RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emergence

thanks

:tu:

next idea i had while playing with randomnize:
would be nice to have a
lock parameter knob (besides the cpy/paste ones) for stream

say, you're happy with stream1 and its parameters but want to randomnize the others
so locking stream1 from getting randomnized and altered would be helpful

unfilteredaudio's ctrl-click for locking individual parameters is still something great imho

The plugin input is converted to mono. Could it be kept stereo? (v 0.2.1 AU).

Hey daniel_, would it be feasible to add more lanes (edit: er, streams) one day? Could 6, or even 8 work? I have a fun application for this that could use some more :) I don't know how possible or desirable that is to others, though.

Also cosigning Muki's idea to have a randomization lock, that'd be great.

Thanks a lot!

Agreed wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm Hey daniel_, would it be feasible to add more lanes (edit: er, streams) one day? Could 6, or even 8 work? I have a fun application for this that could use some more :) I don't know how possible or desirable that is to others, though.
Sure. Addding any number of streams is the easy part but I don't think I can fit more knobs on the GUI with the current layout. So I will have to think about that before adding any more knobs (for streams or anything else).
onerob wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:08 pm The plugin input is converted to mono. Could it be kept stereo? (v 0.2.1 AU).
Yes that is also on my todo list. I have to think about the details how I want that to work exactly.
muki wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:36 pm next idea i had while playing with randomnize:
would be nice to have a
lock parameter knob (besides the cpy/paste ones) for stream

say, you're happy with stream1 and its parameters but want to randomnize the others
so locking stream1 from getting randomnized and altered would be helpful

unfilteredaudio's ctrl-click for locking individual parameters is still something great imho
Okay I get the idea and see how this can be useful (either for individual parameters or per stream).
Not sure when I will have time for this but I'll keep it in mind!
Emergence: granular effect plugin for mac and windows | reaper_command_palette | patreon | youtube | newsletter

copy/paste of streams do NOT seem to copy/paste LFO settings?
i.e.:
when stream1 has LFO1 modulate GrainPan
copy/paste -> Stream2
will NOT copy/paste the GrainPain modulation (??)

imho: doesn't seem right...somehow...

Agreed wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm Hey daniel_, would it be feasible to add more lanes (edit: er, streams) one day? Could 6, or even 8 work? I have a fun application for this that could use some more :)
you could also try to stack multiple plugin instances
if your DAW allows bus routings it should be doable in parallel routings

i want and actually need some sort of S&H

LFO with noise doesn't cut it imho
and there are quite a lot (if not most) of parameters which lust
for beeing probabilty/random modulated imho

actually imho all stream parameters besides of reverse probability

muki wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:26 pm actually imho all stream parameters besides of reverse probability
...which would clutter the GUI...

what about a vertical small slider for a probabilty value on the side of each stream dial
(like in unfilteredaudio's LION OSC) ?

GUIwise i think that probablity sooner or later there might be a shift
from portrait mode to a more landscap-y look moving the LFO/macro dials to the right ?

Hey! Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm happy to add basically any feature that is useful for most people but this will take time mostly because the time I can spend on this project is limited.

My plan is to fix bugs (if any) and keep improving existing functionality (paste stream parameters with modulation, stereo processing, etc.) before introducing new features (like filters). Not exacly sure what will go into the next update but that's the general idea.
Emergence: granular effect plugin for mac and windows | reaper_command_palette | patreon | youtube | newsletter

Hello,
I have one suggestion : Do you think it would be possible to have a dynamic GUI, so that unused/bypassed streams would be somewhat hidden (folded / tabbed), in order to use much less GUI space?
I have been enjoying playing with just one or two streams, but then half of the plugin was hiding my screen without being used...
Great plugin in any case!

daniel_ wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:09 pm Not exacly sure what will go into the next update but that's the general idea.
cool
thanks
:tu:

sinkmusic wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:23 pm Hello,
I have one suggestion : Do you think it would be possible to have a dynamic GUI, so that unused/bypassed streams would be somewhat hidden (folded / tabbed), in order to use much less GUI space?
I have been enjoying playing with just one or two streams, but then half of the plugin was hiding my screen without being used...
Great plugin in any case!
I see your point. I don't think grouping things into tabs would work well with everyone's workflow (maybe I do want to see all streams at once and not having to switch between tabs).

Making groups of controls (like a stream) collapsible is probably more work to implement but also much more flexible: see everything you want at the moment and collapse everything else.
I think something like this could work. let me know what you think!

Hi,
tabs was maybe an awkward word, and not the most approriate with what I had in mind : like you, I don't like tabbed interfaces.
I was thinking about a fold/unfoldable dynamic GUI (like the FX modules in Unfiltered Audio Triad or Blue Cat Destructor, or the Melda side panels, etc) : when you don't need one section, you click on it, and it gets smaller.

Return to “Effects”