Is there anything out there like Magma?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe Freestyle
https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle-suite.php

Not sure about modulation

There was also that beta version of that FL Studio chainer. Not sure if it is available any more.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

ferez21 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm I think I've found one, MUX by MuLab, it is a modular synth/fx and also can host VST plugins, gonna give it a try
I hope that works out for you. I've got the temporary Mux license installed and it's a very nice sounding synth. The unison is absolutely huge, some of the best I've ever heard.

I don't know if it will do all the modulation of third party plugins you want like Magma but I'm surprised it doesn't get more love here as a great sounding synth.

Hopefully he'll get the shop back up and running soon and I'll see if I can fit Mux into next month's budget. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Theres a few "effects chains" out there like Its MixBox or SoundToy's effort. In terms of that kind of configurability I can only think of Unfiltered Audio's Byome or Triad, or Waves StudioRack (BYO Wave's effects). The later doesn't really do modulation though. Well, not yet anyway.

God i’d kill for StudioRack that hosted third party plugs.

Ploki wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:17 pm God i’d kill for StudioRack that hosted third party plugs.
Man, that would be crazy. We can only live in hope!!

Worthwhile making a suggestion to them actually. Although, Id think they'd have to get past their HiRes/Apple M1 speed bump first!!

jens wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:02 am
RikkShow wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:57 am Cherry Audio
No
Why did you think that was a bad idea?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSOzHL5tVg8

Ended up switching to Bitwig because of the modulators, so I'm good now 🙃

RikkShow wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:40 am
No
Isn't that overly obvious? The OP was looking for a VST-host, which Cherry Audio is not. I didn't say it was a bad idea - however you could put it this way: it was a completely false idea to even just mention it here. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

edit: i see link was already posted

not sure whether it's loadable as FX too, but it definitely can host VSTs

edit2: it's loadable as FX and can host VSTs.

jens wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:37 am
No
Isn't that overly obvious? The OP was looking for a VST-host, which Cherry Audio is not. I didn't say it was a bad idea - however you could put it this way: it was a completely false idea to even just mention it here. ;-)
Sure, Voltage Modular can host VST.
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/plug-in-host
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:20 pm
ferez21 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm I think I've found one, MUX by MuLab, it is a modular synth/fx and also can host VST plugins, gonna give it a try
I hope that works out for you. I've got the temporary Mux license installed and it's a very nice sounding synth. The unison is absolutely huge, some of the best I've ever heard.

I don't know if it will do all the modulation of third party plugins you want like Magma but I'm surprised it doesn't get more love here as a great sounding synth.

Hopefully he'll get the shop back up and running soon and I'll see if I can fit Mux into next month's budget. :tu:
MUX is just a secret weapon; in a lot of ways similar to Bitwig.
Yet, you cannot use Bitwig as a VST inside another DAW. :phones:

El°HYM wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:06 am
jens wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:37 am
No
Sure, Voltage Modular can host VST.
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/plug-in-host

Yeah, I am an idiot! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Was that always there or has it been added at some point? I must admit that I was entirely unaware of it.

But that changes everything of course and I think it in fact makes VM one of the - if not THE - best suggestions here.

So my most humble apologies to RikkShow - I was just being overly stupid and ignorant!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

No, it is part of their Core - Library & indeed one of the main reasons, people should not sleep on Cherry's Voltage Modular.
https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... dular-core

Unfiltered Audio Triad has effects chains and global modulators. But no VST plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”