Architect - Control / Modulate MIDI Pattern Number

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I would like to control which MIDI pattern Mono Seq is playing with some modulation.

I cannot see an input to control to do this so I can adjust the Pattern Number playing via a Rotary / Slider etc or something more complicated.

Is this possible and if so could you let me know how?

Thanks in advance

Toby

Like most of the inlets on the sequencers, the modulation inlets are hidden by default because otherwise, there would be literally hundreds visible. If you click the eye icon in the properties under Pattern / Modulation, the required inlets will appear on the module. The second inlet, "play pattern index" can accept a number that corresponds to the sequence to play, with 0 for the first pattern, 1 for the second etc. The pattern id number's you'll need are shown on the individual pattern slots, in the top right corner. FInally, you'll also need to switch the sequencer's "conduct" property to "modulate" so that the sequencer knows to accept pattern modulation values.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

If you are having trouble following those steps, let me know and I'll upload an example for you.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Great thanks. Yes I’d got as far as modulating the inlets and making them visible etc it was just finding which one and the modulate drop down. Very helpful thanks. When you say you’d upload a tutorial, are there others you’ve uploaded as I’ve not found anything beyond the manual and browsing this forum? Thanks

we eagerly await those factory examples to study.

Of course, and I'm working hard on getting the next update out as soon as possible.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:59 am The second inlet, "play pattern index" can accept a number that corresponds to the sequence to play, with 0 for the first pattern, 1 for the second etc. The pattern id number's you'll need are shown on the individual pattern slots, in the top right corner.
And value '-1' to stop :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

You're right: thanks!

Hi There - life got in the way of music and I’ve just come back to architect as hands down the best sequencer I can find but I have to say I am finding it hard to work out what’s going out without documentation.

Could you possibly give me a brief summary of what on earth is going on with the generative sequencer (X0XBox) style one. I don’t quite understand what’s going on with the different part numbers and I’m not familiar with the X0XB0X. I think I’ve used the right terms as I’m away from my computer at the moment.

Colin - I don’t suppose you could share a patch with one in use?? Probably not but don’t ask don’t get.

Also any chance you could post an example LFO? Just no idea what to do to get one and a basic module would allow me to do most things I’d like.

Thanks and looking forward to the release

Of course! Just to clarify, is X0XBox refering to a specific patch? I can't find anything specific with that name? Or are you just talking about the step sequencers in general?

Return to “Loomer”