RELATED
PRODUCTS

MightyMouse wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:11 am Time to check Reason 12
That's the conclusion this thread lead you to? :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:pray:
antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:39 am Have y'all noticed that this was the 1st announcement in a long time that no one signed under? Usually it was Mattias, sometimes the CEO or somebody else. This time - it's anonymous :)
Sorry, not sure what you mean?

Eclectrophonic wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 amSorry, not sure what you mean?
I meant exactly what I said - no one signed under the blog post about price hike, whereas previous posts were always signed by either Mattias or the CEO.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:39 am Have y'all noticed that this was the 1st announcement in a long time that no one signed under? Usually it was Mattias, sometimes the CEO or somebody else. This time - it's anonymous :)
I noticed that the Reason Studios website doesn't hide the store linke to the perpetual license anymore, which I consider a good move. ;)

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:35 am
I noticed that the Reason Studios website doesn't hide the store linke to the perpetual license anymore, which I consider a good move. ;)
To be perfectly honest, I haven't noticed it for a week or so - everything else is in plain text, so I was expecting "Shop" or something, not a small paper bag one receives in perfumerie ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:30 am
Eclectrophonic wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:20 amSorry, not sure what you mean?
I meant exactly what I said - no one signed under the blog post about price hike, whereas previous posts were always signed by either Mattias or the CEO.
Oh I get yer haha!

Maybe they want to prevent death threats. :lol:

WasteLand wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 am why does everybody forgets SALE prices, cubase you could get for 50%, most of the time 40% and crossgrade deals. as ableton.. bitwig... well, and there other types of discounts, or second hand,
Because I think I've read over on Reasontalk but don't quote me on it, don't think Reason ever have sales on upgrades, possibly on buying Reason outright yeah so we're left with maybe finding a deal on an upgrade in the JRR Shop or such place in the new year.

Eclectrophonic wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:46 am
WasteLand wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 am why does everybody forgets SALE prices, cubase you could get for 50%, most of the time 40% and crossgrade deals. as ableton.. bitwig... well, and there other types of discounts, or second hand,
Because I think I've read over on Reasontalk but don't quote me on it, don't think Reason ever have sales on upgrades, possibly on buying Reason outright yeah so we're left with maybe finding a deal on an upgrade in the JRR Shop or such place in the new year.
they do have them, the latest was 30% perhaps, i got for instance R11 suite as an upgrade in sale + discount on jrrshop (but don't remember the percentage, it was higher, when R11 suite could be bought still, in the latest sale, in the end, because of the discounts of jrrshop, the price difference was quite low..). but not often, and wel... i can't find the info, anymore, and don't remember it..

it is indeed difficult to find, and asking it, no-one answers, well on reasontalk, but i got a percentage of 25%, and i found via google, i thought it were upgrades...

well because it was so difficult, and sales can be a long time, and decided, against better judgment, to buy the upgrade to R12, via jrrshop of course.

the Reward Store, another matter, was always strange. but a new kid on the block, see Reasontalk, perhaps you have seen it, is quite enthousiastic, and takes advices, FR's, from users.

the Reward Store is now quite useable now, for instance, if i want to, Friktion, for €59, less than the sale price..
but i wait, if it also will be implemented when a sale is going on.
that was also, i thought, well when i buy the upgrade, why is it a upgrade??, i get 20 points, so now i am on 59... and it can be actually used now, because what was in the reward store, was most of times, cheaper in sales, although... that was think about, that i could only get the €25 voucher.

perhaps more things will change, that the vouchers disappear (the have also an end of life...), o well we must wait. but in the end i can pick i nice instrument, not Friktion, it sounds wonderful, but i won't use it... algoritm, or how does it must be spelled (that is not grammatical!). perhaps, can be an interesting instrument.

and i will wait, because, i only wanted to buy one soft synth, the coming months..., but reason with it's brickwall pricing, well i thought, i would regret it in the end, especially my eyes...

so i will sell something, and all is in balance again...

thanks for the response!

antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:13 pm
That's a fair point, but a lot of people don't really find any value in high-res update. Based on a poll elsewhere, 50% of Reason users have 2+ screens and most of the remaining ones have desktop + monitor rather than laptop, which means they're usually 20''+ 1080p or 1440p screens where you won't get a lot of benefit running high-res assets because they're already at 100% scaling.
I am running on a Surface Studio (28" monitor) - and I get a great benefit out of it .... It is a matter of taste. With REs it is seems to be the only software until now that really offers a good experience (well, stops with VSTs though - as it does for the other DAWs as well).

I guess what's really getting people off with the price uptick, is that Reason isn't really perceived as modern, up-to-date software anymore. But at least it was somewhat competitively priced, which could make up for some lacking features or bugs, but it won't be anymore either.

I’m glad they are putting the price up, keeps out the riff-raff ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:13 pm I’m glad they are putting the price up, keeps out the riff-raff ;-)
Yeah, that's great way to look at it - Reason will now become even more elite!
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:16 am
SLiC wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:13 pm I’m glad they are putting the price up, keeps out the riff-raff ;-)
Boutique Software :lol:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:16 am
As I mentioned before, he is one of the folks who recently purchased V11 at a heavy discount and got V12 for free, so he paid a lot less for Reason than us yet and is absolutely in NO position to make a remark like this in earnest. I think that was an attempt to make fun of himself and you shouldn't take it any serious at all.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”