, a couple of Bitwig devices and an instance of NI Kontakt.
Bitwig 5.2 beta 13 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + Presonus Studio One Pro 6.6
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.5 Sonoma

Changing the hosting mode for Reason to "Individually" seems to sort it.
UPDATE: The problem is still present even with the Reason plugin being individually hosted.
Bitwig 5.2 beta 13 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + Presonus Studio One Pro 6.6
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.5 Sonoma

Yes, I have some strange Reason authorizer issues as well. My PC is Reason-authorized, and when I load RRP & RRP Effect in Bitwig one of them loads but the second one triggers the login dialog. Also, loading time is approx. 40 seconds in Bitwig. I did sent a ticket to Reason Studios, no reply yet.

I have the same issue.
Think it's when using the "Individually" mode in Bitwig using the separate memory space for each RRP/VST.
Reason authorizer then think you are trying using two instance of RRP but only have licens for one.
Thus you can run one instance but need a login to verifying a second instance/licens.

Return to “Bitwig”