PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

killmaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:52 pm
p1afff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:23 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:30 am Personally, for the way I like to work, my only gripe is that I feel like I have to hunt down modulation target assignments. I'm switching presets a lot and it's not immediately evident which parameters are assigned to "slide" and aftertouch. I wish I could slick a button on these parameters in the Expression tab and get a list. Sometimes assignments are hidden in the Modulator section so instead of visually looking for the highlighted assignments, an absolute list would be more helpful. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when you are switching between a lot of presets, not knowing makes it difficult if you are using MPE mostly. CC macro bar is nice! But yet and still, being able to see a list of all targets per CC# would be welcomed.
Two things can help you :
1 Many presets contain explanation about the modulations they use
2 For, let’s say, Slide, go to Expression, hover at the left of the MPE Slide settings to see a white hollox corcle. Click on it, you’ll see the Slide destination modulations.
Yes, thanks. I know about this. I'm referring to when the modulated parameter is hidden underneath one of the other modulator tabs as it sometimes is...
Not sure to understand, you can swith to these tabs…
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:07 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:52 pm
p1afff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:23 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:30 am Personally, for the way I like to work, my only gripe is that I feel like I have to hunt down modulation target assignments. I'm switching presets a lot and it's not immediately evident which parameters are assigned to "slide" and aftertouch. I wish I could slick a button on these parameters in the Expression tab and get a list. Sometimes assignments are hidden in the Modulator section so instead of visually looking for the highlighted assignments, an absolute list would be more helpful. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when you are switching between a lot of presets, not knowing makes it difficult if you are using MPE mostly. CC macro bar is nice! But yet and still, being able to see a list of all targets per CC# would be welcomed.
Two things can help you :
1 Many presets contain explanation about the modulations they use
2 For, let’s say, Slide, go to Expression, hover at the left of the MPE Slide settings to see a white hollox corcle. Click on it, you’ll see the Slide destination modulations.
Yes, thanks. I know about this. I'm referring to when the modulated parameter is hidden underneath one of the other modulator tabs as it sometimes is...
Not sure to understand, you can swith to these tabs…
In other words, seeing all the targets per modulator in one place for workflow.

Ah, as a wish so. Not a big deal for me, Triggers are still missing though
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:20 pm Ah, as a wish so. Not a big deal for me, Triggers are still missing though
Curious which triggers you are thinking of?

Last tab IIRC
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:41 pm Last tab IIRC
Yes, I see and agree. Thanks!

Well, I had some minutes today for another crappy Plasmonic Brass and Woodwinds experiment...terrible playing since all I use is my computer keyboard again (put everything else in a dark corner in the cellar).
But here it is.....:)
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... s-woodwind

Cinebient wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 pm Well, I had some minutes today for another crappy Plasmonic Brass and Woodwinds experiment...terrible playing since all I use is my computer keyboard again (put everything else in a dark corner in the cellar).
But here it is.....:)
lovely example... :tu:

cool

the room reverb/ambience is plasmonic's own or another?

The room/reverb is also just Plasmonic here.

O.k. and here is another one with 2 presets...a kind of synth/organic brass hybrid combined with a mellotron like flute thing. Again FX are also just Plasmonic.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... nother-duo

Cinebient wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 pm The room/reverb is also just Plasmonic here.
thanks for the info

FDN i suppose ?

it's a good one imho (plasminic's reverb i mean)...

muki wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:14 am
Cinebient wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 pm The room/reverb is also just Plasmonic here.
thanks for the info

FDN i suppose ?

it's a good one imho (plasminic's reverb i mean)...
Well-chosen reverb algo. Sounds great for a built-in one.

SLiC wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:57 pm Apple M1 users: Apple Silicon support is next on our agenda and will be available with the next update of Plasmonic
This is great, hopefully it coincides with the upcoming 16" possible 14" M1x or M2 macbook pros coming in the next month or so!

Between Plasmonic, U-He, Sektor, and the upcoming Reason Rack plus Falcon Apple Silicon support it's looking good for M1. That and all the DAWs that are native now or within weeks. :)

Bug or not ?
When an oscillator is send to both a bypassed resonator and a bypassed filter module , both modules in parallel .
The output of the filter module is a lot louder compared to the resonator's output .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”