Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

If guys. Do you think Massive X is a good vst to use at this point? Or is it still a cpu hog on windows based machines?

TBH, I never understood why people consider it a CPU hog. It was never that heavy on my old i5-2500, and even less now that I got a R3600. Most synths I own are heavier than MX.

Lilshaun94 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:28 pm If guys. Do you think Massive X is a good vst to use at this point? Or is it still a cpu hog on windows based machines?
Been successfully using Massive X since it's premiere, very happy with it. Great sound, multitude of options in menageable GUI. No performance issues here either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

FotoxBr wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 pm There is still an unsolved GUI issue with Massive X in the latest versions of Ableton Live.
Only the latest version - which just came out, so it's hardly some long-lasting bug that's been ignored - NI say they know the cause and will have a fix soon, which is pretty on the ball really.

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:57 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 pm There is still an unsolved GUI issue with Massive X in the latest versions of Ableton Live.
Only the latest version - which just came out, so it's hardly some long-lasting bug that's been ignored - NI say they know the cause and will have a fix soon, which is pretty on the ball really.
It is only fixed when it is fixed.

Ploki wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:57 pm
spacepluk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:51 pm iirc Rosetta converts the binaries. Maybe it's pre-converted? I have no idea if that's a thing.
no.
There's also no conversion on the disk space going on.
Rosetta is a realtime emulation layer, you don't have double of everything on your drive.
Incorrect. Rosetta 2 does both just-in-time and ahead-of-time translation. It is not an emulation layer. There is also good support in the M1 hardware for Rosetta 2 which is why some Intel software runs faster on M1 than on Intel.

rezoneight wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:25 am
spacepluk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:51 pm iirc Rosetta converts the binaries. Maybe it's pre-converted? I have no idea if that's a thing.
no.
Rosetta is a realtime emulation layer, you don't have double of everything on your drive.
Incorrect. Rosetta 2 does both just-in-time and ahead-of-time translation. It is not an emulation layer. There is also good support in the M1 hardware for Rosetta 2 which is why some Intel software runs faster on M1 than on Intel.
:dog: my bad.
However i dont think massive x is pre-rosetta’d

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:03 am
rezoneight wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:25 am
no.
:dog: my bad.
However i dont think massive x is pre-rosetta’d
The translation and a stored binary should happen the first time it launches since its Intel-only at the moment and not a universal binary.

Hotfix update is out.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n/m
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

massive x´s knobs don't work in the m1 beta of Ableton. In the latest normal version of live it doesn't have this problem.

... when using that plugin-configure button on the plugin in the bottom row it works.

dvnation wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:43 pm https://youtu.be/0mnaIkN6wcU
Nice. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”